PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

dannoofthedead
02-Apr-2008, 09:13 AM
So, where do your ideas come from? Has anyone ever given it much thought? Here lately, stuck in the middle of the worst writer's block in my relatively short writing career, I'm beating myself up over this. When writing is good (and inspiration is abundant) its like a living entity. It breathes, it moves, it sees and speaks to you and through you like some possessing demon. The muse. But when its gone it hits hard and it hurts bad. Its like a close friend or a part of you has actually died.

So tell me, my fellow writers how to revive it again?

rightwing401
07-Apr-2008, 11:44 PM
That's a real tough one for me to answer. Almost all of my ideas just pop into my head at random. But I'll try to do what I can to help.
First, you need to think about what it is that you want to write. I find the best way to get myself writing again is to look at places around me and picture how they would relate to a story. Sometimes when I'm stumped, I'll just take a character creation sheet (like from D&D) and start making a person up. Usually by the time I get to the character background, I know exactly what kind of story to put the person in. When all else fails me, I just pop up a blank sheet of paper or word perfect file and start writing. Sooner or later, I either find a descent plot to go with, or I'm ready to start writing.
Let me say that I can definately understand your delema. I've been there a few times myself. Writing really can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. I wish you best of luck and I hope my suggestions help.

Suicycho
08-Apr-2008, 01:53 AM
I'll give you a great Idea for inspiration.

Turn on the television and find any dramatic show. Listen (do not watch) for about thirty seconds. Use the snippet of conversation you heard as a situation to be fleshed out and explored.

Skippy911sc
08-Apr-2008, 01:38 PM
Alcohol and drugs!

:hyper: