PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Situation

MonkeyFarm
24-Apr-2006, 01:02 PM
What would be the best weapons you could make from the home if you were in a zombie infested world?

Cykotic
24-Apr-2006, 01:21 PM
In my home, Explosives. Areosol Rockets, Petrol-Bombs (or Molotov Cocktails... whatever you want to call them), all kinds of boom-boom goodness!

TexasZombie
24-Apr-2006, 01:35 PM
What would be the best weapons you could make from the home if you were in a zombie infested world?

Make? As in "not already made and loaded"?

Hmmmm... I've got several hundred pounds of high carbon spring steel, a couple of grinding wheels, an anvil, forge, etc. I could arm a Viking raiding party.

TZ

EvilNed
24-Apr-2006, 01:47 PM
Well I got a bunch of firewood. And a shovel. I guess, that if I didn't find my already existing collection of bats (I have one small one, a big one and one of those japanese training swords of wood) I could always make another one.

Other than that, in our garage we have an extensive record collection, which can be turned into a lethal zombie slaughter arsenal!

Deadman_Deluxe
24-Apr-2006, 02:01 PM
Something heavy and solid ... attached to a length of cord ... which is then dropped (and retrieved) repeatedly from a first floor window onto delicate skull tops hanging around outside/beneath the window/front door/whatever.

I have a couple of heavy lead weights hanging around in the back yard, not sure where they came from or what they are for but one of those would be ideal. It's a seven inch diameter circle and about three inches thick with a hole through the middle, made from solid lead ... i reckon one direct hit on the top of the head with that from a few metres above would pretty much pulverise ANY skull.

Alternatively most households have a set of dumbells ... so you could just opt for one of those (3 - 5 Kilo) with a length of para cord ... kinda like fishing, but with a REALLY heavy worm :D

So yeah, two things every functioning home should have ... dumbell/s and para cord.

Tullaryx
24-Apr-2006, 02:15 PM
Probably use the big and heavy-duty wrench in my garage. I also have a machete that dad brought back from his tour as a civilian contractor in Vietnam during the late 60's. I also have quite a large stock of alcohol. :)

Adrenochrome
24-Apr-2006, 03:11 PM
machete, baseball bat, moltov cocktails.

I also have quite a large stock of alcohol. :)
I'll meet you at your place. I'll bring the machete, baseball bat and moltov cocktails; we can mix drinks and slaughter some dead f*ckers!

mista_mo
24-Apr-2006, 04:12 PM
I dunno..I imagine you can empty out a drawer and tie some cord around it to use as a dropping weapon. If you had the proper tools, I imagine that you could take down a street sign, and use the pipe as a weapon (if you shorten if down, it would be much easier to use) you could also take off the stop sign itsleg and kinda use that as a buckler (small sheild attached to your arm) so you can use it as a bashing weapon you don't need to equip or dequip.

Tullaryx
24-Apr-2006, 04:24 PM
machete, baseball bat, moltov cocktails.

I'll meet you at your place. I'll bring the machete, baseball bat and moltov cocktails; we can mix drinks and slaughter some dead f*ckers!

I really do need to buy cases of cheap booze to use for molotov cocktails. Be a shame to waste 18 to 30 year-old single-malt scotch whiskies and brandies on zombies.

Adrenochrome
24-Apr-2006, 04:27 PM
Be a shame to waste 18 to 30 year-old single-malt scotch whiskies and brandies on zombies.
Jeasus, Mary and Joseph!

Tullaryx
24-Apr-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm sure McDermott would have a heart-attack if he saw us wasting such fine booze.

thecoldwarrior
24-Apr-2006, 06:38 PM
Got some old fashioned 2-man saws on the walls as decor and enough antlers to make a nice wall of spikes. I like the idea of some sort of grinder, cutter, slicer that can be man powered in case you dont have gas or electricity. Although snares trap and deadfalls would work, you have to reset them all. So some sort of recycling device would be best. Think of the slaughtering process Im sure that would yeild some rather nice way to catch, sever, dispose of them. As far as something to make.... I could take an interior door with a window in it , add some lawnmower wheels to it for a sort of swat shield. How bout a skeet shooter with saw blades. You would need to practice and also have retrive the blades. I think a defended position with a deck for the use of polearms would be the easyiest, chepest, most efective way, but not the funnest ;)

