View Full Version : Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 Toilet Edition

Neil
19-Mar-2008, 11:38 AM
Classic! http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/vista-toilet-paper,news-27756.html

kortick
19-Mar-2008, 09:58 PM
Thats great.

Vista is a nightmare.

Fortunately, Microsoft has a new ad campaign.

http://a279.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/44/m_d4f85cb0c801312cf92d80a04a216b26.jpg

Neil
19-Mar-2008, 10:10 PM
My brother has bought a new desktop machine with Vista and it boots slower than older machines I've seen with XP.

My mate has just upped his ram on his Vista system from 2gb to 4gb and he says he noticed the difference! ie: Vista runs better! My God, my little machine here runs XP absolutely fine on 512mb! And 2gb isn't enough for Vista?!?!?

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2008, 10:33 PM
My folks will need a new rig soon, and I have to keep telling my Mum "don't go with Vista". Just cos you can find some cheap-ass rig with a decent spec in the paper, they all come with Vista - and Vista blows right now.

XP rules! :cool:

Danny
20-Mar-2008, 01:14 AM
i cannot stand vista, it looks nice but ill tkae xp, or at least leopard over vista anyday, least longhorns looking promising.

MinionZombie
20-Mar-2008, 11:17 AM
Geez, Vista's new out and they're already talking about the next one? *sniffs Vista* ... smells like Windows 2000. :rockbrow:

3pidemiC
20-Mar-2008, 05:16 PM
What was wrong with 2000?

MinionZombie
20-Mar-2008, 08:32 PM
I duno, I've heard it was gash ... or maybe that was Millennium Edition, I don't know, but I got the impression from a while ago that 2000/ME was kinda a bit 'in between' 98 and XP, a bit stop-gap-like...I duno, could be wrong, that's just the impression I got.

bassman
20-Mar-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm going to be getting a new computer for my home soon(the one I currently have is seriously the worst i've ever seen). I don't know squat about computers except how to use the internet, you guys saying I shouldn't get one with Vista?

Neil
20-Mar-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm going to be getting a new computer for my home soon(the one I currently have is seriously the worst i've ever seen). I don't know squat about computers except how to use the internet, you guys saying I shouldn't get one with Vista?

I think in reality you have little/no choice.

I think you're better off trying to get premium rather than home? Am I right here guys?

kortick
20-Mar-2008, 09:35 PM
Go to a place that builds them
and have them use XP.

Pick out all the components
and put together a system
that suits your needs.

Vista is a nightmare.

MinionZombie
21-Mar-2008, 11:24 AM
Indeed, I stand by getting one built for you. We've had two built for us, and I've recommended to my folks that their next (which will be soon) is built too - at the very least so you can specify XP and not have to arse about with installing XP yourself (which would involve spending money on it that you wouldn't have to do otherwise, if that makes sense).

Also you get to specify the computer to your needs, and you have the people who built it situated locally in case you need to upgrade or have it fixed.

Does anyone know if the cracked Windows Genuine Advantage still works? WGA is such a lame thing ... it's an issue with PCs built for you usually, as the shops just have one copy of Windows and use it for all their rigs.

SymphonicX
22-Mar-2008, 03:43 PM
Erm....I've been using Vista for nearly a year now....

I mean aside from the fragging of my hard disk, constant crashes, lame video drivers and lack of dual boot facilities built in, it's been fine...!!!

Actually it was a bios update that fixed all my issues, aside from the hard disk issue, that was Vista's system restore r*ping my computer of resources....but since then it's run like a dream, with no problems at all.

I should add, if you're looking for a good UK based computer company who'll build you a phat machine for next to nothing, have a look at www.shoeboxcomputers.com - you can indeed specify XP over Vista...well you can specify anything with anything...those dudes will build any kind of machine from huge gaming rigs to small office based computers...and the support rocks...