PDA

View Full Version : Any heavy metal maniacs here?

MikePizzoff
25-Apr-2006, 10:41 PM
Any hessians, ragers, thrashers, bangers, wastoids, etc. on this board? I know a couple of you are into metal... but not too sure about everyone.

If so, list your 5 favorite bands... or even the 5 you've been listening to the most of lately.

Just curious.

I'll start!

[currently spinning]
1 - DEATH (always!!!)
2 - Unleashed
3 - Hypnosia
4 - Entombed
5 - Kreator
6 - Ted Nugent (for good measure)

[favorites]
1 - DEATH
2 - Judas Priest
3 - Sepultura
4 - Angel Witch
5 - Iron Maiden

The list could go on, but I don't want to get rediculous.

TexasZombie
26-Apr-2006, 12:56 AM
Favorites (in no particular order):

Rammstein
Blue Oyster Cult
Rob Zombie
Fear Factory

TZ

idsaluteyoubub
26-Apr-2006, 02:12 AM
No order:

Slayer
Pantera
Metallica
Black Label Society
Tool (do they count?)

I have always thought that metal is very hit and miss at least in my personal taste...I either really love a band or utterly hate a band...theres never an in between...

Mikey
26-Apr-2006, 02:59 AM
1. Queen
2. Golden Earring
3. Styx
4. Sheryl Crow (and she's hot)
5. Shania Twain (superhot)

MikePizzoff
26-Apr-2006, 03:39 AM
1. Queen
2. Golden Earring
3. Styx
4. Sheryl Crow (and she's hot)
5. Shania Twain (superhot)

I said metal, bro.

VegoTheUnholy
26-Apr-2006, 03:44 AM
I said metal, bro.

YO DAMN!

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok, who the f*ck is Vego the Unholy, and what is up with his simple 2-4 letter word all cap replies.

Anyway,

my faves

1. BLS
2. Pantera
3. Anthrax
4. Ozzy
5. Rob Zombie

a1150
26-Apr-2006, 11:57 AM
Obituary
Godflesh
Temple of the Dog
Pestilence
Deicide

Deadman_Deluxe
26-Apr-2006, 12:11 PM
I toured with most of those bands ... with the obvious exception of shania fcuking twain and sheryl fcuking crow :D

Last few days in no particular order:

MISFITS
ONLY LIVING WITNESS
FANTOMAS
DEFTONES
ACID BATH
+
THE OBSESSED
RAGING SPEEDHORN
DARKTHRONE
KYUSS
IRON MONKEY

Interspersed with bouts of "real" hip hop, electro, movie soundtracks and my own music.

MikePizzoff
26-Apr-2006, 12:14 PM
Deadman, what band were you in?? You told me like a year and a half ago but my memory is horrid and I can't remember no matter how hard I try.

All_Else_Failed
26-Apr-2006, 12:17 PM
Favourites;

1 - Machine Head
2 - White Zombie
3 - Godflesh
4 - Zao
5 - The Deftones
6 - Slipknot (For good measure).

I left The Misfits off the list. Huge Misfits fan; but Punk.

Listening To;

1 - Burning Witch
2 - Leng t'che
3 - Trivium
4 - Kickback
5 - Arkangel

Deadman_Deluxe
26-Apr-2006, 12:20 PM
No comment ... but if it was as recent as that i was most likely telling you about some bands i was "working" with.

If it was in Amerika ... i was with the second stage headliners on the Ozzfest tour ... with club tours/shows inbetween the Ozzfest dates with Killswitch Engaged/Shadows Fall/Sworn Enemy/Chimaira.

If it was in Europe ... could have been any number of bands.

erisi236
26-Apr-2006, 02:05 PM
just to name a few actual metal bands :D

1> Nevermore
2> Opeth
3> SYL
4> Darkane
5> Morbid Angel

MKULTRA1138
26-Apr-2006, 06:57 PM
in no particular order:
Alice Cooper
The Misfits
Iron Maiden
Carcass
Entombed
Megadeth
Down
Black Sabbath
Bad Religion
and too many others to list

Mr_Shadow
26-Apr-2006, 07:19 PM
im just getting into metal over the last 5 years, after my gangsta days in high school LoL

in no particular order

MetallicA
Slipknot
BLS
Iron Maiden
Pantera

currently jammim too in my car
Nevermore
Mudvayne
XM42 Liquid Metal

Tullaryx
26-Apr-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm more old school than into the newer heavy metal bands. Even going as far back as proto-metal.