Tri0xin
24-Apr-2006, 11:58 PM
But don't let the Dept. of Homeland Security know that!

glsjaw
25-Apr-2006, 12:42 AM
gotta be an old sugar can machete, and in case your trapped indoors for a while and need some excitement a good old fashioned meat tenderizer, up close and personal

MapMan
25-Apr-2006, 01:53 AM
I am ex-military and I reload my own shells so this was kinda hard.

Then I thought about the Sears Craftsman Chain saw, the only bad thing is that their chains really suck so I could carve for about 5 minutes and then have to sharpen the blade again. The axe and sledge hammer would then be put into action.

LoneCrusader
25-Apr-2006, 02:21 PM
Well, I have three rifles in my closet, but I don't know where the ammunition to that is, and one's an antique WWI rifle, so I know I don't have ammo to that...Hmmm..Maybe a hammer, or the bar to my weight set, maybe a kitchen knife, baseball bat, antique Civil War shortsword, maybe homemade bomb from rockets, alcohol with fire, an axe, a garden hoe, a water hose (cut short for better control), cloth iron, broken spring from door, nail gun, wooden stake from door, and that's about all I can muster from my house. But I don't think I have a nail gun, the water hose, garden hoe, axe are all outside, so the baseball bat would be the most effective weapon I can get from inside my house.

Danny
25-Apr-2006, 02:35 PM
car + petrol, nuff said, functional and deadly!

MaximusIncredulous
25-Apr-2006, 08:31 PM
A long dagger. Go for the eyes and run for it. Everything else outside of a gun will just wear you out and turn you into chow.

Guido
25-Apr-2006, 08:56 PM
probably the axe from in my garage or some blunt heavy object around the house like firewood, or those tools for the fireplace. i also have a few replica swords i bought online a couple years back, i'm sure they'd have no problem slashing through decrepid zombie neck.

Danny
25-Apr-2006, 11:23 PM
y'know on second thought i recently bought a decroative sword off ebay, that'd last longer than a car.

EvilNed
27-Apr-2006, 05:21 PM
y'know on second thought i recently bought a decroative sword off ebay, that'd last longer than a car.

Decorative swords will last five minutes.

Real swords wouldn't even last much longer in a situation where you had to constantly use it.

Tullaryx
27-Apr-2006, 05:25 PM
Decorative swords will last five minutes.

Real swords wouldn't even last much longer in a situation where you had to constantly use it.

That's why machetes sold in stores should be best. Machetes and handaxes from hardware and sporting goods stores are best since they would be made from tempered steel and usually have durable handles made from space-age plastic. Just buy yourself a good supply of oilstones to keep the blades sharp and yer set.

EvilNed
27-Apr-2006, 06:01 PM
Yepp, good point. Machetes are the next best thing, if you can't find yourself a hefty supply of falcatas. :)

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 09:19 AM
one word.

catapult.:lol:

DeadJake
29-Apr-2006, 11:27 AM
hedge clippers

Danny
29-Apr-2006, 11:54 AM
hmmm..... some homemade cross between a mace and a shaver,lol.

LoneCrusader
29-Apr-2006, 10:32 PM
i liked my idea of the aluminum baseball bat...imagine what it could do swinging it at full force to zombie skull. light, durable, and lethal. definately my second choice to rifle if i had ammo.

zombieparanoia
30-Apr-2006, 05:20 AM
I have an ice axe, its got sharp hardened tips for piercing an end that can be used to hook things and its handy as a hiking tool too.

HLS
01-May-2006, 03:41 AM
I have a big nasty knife :p

Wooley
01-May-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm a gun owner. I don't have mountains of ammo or huge stacks of spare magazines for them though, but I'm sure I've got more ammo and spare mags than many of my fellow gun owners have though.
I'd probably stick to whipping molotov cocktails in to the hordes so I could save my ammo.

