PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Zombies

Tullaryx
25-Apr-2006, 03:37 PM
Anyone else been following this mini-series from Kirkman?

Phildogger
25-Apr-2006, 04:31 PM
Yes, It has been very good, just wrapped up nicely. The first printing of issue 1 is worth some moola.

slickwilly13
25-Apr-2006, 04:32 PM
I have. Entertaining mini series. I'm currently collecting all the varients. The way the series ended I believe they will continue it or have a tie-in of some sort.

Danny
25-Apr-2006, 04:48 PM
i havent seen the last issue yet, but it is damn good i gota give it that, and the only varient i got was the spiderman issue 1 purely because its awesome.
and considering it now, thats one of the few comics using his old outfit, till marvel gets rid of this one then brings it back to boost readers like the whole alien costume thing.

Tullaryx
25-Apr-2006, 05:01 PM
The final panel in the last issue was classic. Now with Ultimate FF about to release a new issue starring the zombie FF team, I can see the Marvel Zombies maybe finding a way to cross over, or at least zombie Reed Richards finding a way to open up the dimensions between the two universes.

Danny
25-Apr-2006, 11:24 PM
avengers vs zombie avengers, now that'd be a comic film tie in id like ta see!

Combat Zombie
26-Apr-2006, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't expect it to be much, so now I'll have to wait for the trade...now I feel all ****ty inside...:clown:

DeadJonas190
26-Apr-2006, 05:48 AM
I have been follwing it and love it. I hope they keep it open to sequels, especially with the way it ended. As for your UFF comment, Zombie Reed has already said he has a way out of the chamber and he is just biding his time.

Tullaryx
26-Apr-2006, 02:27 PM
I have been follwing it and love it. I hope they keep it open to sequels, especially with the way it ended. As for your UFF comment, Zombie Reed has already said he has a way out of the chamber and he is just biding his time.

The cover I saw has the zombie FF around Doctor Doom as if joining up with them.

Also for those who have enjoyed Arthur Suydam's oil painting covers for the Marvel Zombies mini-series should take a gander at a one-of-a-kind piece he did for a show that was later auctioned off.

Batman Undead
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/703/703194/batman-zombie-art-fetches-record-price-20060425000836351.jpg

Moon Knight
26-Apr-2006, 10:18 PM
I had low hopes for this series when it was originally announced, but that Kirkman, what a genius. I still believe the series was one issue too long and the humor whore off after the first couple issues, but overall it was a good read.

btw, awesome pic of The Dark Knight! Arthur Suydam is an incredible talent.

Tullaryx
26-Apr-2006, 10:23 PM
You have to admit that the ending was very appropriate. One thing that made me think as I re-read the whole series... Did the Marvel Zombies ever find where En Sabah Nur (Apocalypse) slept. The way the timeline of this Marvel Universe went it would've been before Apocalypse woke up to start challenging the X-Men and the Marvel heroes. I wonder if Apocalypse would've withstood the attacks from the collective Marvel Zombies.

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 09:42 AM
sweet batman pic, anyone ever read the frankenstein batman trade?

Zombie-A-GoGo
28-Apr-2006, 10:47 AM
If you're collecting, here's some news...it's sold out and is going back to press with a new variant cover:

http://zombie-a-gogo.blogspot.com/2006/04/marvel-zombies-sells-out.html

Suydam does a tribute to Silver Surfer...it's pretty cool.

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 11:07 AM
god damn i hate being in england i never get a chance to get first prints.:mad:

slickwilly13
28-Apr-2006, 01:28 PM
You can still find the back issues and variants. They're all over e-bay.Have yall seen the new variant of issue 1# with the Hulk?

zombieparanoia
28-Apr-2006, 06:03 PM
Anyone looking to download some of them (not sure if its the full set or not)

here ya go, just right click save as...

http://tinyurl.com/e8tgf

Although I have to say that after reading this series I'd like to read the lead up to it, I've always liked "the fall" story parts and with this twist it would be awesome.

Although i don't get how they infected the heroes that are "invulnerable" like rogue etc.

Tullaryx
28-Apr-2006, 08:26 PM
Although I have to say that after reading this series I'd like to read the lead up to it, I've always liked "the fall" story parts and with this twist it would be awesome.

Although i don't get how they infected the heroes that are "invulnerable" like rogue etc.

The trade paperback of the lead-up to Marvel Zombies is now out. Ultimate Fantastic Four Volume 5.

Bunker65
01-May-2006, 04:37 AM
I just won auctions on eBay for UFF #'s 21-23 & Marvel Zombies 1-5. I'm really looking forward to getting them later in the week :).

Danny
01-May-2006, 06:20 PM
damn i cant find those ultimate ff anywhere:mad:

Bunker65
01-May-2006, 06:46 PM

I just did a search on eBay & you can get them there. The only problem I saw was that there were only a couple of sellers in the UK offering the books. There were a good amount of sellers from the US & Canada. Problem with that is that they usually kill you with shipping charges :(.

If I see any other UK sellers with the UFF books up for auction I'll PM you with the links.

Tullaryx
01-May-2006, 07:55 PM

If I was you, just go to Amazon.co.uk and search for Ultimate Fantastic Four Volume 5. They take the three-issues with the Zombie universe and package it with the intro of Namor. It'll probably be cheaper. The individual issues of UFF #21-23 with the zombies are going at premium prices on EBay.

Here's a link for you.

Ultimate Fantastic Four Volume #5 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0785118020/qid=1146513379/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-2080595-4944415)

Hawkboy
04-May-2006, 08:35 PM
I read the Marvel Zombies and was just kind of "Ho-Hum". It didn't really do much for me... however I am all about the Infinite Crisis right now going on in DC so maybe that took away from Marvel Zombies a bit.

Tullaryx
04-May-2006, 08:39 PM
I read the Marvel Zombies and was just kind of "Ho-Hum". It didn't really do much for me... however I am all about the Infinite Crisis right now going on in DC so maybe that took away from Marvel Zombies a bit.

I would've gotten more into Infinity Crisis more but it just seemed like things are being set-up for another Crisis event a few years from now. DC editors and writers need to figure out how to at least keep their many characters' continuity on the same level. Outside of Batman, DC really doesn't attract my attention much outside of its Vertigo line.

Hawkboy
04-May-2006, 08:50 PM
I LOVED Infinite Crisis and thought that DC has done a great job of keeping the continuity on the same level. However that being said I'm not one for strict continuity and if it gets in the way of a good story throw out the STRICT continuity and just tell the good story.

Tullaryx
04-May-2006, 09:54 PM
I LOVED Infinite Crisis and thought that DC has done a great job of keeping the continuity on the same level. However that being said I'm not one for strict continuity and if it gets in the way of a good story throw out the STRICT continuity and just tell the good story.

Strict continuity and a good story are not mutually exclusive. Even past DC editors have admitted that writers and book editors just got lazy about using the universe continuity to create great stories. One great example of actually sticking to the universe continuity and still creating a great storyline was the destruction of Coast City (Hal Jordan GL's home city) and all its inhabitants after the Death of Superman. This act changed Hal Jordan forever and created so many different storylines down the line.

Danny
04-May-2006, 11:19 PM
dont follow dc much but isnt there a wonder woman story arc with zombies soon?, oh and since when is she blind?

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 02:47 PM
dont follow dc much but isnt there a wonder woman story arc with zombies soon?, oh and since when is she blind?

I heard she was blind. Time to go to the place that has all the answers, even comic book ones: wikipedia. :)

Danny
05-May-2006, 02:59 PM
i bet wikipedia can tell you how to turn lead into gold:D

Hawkboy
05-May-2006, 03:08 PM
oh and since when is she blind?

She's not. But her new series starts next month!

http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/5471_400x600.jpg

Danny
05-May-2006, 03:46 PM
nooo.. ive definatly seen things like on allthings zombies.com were her eyes are covered with a bandage like the woman holding the scales outside u.s courtrooms and it said "how will she cope with her blindness."

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 03:50 PM
nooo.. ive definatly seen things like on allthings zombies.com were her eyes are covered with a bandage like the woman holding the scales outside u.s courtrooms and it said "how will she cope with her blindness."

What you saw may be future issues. ATZ usually puts up issues way down the road. Anyone who has collected comic books knows a brief synopsis of what to expect 3-4 months down the road. :)

Hawkboy
05-May-2006, 04:56 PM
Sorry guys she isn't blind. However she was blind for some issues about a year ago .... that's all.

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 05:18 PM
Sorry guys she isn't blind. However she was blind for some issues about a year ago .... that's all.

Well, at least she was blind at some point. :lol:

As for Marvel Zombies... from what I hear they shall be making an appearance once again in Ultimate FF. I'm assuming it'll probably the Frightful Four (Marvel Zombies Fantastic Four) and here's to hoping the Marvel Zombies Galactus also crosses over.

Danny
05-May-2006, 05:32 PM
ah galactus the only bad guy whos brave enough to wear pink.

....because hes the size of unicron:)

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 06:04 PM

Have you read the last issue? :)

Danny
05-May-2006, 06:07 PM
what?, of marvel zombies?, no no cash lately so i spent all my moolah on that zombies!!! board game, well worth it.

actually i buy something about zombies at least every month and a half, i wonder if thats a textbook addiction, could be worse i could be an emo:lol:

Rottedfreak
05-May-2006, 07:05 PM

Even smaller then that Galactus is roughly the size of a gesalt and they are puny in comparison to Unicron.

Danny
06-May-2006, 02:16 AM
i know i just wanted to see if someone else knew who unicron was:D

Moon Knight
06-May-2006, 09:51 PM
Yes, the Frightful Four are making a return along with Dr Doom in the Ultimate Fantastic Four.

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/705/705016/ultimate-fantastic-four-20060504012950746.jpg

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/705/705016/ultimate-fantastic-four-20060504013002574.jpg

Mark Millar and Greg Land will be missed after this run.

Danny
07-May-2006, 12:06 AM
so how the hell did the thing become a zombie.

Tullaryx
08-May-2006, 04:33 PM
so how the hell did the thing become a zombie.

Probably bit and infected by Sentry. The individual who arrived in the Marvel Zombies universe and quickly infected all the superheroes. Sentry seems to be Marvel's way of saying it might've been a zombified Superman punching his way from dimension to dimension in search of food.

cinezombi
09-May-2006, 09:58 AM
I Have the set of marvel zombies ( second edition) if anyone is interested.

dikdik
25-Aug-2006, 07:18 AM
Why was Captain America called Colonel America? Was this just an alternate dimension thing? If so why didn't anyone else have a different name?

Tullaryx
25-Aug-2006, 03:42 PM
Why was Captain America called Colonel America? Was this just an alternate dimension thing? If so why didn't anyone else have a different name?

It's an alternate universe. I'm assuming Steve Rogers got promoted somewhere down the line so ended up as a Colonel America instead of Captain.

radiokill
25-Aug-2006, 03:57 PM
i hate all of you guys. my comic shop closed down 3 years ago and couriers always find a way to damage my books. I haven't read any comics since then.:mad: :)

Tullaryx
25-Aug-2006, 04:29 PM
i hate all of you guys. my comic shop closed down 3 years ago and couriers always find a way to damage my books. I haven't read any comics since then.:mad: :)

Order the book through Amazon.com once the trade paperback is released.

radiokill
25-Aug-2006, 04:33 PM
Order the book through Amazon.com once the trade paperback is released.

i think i'll have to do that:)

Tullaryx
25-Aug-2006, 04:38 PM
i think i'll have to do that:)

One good thing the trade paperback may do that'll save you alot of cash in the longrun: include all the alternate covers.

radiokill
25-Aug-2006, 10:52 PM
One good thing the trade paperback may do that'll save you alot of cash in the longrun: include all the alternate covers.

yeah, that's a plus! I wish could have heard about the series beforehand...Marvel Comics and zombies are two of my favorite things!:)

dikdik
28-Aug-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks that's what I figured. Now I'm just waiting for the Ultimate FF trade that has the beginning of the story.

Rottedfreak
28-Aug-2006, 07:11 PM
If you don't approve of the packages condition - shoot the courier.
(warning: do not put that into practice, some couriers are psyhcopaths who are crack shots with firearms on their persons)

Marvel zombies has one flaw - eating Galactus, he doesn't actually have any flesh but since this is a alternate universe it's forgivable.

Danny
28-Aug-2006, 08:19 PM

its an alternate dimension so hes called that instwead of captain america, but im pretty sure hes still steve rogers....i think.

i remember reading that universe split off from the origional because when captain america was offered but declined the position of president of the states, this universe was made by the opposite choice of colonel america becoming the president.

god bless wikipedia.:lol:

slickwilly13
08-Mar-2007, 06:23 AM
Click on this link. Its a surprise. :thumbsup:

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?book_id=6093

MontagMOI
08-Mar-2007, 02:11 PM
As well as Marvel Zombies vs Army Of Darkness issues 1-5 (Issues 1 came out yesterday in the US and today in the UK) there is also the Marvel Zombies: Dead Days (Out in April) one-shot which explains how the zombies took over. Then if you are still hungry for Marvel Zombies, check out Black Panther issues 28-31 (No 28 is out in April). Also check out Army Of Darkness issue 13 as it leads into Marvel Zombies vs Army Of Darkness.

Danny
08-Mar-2007, 02:46 PM
whilst i gotta get me all of those, id like to see them after they became "the galactus", possibly breaking into another dimension, like ultimate powers conclusion or something.

slickwilly13
08-Mar-2007, 04:27 PM
As well as Marvel Zombies vs Army Of Darkness issues 1-5 (Issues 1 came out yesterday in the US and today in the UK) there is also the Marvel Zombies: Dead Days (Out in April) one-shot which explains how the zombies took over. Then if you are still hungry for Marvel Zombies, check out Black Panther issues 28-31 (No 28 is out in April). Also check out Army Of Darkness issue 13 as it leads into Marvel Zombies vs Army Of Darkness.

Thanks for the heads up.