PDA

View Full Version : I am just curious... (The Walking Dead)

DjfunkmasterG
23-Apr-2006, 05:27 PM
Wasn't there talk of a movie version of the hit underground comic? Anyone have any news on this? I remember hearing something sometime ago.

tju1973
23-Apr-2006, 06:18 PM
Some jerk butt hack director would probably direct it-- Turn it into some sh*t like they have done with several good video game to movie flicks that get shoved down our throats...

AcesandEights
23-Apr-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't know, but with the proper director and production leeway, that could be one good movie.

Lord_Galvatron
23-Apr-2006, 10:10 PM
It could work as an HBO series...

DjfunkmasterG
23-Apr-2006, 10:14 PM
It could work as an HBO series...

I agree. The Walking Dead needs to be a series... not a single movie event.

Danny
23-Apr-2006, 10:26 PM
nope no movie deals, never even heard any rumors of any in the comics and i never miss an issue, it would be good as a series though.

..didnt hbo do carnivale'?

TexasZombie
24-Apr-2006, 02:41 AM
Blah!

*WARNING! HERESY ALERT!*

How many episodes of marital infidelity and intra-group screaming could viewers stand??? We already have "Sex in the City" and "Survivor".

Don't get me wrong - I applaud Kirkman and crew for doing the zombie thing, but after the umpteenth issue of "Peyton Place of the Living Dead" but without the Living Dead, I quit reading it.

TZ

Danny
24-Apr-2006, 06:21 AM
you obviously aint seem the latest issues.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/walkingdead_28.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/walkingdead_30.jpg

its hottin' up!

i doubt the guy in the second one is rick, probably the other guy that whent with him in issue 25.

TexasZombie
24-Apr-2006, 11:42 AM
That's cool. That's great, even!
I'll have to get over to the comics store eventually and check it out again.
Thanks!
TZ

Tullaryx
24-Apr-2006, 01:06 PM
I want to wait for the 5th trades to come out, but I may just bite the bullet and get issues 25 through the current one. I don't see Kirkman killing off Rick anytime soon. I wouldn't put it past him to kill Glenn though. Glenn's pretty much the last guy from the original camp group outside of the old due banging the young college girl. Though it could be Otis or Herschel.

Rottedfreak
24-Apr-2006, 04:34 PM
The entire idea behind the walking dead is to show what happens in a dead universe between movies, plus it's doing things that zombies movies seldom do, show zombies as gruesome as they would be. If it were made into yet another zombie movie it's image could be tarnished forever, some characters could be completely rewritten or ditched, the focus on characters could be lost in favour of gore scenes and god knows how Hollywood would butcher it.

Tullaryx
24-Apr-2006, 05:02 PM
Really, only HBO or Showtime should even be given a chance to look at it as an adaptation for an ongoing series. Each issue would be an episode.

Danny
25-Apr-2006, 03:02 PM
i agree, allthough issue 23 or 24 happens in the span of about 10 minutes.

Tullaryx
25-Apr-2006, 03:38 PM
i agree, allthough issue 23 or 24 happens in the span of about 10 minutes.

They could always do some sort of flashback sequence to fully give some of the reasoning why Rick and the rest have been going abit nuts lately. :)

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2006, 04:40 PM
Basically 10 episodes could cover the entire series. Make it one mini series, show it at 10pm at night, then release a DVD boxset. :D

Danny
25-Apr-2006, 04:44 PM
i funking hate dvd boxsets:mad:

DeadJonas190
26-Apr-2006, 05:57 AM
nope no movie deals, never even heard any rumors of any in the comics and i never miss an issue, it would be good as a series though.

Kirkman addressed the movie rumours in some of the letters columns, but I forget what issue and really don't feel like digging out all of them and searching through the 6 page letter columns in each issue.

The entire idea behind the walking dead is to show what happens in a dead universe between movies, plus it's doing things that zombies movies seldom do, show zombies as gruesome as they would be. If it were made into yet another zombie movie it's image could be tarnished forever, some characters could be completely rewritten or ditched, the focus on characters could be lost in favour of gore scenes and god knows how Hollywood would butcher it.

Where did you get the idea that the Walking Dead is to show what happenes in a dead universe between movies since it is not based on any movie nor movie series? I have never read anything that even came close to saying that (and I have been following it since before it came out), so I am curious where that idea came from. I guess I could have missed it, but I don't think Kirkman has said anything other than things about being inspired by some of the movies out there.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2006, 11:58 AM
i funking hate dvd boxsets:mad:

WHAT! why do you hate boxsets?

I love boxsets... DAWN 1978 boxset rules.!

Danny
27-Apr-2006, 05:53 AM
Kirkman addressed the movie rumours in some of the letters columns, but I forget what issue and really don't feel like digging out all of them and searching through the 6 page letter columns in each issue.

oh yeah, sorry i jut cant be arsed to read all the letters.

Where did you get the idea that the Walking Dead is to show what happenes in a dead universe between movies since it is not based on any movie nor movie series? I have never read anything that even came close to saying that (and I have been following it since before it came out), so I am curious where that idea came from. I guess I could have missed it, but I don't think Kirkman has said anything other than things about being inspired by some of the movies out there.

i think that the comic is based on peoples reactions and interactions ni ever more confineing spaces not the zombies really, thats been done before, and before, and so on and so on till the genre collapses in on itself.