EvilNed
01-May-2006, 11:30 AM
i liked my idea of the aluminum baseball bat...imagine what it could do swinging it at full force to zombie skull. light, durable, and lethal. definately my second choice to rifle if i had ammo.

I don't think an aliminium bat would be that durable, I've seen many bend from just a bit of overuse.

Tullaryx
01-May-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't think an aliminium bat would be that durable, I've seen many bend from just a bit of overuse.

An aluminum bat would only hold up for a day or so of headbashing. Now a steel fungo bat would last longer, o rbetter yet a sturdy lead pipe with a leather hide wrap for grip.

Danny
01-May-2006, 06:16 PM
is evilned and tullaryx starting to scare anyone else?:lol:

oh 500th post W00T!

Tullaryx
01-May-2006, 07:58 PM
is evilned and tullaryx starting to scare anyone else?:lol:

oh 500th post W00T!

Hey, I like to be prepared. :D

Just to show you how prepared. I have 20 cases of surplus MRE's that still has quite abit of shelf life left to them. Also have a nice supply of water purifying tablets, flares, first aid kits, etc... but better yet got a dozen of those lamps that work on either batteries or a handcrank to power it up. :)

EvilNed
01-May-2006, 08:12 PM
My garage doubles as a nuclear bunker. No, I'm not kidding, it's left over from the "good old days". Needless to say, I've got plenty of food and stuff in there.

Altough I think the fact that I have lots of stuff in there is because it's perfect for storage, rather than me believing the dead will ever walk again... Infact, I think the nuclear scenario is much more likely.

Tullaryx
01-May-2006, 08:28 PM
My garage doubles as a nuclear bunker. No, I'm not kidding, it's left over from the "good old days". Needless to say, I've got plenty of food and stuff in there.

Altough I think the fact that I have lots of stuff in there is because it's perfect for storage, rather than me believing the dead will ever walk again... Infact, I think the nuclear scenario is much more likely.

For me and my family it's more in case my area gets hit with the Big One (massive earthquake) that we're predicted to be due within the next 20-30 years.

Whistler
02-May-2006, 10:39 AM
I would do very well with my small assortment of firearms if at home, and a wide selection of handguns and couple of pallets worth of ammuntion if at work. So other than that probably a bat and a pair of running shoes.

Deadman_Deluxe
02-May-2006, 10:45 AM
Man ... all you eager beaver melee guys with your baseball bat's/machete's/lead pipe's/sword's from eBay ... are SO toast!!! :lol:

p2501
02-May-2006, 02:34 PM
guns.
then fire
then IEds

but since this seems to be moreso about improvised non-combustable weaponry.

i have 3.5 feet of Steel rebar, with a grip taped handle, that'll do.

also there's that kukri that's floating around somewhere.....

Man ... all you eager beaver melee guys with your baseball bat's/machete's/lead pipe's/sword's from eBay ... are SO toast!!! :lol:

pretty much.

but i got the genral feeling this thread was more so about improvised weaponry, in a non exposive capacity. otherwise, we'd just be listing our guns and calling it a day.

EvilNed
02-May-2006, 03:51 PM

Better than nothing, Ben!

ipotts85
03-May-2006, 11:10 PM
lead pipe

hells yeah!

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 12:38 AM
The idea of detonating a 55 gallon drum full of thickened gasoline wrapped with barbed wire in the middle of a reanimate horde, like the horde in the parking lot of the Dawn remake, dude that's one of those moments that'll pucker your butthole and make your dick hard.:elol:

Dude..........yeah! :D I got a few puckers just visualizing that.

imamazed
04-May-2006, 02:34 PM
seeing as the living dead can be killed with one head shot, I believe the ultimate (if i only had one) would be a handgun. A steady aim is all you would need. If you had an AK or similay you'de be too tempted to waste bullets.

p2501
04-May-2006, 03:16 PM
agreed. imeant that more so as a progression.
ammo til it runs out.
then fire
then bombs.

as for the 55 gallon drum. son, you had me at "thickened gasoline".

****in A.

just ****ing A

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 03:19 PM
as for the 55 gallon drum. son, you had me at "thickened gasoline".

Man, I spewed - that was a good one - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: