PDA

View Full Version : 4 year anniversary

seanbratton
19-Mar-2008, 07:30 PM
4 years ago today Dawn of the Dead hit theaters. I'm wearing my Dawn of the Dead 04 t-shirt and going to head home and watch the movie later tonight. I know there are some Dawn 04 haters but I did enjoy it and will enjoy it tonight!

capncnut
19-Mar-2008, 07:38 PM
<says nothing> :|

Dead Hoosier
20-Mar-2008, 01:54 AM
I saw it twice the first day it was out and four times overall. Don't think I'll be popping it in tonight...I think I've seen it twice a week for the last month on cable!
There aren't very many remakes out there worth a ****, and while some will knock this until they day they die, I'll always be a fan. Nothing touches the original, but GAR himself has never produced anything as enticing as Dawn04's opening sequence...even if it tailed off after that.

Danny
20-Mar-2008, 02:34 AM
^ aye ive said it many times before and i think ill say it many more, and whilst the movie on a whole was a piece of mtv summer money tree trash the opening 15 minutes of carnage was a fantastic piece of cinema, especially the bit were we see her dirving and narrowly miss a car and then almost get pulle dout of the seat by a bus driver. a brilliant bit of zombie movie-age.

Griff
20-Mar-2008, 03:24 AM
4 years ago today Dawn of the Dead hit theaters. I'm wearing my Dawn of the Dead 04 t-shirt and going to head home and watch the movie later tonight. I know there are some Dawn 04 haters but I did enjoy it and will enjoy it tonight!

Perhaps. Or perhaps you'll realize what a derivitive, shallow and juvenile piece of plop it is.

seanbratton
20-Mar-2008, 07:44 PM
It had probably been a year since I had watched Dawn 04 and it was good to catch it last night. As one of the earlier posts had said, it's not the original Dawn, but very good nonetheless.

bassman
20-Mar-2008, 08:54 PM
Disclaimer: I am NOT trying to start another love/hate dawn04 argument...

This thread got me thinking. Do you guys think that in the future this film will have reunions/conventions for it's anniversaries like the original? Of course i'm not comparing it to the original, but scifi/horror films such as this sometimes have these events....think this one will?

Dead Hoosier
20-Mar-2008, 10:11 PM
No. Although I like it, it's not that significant.

ZombieGrrL
21-Mar-2008, 12:12 AM
Wow has it really been 4 years! I would watch it again today if I didn't watch it twice last week..... still the day is young :)

Mike70
21-Mar-2008, 02:35 AM
Perhaps. Or perhaps you'll realize what a derivitive, shallow and juvenile piece of plop it is.

:lol: 3 perfect words to describe dawn04. shallow probably being the most on point of the bunch.

Disclaimer: I am NOT trying to start another love/hate dawn04 argument...

This thread got me thinking. Do you guys think that in the future this film will have reunions/conventions for it's anniversaries like the original? Of course i'm not comparing it to the original, but scifi/horror films such as this sometimes have these events....think this one will?

dear hades and zeus i certainly hope not.

clanglee
21-Mar-2008, 02:51 AM
I like the movie and all. . . but 4th anniversary seems rather arbitrary.

Neil
21-Mar-2008, 07:42 PM
I still remember watch those first 14 (??) minutes on TV as a special advert for the film before its release... Shame those were the best minute of the film :)

Griff
24-Mar-2008, 03:49 AM
I still remember watch those first 14 (??) minutes on TV as a special advert for the film before its release... Shame those were the best minute of the film :)

Which is probably why shamefully they put them on TV and online... I wonder what the box office would have been like had they not?

bd2999
25-Mar-2008, 01:00 AM

Its a good question and it is hard to say. I am sure it will sort of hold a place at horror cons and such as it is a zombie movie and I think a decent one, but it will not hold the icon status of the original among such groups I think. Perhaps in the future in will, when the generation that thinks it is good and the original sucks takes over things, but I just doubt it. It lacks the substance and the feel overall.

Not sure about everyone else's experiences with some of these films, but the first time I saw Night or Dawn I could, and can, still talk about it for hours. Why this, why that, what would you do, could you imagine this and so on and so forth. I did not do that with the new film at all. Not saying that matters but it did not really have the realism, such bland characters, the original did.