PDA

View Full Version : Sean Connery is the man...

DjfunkmasterG
23-Apr-2006, 03:42 PM
On FX at this moment is the Snipes/Connery thriller Rising Sun. Even though the movie is so-so Connery gives a great performance, and really makes me enjoy this film.

Thoughts on the man or the film?

glsjaw
23-Apr-2006, 04:30 PM
as most actors have done in there career i cant think of a bad role Connery has done

DjfunkmasterG
23-Apr-2006, 04:32 PM
League of Extradordinary Gentlemen? :D

Eyebiter
23-Apr-2006, 04:36 PM
as most actors have done in there career i cant think of a bad role Connery has done

Zardoz

glsjaw
23-Apr-2006, 04:41 PM
ok you got me there, but at the time i posted i wasnt thinking of those movies, so there :p

axlish
23-Apr-2006, 04:43 PM
Highlander 2

DjfunkmasterG
23-Apr-2006, 04:48 PM
Highlander 2

:lol:

Too funny. I forgot about that film!

EvilNed
23-Apr-2006, 05:26 PM
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a great action film. The idea in itself is just pure genius, too! But yeah, it's dumber than dumb. Great action tho. Great action. And why did they put Shane West as Tom Sawyer in it? He felt very out of place.

Zardoz is wierd. But is it bad?

And yes Highlander 2 is crap. Utter crap. Man, that film is bad. But something I've learnt from the Highlander films is, no matter WHERE you are, stating that you are immortal will always get you laid. Instantly.

DjfunkmasterG
23-Apr-2006, 05:33 PM
But something I've learnt from the Highlander films is, no matter WHERE you are, stating that you are immortal will always get you laid. Instantly.

This is so true. Now what gets you laid in Real Life? Cause if you tell someone you're immortal in RL, you will get a one way ticket to the funny farm.

Tullaryx
24-Apr-2006, 01:31 PM
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a great action film. The idea in itself is just pure genius, too! But yeah, it's dumber than dumb. Great action tho. Great action. And why did they put Shane West as Tom Sawyer in it? He felt very out of place.

They ruined what could've been a great franchise. Alan Moore's story would've made for great translation onto the screen, but Norrington and company thought there wasn't enough action. If they ever bothered to read the graphic novel it had tons of action. As for Tom Sawyer, well the producers wanted an American character in the film since the original book didn't have one.

EvilNed
24-Apr-2006, 01:54 PM
Didn't read the graphic novel, but I heard it has the "original" invisible man in it (Griffin, that is).

Overall, I think LXG is an excellent action film. As good as it gets, actually. But it's stupid, yes and I can point out dozens of errors in it. But I think Stephen Norrington does action really well.

Danny
25-Apr-2006, 03:10 PM
i prefered the league comic book (yes im a british comic book nerd that doesnt read 2000 ad,ooh rare!) but connery is the ****!, only brosnan did a better job as 007, the new guy looks like a 50's greaser.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2006, 04:41 PM
WHAT! Connery is the best 007. Not even Bronsnan can beat Sean. Blasphemy! :mad:

Danny
25-Apr-2006, 04:53 PM
sorry,sorry i meant almost as good a 007 as connery.

MikePizzoff
25-Apr-2006, 06:35 PM
No... you're the man now, dog!