1. Black Sabbath
2. Metallica
3. Led Zeppelin (proto-metal)
4. Slayer
5. Iron Maiden

EvilNed
26-Apr-2006, 08:50 PM
I saw Black Sabbath live last summer. That was great! Ozzy even threw water at me, I was right up by the stage! Loved it, loved it. Tony Iomi, Bill Ward and Geezer Butler love them all.

Anyway, other than those I think Iron Maiden are nice. I like all their historical songs, definetly one of the best song writers out there.

Dio, I love Dio. Another great song writer. I have not heard his latest album, tho. Might have to pick it up.

A strike for a newer generation, Rhapsody. I really love those guys. Their music is just great, overall.

Now, please don't kill me, but even though the lacks the musical talent of most other heavy metallists, I like Rob Zombie. Totally commercial, but damn I like his songs. I like the way he incorporates horror stuff.

EDIT, And yes, I like Alice Cooper. Anyone who doesn't, at these boards, is probably headed for a ban!

MikePizzoff
26-Apr-2006, 09:13 PM
For the Maiden fans: I sport an Eddie tattoo. :skull:

Alice Cooper is most excellent!

I can't stand Rhapsody, though. Don't get me wrong; they're amazing musicians and all... but their music just annoys me for some reason. Can't get into them at all.

Oh and, guys, Bad Religion and The Misfits are punk... very far from metal. Although there are plenty of punk bands that heavily influenced, or even crossed over into, metal: GBH, Broken Bones, English Dogs, Discharge, Black Uniforms, DRI, Wehrmacht, Suicidal Tendencies, the list could go on forever.

idsaluteyoubub
26-Apr-2006, 10:37 PM
in no particular order:
Alice Cooper
The Misfits
Iron Maiden
Carcass
Entombed
Megadeth
Down
Black Sabbath
Bad Religion
and too many others to list

I love Down, but I am still not sure if I can categorize them as metal.

Its a shame Phil had three bands and decided to quit the better two to go with the worst one...

Tri0xin
27-Apr-2006, 02:15 AM
I'd say my favorite metal bands are as follows...

1.) Venom (The baddest metal band ever!)
2.) S.O.D. (The fastest thrash metal band ever!)
3.) OLD Metallica
4.) Anthrax with Joey Belladonna
5.) OLD Megadeth

Honorable mentions: OLD Slayer, Graveland, Acid Bath, OLD Gwar

MikePizzoff
27-Apr-2006, 03:30 AM
Tri0xin... have you seen Anthrax recently? I went to their reunion show last June and then saw them again in October with Judas Priest.

If you get the Anthrax reunion DVD you'll see me a bunch of times. I was up front/center the whole time!

HLS
27-Apr-2006, 03:39 AM
metallica, Judas priest(sp?), some Black Sabbath, Iron Maden, Rob Zombie, Blue Oyster Cult

heidi

erisi236
27-Apr-2006, 02:56 PM
A strike for a newer generation, Rhapsody. I really love those guys. Their music is just great, overall.

whoa a fellow Rhapsody fan, props :cool:

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 10:01 AM
i like gay ass **** like:

HIM
the 69 eyes
lordi
CKY
rammstein.

yes my taste is horrible,lol.

MKULTRA1138
28-Apr-2006, 02:16 PM
I love Down, but I am still not sure if I can categorize them as metal.

Its a shame Phil had three bands and decided to quit the better two to go with the worst one...

Actually Down is going to be touring in Europe soon and if they rumors are true, they will be recording a new album after the tour.

erisi236
28-Apr-2006, 03:01 PM
i like gay ass **** like:

HIM
the 69 eyes
lordi
CKY
rammstein.

yes my taste is horrible,lol.

well, at least Rammstein has some talent :D

idsaluteyoubub
28-Apr-2006, 03:11 PM
Actually Down is going to be touring in Europe soon and if they rumors are true, they will be recording a new album after the tour.

And this is with Anselmo and everything?

