PDA

View Full Version : Wanna blow $3500?

DubiousComforts
19-Mar-2008, 05:44 PM
Night of the Living Dead screenplay (http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/1047-Screenplay-and-book-from-Night-of-the-Living-Dead_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ52933QQihZ016QQite mZ260218394870QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)
Night of the Living Dead pressbook (http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/1048-Pressbook-scrapbook-Night-of-the-Living-Dead_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ52933QQihZ016QQite mZ260218394871QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

I just hope that comes with a truckload of priceless Evans City dirt.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Mar-2008, 07:34 PM
:rant:
Russo must be broke. Only a hack like him would try to pawn off his "working script" for $2000+. He must be as f**king high as a kite.

$2000.00 + for a screenplay... HA! I don't care if it is Night of the Living Dead... No screenplay is worth that kind of money.

my best offer = $50.00

C5NOTLD
19-Mar-2008, 08:34 PM
Russo's pressbook isn't the last one. I know when he sold the limited edition reproduction of it, he mentioned that it was from his copy which was the last one. It's not.

There was a man in PA that had one complete with the three photos - got the pressbook when he visited latent image while he was in high school to do a news story about filmmaking for his school paper. When he visited they gave him one of the original press books which he still has to this day.

DubiousComforts
19-Mar-2008, 08:53 PM
There was a man in PA that had one complete with the three photos - got the pressbook when he visited latent image while he was in high school to do a news story about filmmaking for his school paper. When he visited they gave him one of the original press books which he still has to this day.
Any idea which three photos were included?

Isn't the screenplay suspect as well? "Copyright 1967 Jack Russo" That opens up an entirely new can of worms regarding the film's copyright problems. Elite stated 15 years ago that Marilyn Eastman was the only person involved that could produce an actual screenplay for the laserdisc.

C5NOTLD
20-Mar-2008, 03:23 AM
Any idea which three photos were included?

Isn't the screenplay suspect as well? "Copyright 1967 Jack Russo" That opens up an entirely new can of worms regarding the film's copyright problems. Elite stated 15 years ago that Marilyn Eastman was the only person involved that could produce an actual screenplay for the laserdisc.

I don't recall off hand - I see if I can find it in my notes about the photos.
I believe one of them was Marilyn Eastman as a zombie. They were stamped on the back with the Flesh Eaters title. Unfortunately none of the photos with this auction pressbook have flesh eaters on the back.

I thought the screenplay was odd. You would have thought Elite would have asked the writer if he still had a screenplay copy. I also noticed there wasn't any mention of Romero as a co-writer which was strange as I thought they shared the writing credit. Maybe it is strictly Russo's script version before the co-writing started.

Then again in the New American Films brochure (not an outright prospectus) that was the company that came after NOTLD (made up of Russo, Ricci, and Streiner) - Russo's bio has him down as screenwriter of NOTLD not co-writer and goes on to say "His screenplay for Night Of the Living Dead has been praised by critics as an exercise of fertile imagination and a jarring tale of terror."

While NOTLD was originally called The Anubis - Night of the living dead is penciled in underneath on the script. Why not Night of the Flesh Eaters since that was the shooting title and was on the camera slate? (That would have made more sense to pencil in). Title was changed to NOTLD by the distributor long after production.

:confused: