PDA

View Full Version : Horrorfind?

kev
27-Mar-2008, 10:27 PM
I have seen no mention of how Horrorfind went.
Was the Dead reunion good, did thry have any Q&A sessions etc?

DubiousComforts
28-Mar-2008, 04:12 AM
I have seen no mention of how Horrorfind went.
That's because it hasn't happened yet. It starts tomorrow (http://www.horrorfindweekend.com/).

DjfunkmasterG
30-Mar-2008, 10:43 PM
Since HF was moved to a new location and held during college spring break, the turn out was low. Last years March convention was a low attender as well, however, the new location leaves a lot to be desired. The fun and party vibe of the Hunt valley marriot no longer exists, and the hotel itself was ill-prepared for the convention in terms of hospitality services.

As far as the re-union, I didn't notice any panels in the program other than the panel for the new Judy O'Dea film, Women's Studies.

Everyone that was a key cast member for Dawn + hero zombies were present, including HK zombie, Heli-Zombie and of course our 4 hero's. George was grinding it out meeting and greeting the fans having gone 4+ hours without a break to meet and greet everyone.

I scored myself two Diary posters, one just regular signed and one addressed to me. I bought a Blu_ray disc of Day and had Joe Pilato sign it, and I sat with Jim Krut (Helicopter Zombie) most of the day as he is in my new film trapped so we chatted with HK zombie and Machete Zombie about Dawn, My film, and stuff they would like to do in the future.

It definitely wasn't an August HF event, but it was still a decent time.

Kaos
31-Mar-2008, 02:03 AM
I went Saturday only. DJ is right about the vibe. Not really a party anymore. However, the lines were very managable so I got to meet George and get some things signed without waiting for hours for the privilidge.

Neil
01-Apr-2008, 12:15 PM
Since HF was moved to a new location and held during college spring break, the turn out was low. Last years March convention was a low attender as well, however, the new location leaves a lot to be desired. The fun and party vibe of the Hunt valley marriot no longer exists, and the hotel itself was ill-prepared for the convention in terms of hospitality services.

As far as the re-union, I didn't notice any panels in the program other than the panel for the new Judy O'Dea film, Women's Studies.

Everyone that was a key cast member for Dawn + hero zombies were present, including HK zombie, Heli-Zombie and of course our 4 hero's. George was grinding it out meeting and greeting the fans having gone 4+ hours without a break to meet and greet everyone.

I scored myself two Diary posters, one just regular signed and one addressed to me. I bought a Blu_ray disc of Day and had Joe Pilato sign it, and I sat with Jim Krut (Helicopter Zombie) most of the day as he is in my new film trapped so we chatted with HK zombie and Machete Zombie about Dawn, My film, and stuff they would like to do in the future.

It definitely wasn't an August HF event, but it was still a decent time.

I tried a couple of times to contact them RE you taking a video device etc... Didn't hear a peep back! Did you brother in the end?

Out of interest, why do you recon George does these things? I suspect he doesn't need the money?

Purge
01-Apr-2008, 03:25 PM

Sounds like they're headed in the same direction Chiller is.

DjfunkmasterG
01-Apr-2008, 03:26 PM
George is very fan Friendly. George loves the fans, he embraces the fact they are responsible for still being in the biz.

That is how I see it as to why he does those events.

Harold W Brown
02-Apr-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't imagine the cash hurts - he wasn't signing for free. (I don't begrudge him this at all). He's also had big personal changes in his life that probably cost a bit to get through.

Hare krishna zombie (Mike Christopher) posted a ton of pics on his myspace (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=210621238&albumId=1215661) from the weekend.

C5NOTLD
02-Apr-2008, 10:12 PM
George is very fan Friendly. George loves the fans, he embraces the fact they are responsible for still being in the biz.

That is how I see it as to why he does those events.

I agree. It's probably nice for him to see how his work is actually appreciated by people. Who knows - after a long shoot and post production maybe it helps recharge his battery/creativity for his next film.

Loneshambler
03-Apr-2008, 06:11 AM
I too was at the event on Saturday. It was held about a 20 minute drive from my house, so you can imagine I was quite excited.

I manged to meet the entire cast of DOTD, and got some great photos out of it. I got an autographed photo by George, and had a nice little chat with him about various things, including him being half Cuban!

Out of everyone though, Ken Foree made my day. I had run out of $ at that point, and he appeared to see how big of a fan I was, and in the process, gave me a free autographed picture! What a guy huh?

Overall, the convention was pretty decent, but lacked a lot of interesting things going, so I only went for the day (Saturday). The dealers room was bustling with activity, and had plenty of zombie/Romero merchandise especially. One of the bigger dissapointments came from the late showing of DOTD 78' on the projection screen later that evening. The quality of the screen was horrid, and there were strange translucent lines that slowly ran down the screen. Also, I swear the conventions programmed promised that the extended cut would be shown, even though the theatrical cut was the one that was put on. Oh well, overall, I had a great time, and look forward to the next one.

DjfunkmasterG
03-Apr-2008, 11:39 AM
When they screened the 10 minutes of clips from my film TRAPPED, I noticed those lines, and I informed the projectionist his projector was crapping out on him. Those lines are the sign of a bulb about to go south.

The size of the screen was so-so, but it was nice to at least see an auditorium like venue as opposed to a converted ballroom.

Harold W Brown
04-Apr-2008, 05:33 AM
They showed a decent 16mm print of Night of the Living Dead. Enjoyed that.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Apr-2008, 11:27 AM
So those of you whom did go, what kind of swag did you come home with...

I got myself

2 Diary posters, both signed by George. One is going on eBay this weekend.
1 Day of the Dead Blu-Ray Signed by Joe Pilato
Some Knicks knacks... Like a Foree Electronics Name Tag with Shaun on it.
Security Badges for the Umbrella Corp, and Badges made up to resemble Military badges from Day of the Dead.
A pic with HK Zombie, Heli-Zombie and Machete Zombie
Pic with Tony Todd
Pic with Cerina Vincent (Man she is smoking hot)
I atteneded the Women's Studies Q&A Panel. The movie stars Judy O'Dea
Caught a screening of All Hallow's Eve