PDA

View Full Version : "Day of the Dead 2" Where did that come from?

Pro Assasin
24-Apr-2006, 11:35 PM
While walking around my local dvd store i noticed a dvd with Day of the dead 2 written on the side. Where did this film come from. Does George A Romero not own the rights to any of his films. Im sure he cant be happy that people are not only ripping of his ideas (not that he invented the zombie) but also wripping of the titles to his films. Has anyone seen this film? Please tell me it is the pile of crap i imagine it to be.

Tri0xin
24-Apr-2006, 11:53 PM
Another stinker put out by Taurus.

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2006, 08:54 AM
It's called no talent wankers stealing the ideas and well-earned cult success of someone else's superior work to 'sell' their own sack of steaming crap. The makers of that sh*tfest are also further plagiarising Romero's work with a sequel ... and *sigh* a remake ... of Creepshow.

It's sickening how no-talent hacks get to make films and perfectly talented individuals (such as those on this forum) have to struggle to get anywhere.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Apr-2006, 11:01 AM
Don't forget...

Taurus is behind the Day of the Dead remake too.

Adrenochrome
25-Apr-2006, 01:28 PM
WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
It threw me into a state of confusion (moreso than I already am/was) for months!

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2006, 04:38 PM
Oh geez, I knew I'd purged something from my memory banks ... Day of the Remake ... *vomits till death*.

Creepshow
25-Apr-2006, 05:30 PM
Day of the Dumbasses 2: ****agium is the worst film of all-time. Avoid.

An insult to Romero.

Deadman_Deluxe
25-Apr-2006, 06:27 PM
Im sure he cant be happy that people are not only ripping of his ideas (not that he invented the zombie) but also wripping of the titles to his films.

I presume that you are referring to the "zombie flesheater", as opposed to the traditional living "zombie", i am therefore happy to confirm for you that this actually is George's own invention ;)

Contagium is worse than you would ever want to see, don't buy it, don't rent it, JUST out of principle (The less cash they see then the less chance they have of ever doing this again) but if you ever get a chance to download/loan it ... probably worth a look just out of curiosity.

Then you can join us here and rag on it :lol:

tju1973
25-Apr-2006, 07:34 PM
So to say I spent like $15 on it-- goes without saying, sucks. It is "nominally" related to Day-- nominally in that they both contain dead things--- Day--dead people, Day2-- dead plot..

Stay away...

NVK
25-Apr-2006, 11:30 PM
The DOTD remake could be good. Steve Miner is directing it.

theERADICATOR
26-Apr-2006, 07:57 AM
so, i felt compelled as many of you did that you had to at least watch DOTD 2 because we just needed to see it. i had to watch all 4 romero films like 3 times each to get the horridness out of my brain. i was infected by DOTD2!!!!!! BELIVE US! :mad: :mad:

Deadman_Deluxe
26-Apr-2006, 09:02 AM

Give me a break :lol:

DeadCentral
26-Apr-2006, 09:44 AM

Yeah and the Amityville remake was.... ah....scary.. uhm, yeah scary...that's the ticket....

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2006, 11:34 AM
Steve Miner was good in his day... but unless somethings changed then Day2007 will be crap.

The only way i can see this film being remade is if it was a direct sequel to the DAWN remake and Zack Snyder was helming it. Other than that I really have no faith in anyone elses effort.

Deadman_Deluxe
26-Apr-2006, 11:41 AM
The only way i can see this film being remade is if it was a direct sequel to the DAWN remake and Zack Snyder was helming it. Other than that I really have no faith in anyone elses effort.

Yeah, i can just picture Bub in a pair of go faster nikey's, leg's going ten to the dozen sprinting through the cave after a bucket of beef treats attached to a remote control skateboard :D

I wonder what he would have on his walkman this time around ... Slipknot/Trend Metal?

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah, i can just picture Bub in a pair of go faster nikey's, leg's going ten to the dozen sprinting through the cave after a bucket of beef treats attached to a remote control skateboard :D

I wonder what he would have on his walkman this time around ... Slipknot/Trend Metal?

LOL...

Actually, I would not remake DAY as it is. I would think it needs a re-imagining, like they did with DAWN. However, if Universal did DAY 2007 and Zack helmed it, which he won't. I would like to see two of the boat survivors... preferably Ana and Kenneth, heading back towards the mainland. Maybe reaching a dock and finding another person hiding on a boat. This person is someone who was a part of a military fraction who broke away because its leader is some whacked out of his mind asswipe (Capt. Rhodes).

He tells them they should fear him more than the zombies, and eventually they run into him. Basically let it go from there.

Deadman_Deluxe
26-Apr-2006, 11:59 AM
Actually, I would not remake DAY as it is. I would think it needs a re-imagining, like they did with DAWN.

I would like GAR to remake it actually ... and go back to the original script/screenplay we all know and love.

If anyone else other than GAR is planning on re envisioning/remaking DAY, then they should learn from the mistakes of the DAWN remake ... and FIND A NEW TITLE NAME for the movie!!!!

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2006, 12:07 PM
I still think those of you whom hate the DAWN remake look at it the wrong way. To me it is just another chapter of DAWN of the DEAD.

EvilNed
26-Apr-2006, 02:43 PM
I think Steve Miner will pull off an excellent horror flick. But I don't expect much substance. I kind of like all of Steve Miners films, actually, from a horror point of view.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2006, 04:26 PM
I think Steve Miner will pull off an excellent horror flick. But I don't expect much substance. I kind of like all of Steve Miners films, actually, from a horror point of view.

Even Lake Placid?

EvilNed
26-Apr-2006, 07:17 PM
No, not Lake Placid. But I didn't really see that as a horror film anyway.

Deadman_Deluxe
26-Apr-2006, 10:28 PM
I still think those of you whom hate the DAWN remake look at it the wrong way. To me it is just another chapter of DAWN of the DEAD.

Well i don't think i ever said that i hated it ... in fact i am pretty sure that i said i liked it ;)

What i did NOT like was the fact that they took the original title name in a blatant attempt at "cashing in on a surefire thing" when infact it was it's own independant movie which was strong enough to stand on it's own two feet and thus fully deserved it's own unique title.

That and those stupid running corpses, which i personally never bought into for one single second.

NVK
26-Apr-2006, 11:39 PM
Steve Miner directed good movies! House, Friday The 13th 2 and 3. ( I suppose) Im not one of those guys that likes those ****ty MTV style movies.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Apr-2006, 12:30 AM
What i did NOT like was the fact that they took the original title name in a blatant attempt at "cashing in on a surefire thing" when infact it was it's own independant movie which was strong enough to stand on it's own two feet and thus fully deserved it's own unique title.

Well i don't really look at it as Blatant attempt. Quite simply most people aside from movie buffs and us zombie fans even know the original DAWN of the DEAD. I mean you were in theaters when DAWN 04 came out... mostly kids, lotsa kids MTV generation. They probably thought it was the first one, which I know is a bad thing.

However, the movies are so different you just have to look at it as another chapter in a book called DAWN of the DEAD. As a Romero fan thats how I see it, why can't everyone else?

panic
27-Apr-2006, 09:54 AM
If Land is any indication, I don't want GAR anywhere near a Day remake. As for Snyder, he has already to indicated on multiple occasions that any sequel to Dawn '04 that he's involved with will NOT be a retread/remake of Day but rather a continutation set in the same universe as Dawn '04 (albeit likely with different charcters in a differnet locale).

I would like GAR to remake it actually ... and go back to the original script/screenplay we all know and love.

If anyone else other than GAR is planning on re envisioning/remaking DAY, then they should learn from the mistakes of the DAWN remake ... and FIND A NEW TITLE NAME for the movie!!!!

Deadman_Deluxe
27-Apr-2006, 10:36 AM
If Land is any indication, I don't want GAR anywhere near a Day remake. As for Snyder, he has already to indicated on multiple occasions that any sequel to Dawn '04 that he's involved with will NOT be a retread/remake of Day but rather a continutation set in the same universe as Dawn '04 (albeit likely with different charcters in a differnet locale).

Which brings up the embarrasing question of whether or not to release a movie called DAWN OF THE DEAD 2 :lol:

Way to confuse people!

panic
28-Apr-2006, 05:36 AM
That is SO true.

Which brings up the embarrasing question of whether or not to release a movie called DAWN OF THE DEAD 2 :lol:

Way to confuse people!

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 09:20 AM

and contagium.....

...and night 3-d.....

and...... zombie 2....

and you get the idea.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Apr-2006, 11:52 AM

Way to confuse people!

I don't really see it as embarrassing. DAWN of the DEAD 2... big deal! Although a good name for a DAWN sequel would have been LAND, but Romero already did that.

However, any sequel made to the DAWN remake... If characters are brought back they need to bring only Sarah Polley and Ving Rhames. I would hope they not bring back that annoying kid and girl.

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2006, 11:53 AM
Good thing "Zombi 2" was also known as "Zombie Flesh Eaters". When I got the 25th Anniversary DVD a year or so ago I found out I really liked it after it had gone down in my estimations after I'd first seen it. But Night3D and Contagium can suck my phat beanbag.