PDA

View Full Version : return of the living dead - necropoplis

ipotts85
24-Apr-2006, 08:49 AM
is this worth watching? saw it at the video store and was debating whether to rent it or not...

DjfunkmasterG
24-Apr-2006, 11:03 AM
Depends...

Are you willing to watch the final slide of the return series into oblivion?

if so...

plop down your $4.25

NVK
26-Apr-2006, 12:53 AM
I actually liked it. Im like the only one though. The only reason it seems that people hate it is that the zombies die unlike the previous movies. I liked the movie though.

Combat Zombie
26-Apr-2006, 01:56 AM
I too am one of the few that liked it. What some people can't fit into their skulls is that the chemical in this one and the next one is Trioxin-5, where in the first three I believe it was 245-Trioxin. Tri-5 must therefore be a weaker version of 245-Tri, so this does explain why they're easier to kill. I have yet to see it, but according to some people that have seen it, in Rave to the Grave, the Tar-Man is harder to kill than the others. This would show that they knew that the guns could kill the others because they cannot kill an original, 245-Tri zombie where they can kill the Tri-5 ones. Now if the Tar-Man is killed by guns, then we have a right to be outraged. But until someone here says otherwise, it is not difficult to explain how guns can kill the Tri-5 zombies.

DeadJonas190
26-Apr-2006, 05:45 AM
I actually liked it. Im like the only one though. The only reason it seems that people hate it is that the zombies die unlike the previous movies. I liked the movie though.

I didn't like it at all, but not because of the zombies being able to be killed. I didn't like the movie because of the horrible acting and ridiculous plot. That said, I will still probably buy it later on when it gets cheap just to add it to my collection... after all, I do own Return 3 and actually like that one.

livingdeadboy
26-Apr-2006, 11:14 AM
It was cheesey fun, I quite enjoyed a lot of the gore effects in the movie. There were some great head shots here in there. I mean it was a little silly that the zombies were always biting the same spot on the back of the head...but ah well, its a movie. Its a lot better then some of the other stuff out there, Day of the dead 2, Shadow: Dead Riot, House of the dead 2...

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2006, 11:38 AM
Although I am not fond of these films because they further kill the series...

On the cheese scale... they, parts 4 & 5 are way high, for stupid fun they are worth a watch. However, the deviated from the previous 3 films quite a bit.

The chemical is renamed as a previous poster stated. The new chemical Trioxyn 5 is not explained. In part 5 when the tar-man does show up... he is un-killable, yet all the other zombies are brought down by a shot to the head. Yet this is never explained. The Tar-Man comes out of a barrel of Trioxyn 5.

They are just cheesy films, but at least watchable. Better than Day of the Dead contagium.

Combat Zombie
26-Apr-2006, 12:05 PM
Are you sure there's any way to diffrentiate between the Tri-5 barrels and the 245-Tri barrels? I didn't notice any difference in 4...

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2006, 12:09 PM
It's not the barrels themselves, just the name of the chemical. They changes the barrels, the look, but that was done in Part 3, but they still called it 245 Trioxin.

Tullaryx
26-Apr-2006, 02:33 PM
All I can say is: martial arts zombies.

Combat Zombie
27-Apr-2006, 02:50 AM
Well then, if the barrels weren't changed, it could be easy to mistaken the Tar-Mans barrel to be a Tri-5 filled one. After all, two blank bottles with coke and pepsi in them may look the same, but are they?