PDA

View Full Version : IMDB Top 250 - Dawn of the Dead

Philly_SWAT
22-Apr-2006, 08:41 AM
I am sure that most of you visit imdb.com. It is one of the most useful sites on the web. If not, you should check it out. But even if you visit it, you may not know that once you register you can give ratings to movies, and the collective rating of the thousands of people who vote is shown of the movie page. The rating is almost always a good indication of whether or not the movie is good, great, bad, etc. They have a top 250 list, which is a good indication of the greatest movies of all time. Not surprisingly, The Godfather is listed as number 1. A big tie for last place exists with a bunch of movies with a 7.8 rating (out of 10). Dawn78 has a 7.8 rating, but for some reason is not on the list (if my memory is correct, it used to be). It may be because their system calculates out to 7.80001 vs.7.80002 etc. Hard to say. But if you havent, I suggest that you go to imdb.com, register if you havent, and put in your vote for Dawn of the Dead 78 and get it back on the top 250 list. I suggest you give it a 10, but give it whatever vote you want. Unless you are not going to give it an 8 or above, then forget about it!:)

erisi236
22-Apr-2006, 03:44 PM
well, I gave it a ten back when I had the chance to vote for it, so I already did my part. :cool:

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2006, 05:33 PM
I've given Dawn a righteous 10, which I would have given it anyway. Yawn04 got a 4 from me, ha!

erisi236
22-Apr-2006, 05:39 PM
my zombie movie voting went...

Dawn - 10
Land - 9
Dawn04 - 8
Day - 8
Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 8
Resident Evil - 7
Zombi 2 - 7

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh yeh, that reminds me, I also voted for Land - gave it a 10 :cool:

Watched it again t'other day and it's still great fun! :)

EvilNed
22-Apr-2006, 06:16 PM
I gave Dawn a 9.

The lowest zombie score I've given is for Resident Evil, which I gave 2. It was only beaten by Bad Boys 2, Windtalkers and Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back which are all solid 1:es.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2006, 08:37 PM
Be careful handing out too many 10's. If you constantly vote movies a ten, your account of votes is looked at and then they won't count your votes. When I learned this I stopped giving movies a 10 because of this. Now I rate good movies a 9 just to be safe, even it deserves a 10.

My Ratings

Night 68 8
Dawn 78 9
Day 85 7
Land 05 2
Dawn 04 8
Shaun04 8
Rotld 9

I have a few 10's scattered around, but once I learned about the 10 system. I stopped giving 10's.

Danny
23-Apr-2006, 02:41 AM
i hate imdb with a passion ,its THE biggest fanboy infestation ive ever seen, imagine a bunch of zombies, rather than all going "uuuuhhggggg....." they all go "TELL EM STEVE-DAVE!".

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2006, 11:21 AM
The forum discussions on IMDb are hilarious, a bunch of idiots posting stuff that's really retarded or blatantly obvious. Then there's a bunch of "post deleted" posts, lol. Good site to get info from, but the forums on there are 90% retarded.

Philly_SWAT
23-Apr-2006, 11:28 AM
I never look at the forums there. I prefer a more high-brow forum, such as this one! :)

Danny
23-Apr-2006, 10:29 PM
aye becuase were a classy bunch, laughing at george bush and tom cruise and endless fan boy arguments in certain threads i aint gonna mention, were nothing like imdb!:lol:

EvilNed
23-Apr-2006, 11:28 PM
Speaking of Tom Cruise, there are people at IMDb who fully believe that The Last Samurai deserves to be amongst the top 250 films of all time. Just check the forum for it.

Danny
23-Apr-2006, 11:47 PM
thats insane.:barf:

HLS
24-Apr-2006, 01:43 AM
I am sure that most of you visit imdb.com. It is one of the most useful sites on the web. If not, you should check it out. But even if you visit it, you may not know that once you register you can give ratings to movies, and the collective rating of the thousands of people who vote is shown of the movie page. The rating is almost always a good indication of whether or not the movie is good, great, bad, etc. They have a top 250 list, which is a good indication of the greatest movies of all time. Not surprisingly, The Godfather is listed as number 1. A big tie for last place exists with a bunch of movies with a 7.8 rating (out of 10). Dawn78 has a 7.8 rating, but for some reason is not on the list (if my memory is correct, it used to be). It may be because their system calculates out to 7.80001 vs.7.80002 etc. Hard to say. But if you havent, I suggest that you go to imdb.com, register if you havent, and put in your vote for Dawn of the Dead 78 and get it back on the top 250 list. I suggest you give it a 10, but give it whatever vote you want. Unless you are not going to give it an 8 or above, then forget about it!:)

I like your website. I been to that cemetary many times. The photos were great!

HLS