Thats great news!

tju1973
28-Apr-2006, 05:20 PM
1) Slayer
2)Anthrax (Both the Joey and John incarnations)
4)Judas Priest
5)Metallica-- pre Napster sell out, Black album back stuff only.
6)S.O.D.
and not technically a "band", but the Probot album that Dave Grohl released is fn awesome--- I am listening to it right now at work...

:evil:

Mosh or Die.....

MikePizzoff
28-Apr-2006, 09:03 PM
1) Slayer
2)Anthrax (Both the Joey and John incarnations)
4)Judas Priest
5)Metallica-- pre Napster sell out, Black album back stuff only.
6)S.O.D.
and not technically a "band", but the Probot album that Dave Grohl released is fn awesome--- I am listening to it right now at work...

:evil:

Mosh or Die.....

Black Album??? Gross, dude! They totally sold out on that album! Where are the thrashing riffs? Not on this album. It's way too radio friendly.

Yes, that Probot album DOES rule. A lot.

VegoTheUnholy
27-Jul-2006, 04:03 AM
Well DjfunkmasterG Im Vego The Unholy. I'm a man a few word that happen to be in caps. My favs. right now are Judas Priest, Iron Maider, Death Angel, Death, Metallica, Viovod

Adrenochrome
27-Jul-2006, 04:25 AM
Well DjfunkmasterG Im Vego The Unholy. I'm a man a few word that happen to be in caps. My favs. right now are Judas Priest, Iron Maider, Death Angel, Death, Metallica, Viovod
Iron MaideR Ricks dade!!!!:D

MikePizzoff
27-Jul-2006, 12:30 PM

It's about damn time you started posting here!

bassman
27-Jul-2006, 12:37 PM

Vego the Unholy? "Wasn't he also known as Vego the Butch?"

How about "Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, and Vigo the Despised"?

"And dig this, there was a prophecy. Just before his head died, his last words were "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back."

Putting "Ghostbusters II" aside and getting back on topic....
I used to be into that stuff but have kind of grown out of it over the last few years. I guess probably the only thing close to "metal" that I listen to on occasion is Tool, Deftones, and White Zombie(screw Rob's solo stuff...suuucks). I'm more of a happy and mellow guy now so that stuff usually doesn't spark my interest.

coma
27-Jul-2006, 02:33 PM
SABBATH!! (and old ozzy). Saw them a few times a couple years ago and I was really happy that they still rocked. Their new tunes were good too. Now thats a surprize. By Far, My favorite. Even Had Sabbath I on 8 track!
S.O.D. (a great early grind/speed band. Loves em)
Judas Preist (Victim OF Changes, Yeah!)
Old Anthrax (among the living era)
Metallica (Master of Puppets is my fav. Garage Days is great. Black Album up are EL SUCKO)
SLAYER (all of it. ALL)
Death (R.I.P.)
Obituary
Cannibal Corpse
Napalm Deth
System Of A Down
Motorhead
Pantera
DIO (holy Diver is great.)
Suicidal Tendencies (metal? Kinda)
Doom
Maiden (but not for a long time)

Man, theres a ton more. That's all I could think of right now.

Fav Hardcore
Black Flag (Greg Ginn is the man)
Bad Brains
Circle Jerks (1st record, mostly)
And A million more

I will never grow out of the Metal
Death to False Metal!
All Posers Must die!!!!

sorry. Old skool flashback.

MikePizzoff
27-Jul-2006, 05:23 PM
DOOM isn't really metal. Although, they do rule and I love them... they're more just crust... maybe a LITTLE bit of grind influence.

Yeah, I'd consider Suicidal metal. At least crossover. They could shred!

coma
27-Jul-2006, 07:22 PM
I put Doom inthere because I think they are more Metal than not metal. Plus they steal a lot of sabbath riffs. The simple ones, disguised a bit. And some of the drums are metally.

Rocky George (or somethin) the git player from Suicidal chopped off a bunch of his fingers in a lawn mowere a couple years ago.

I dont like to put too fine a category metal. Then it has no room to expand and will turn to suck.

Purge
27-Jul-2006, 07:53 PM
Anyone hear the new Satyricon yet? Not very good. I've pretty much lost faith in those guys. :(

2Tall2Slow2
28-Jul-2006, 04:20 AM
Dont know if they're all considered metal anymore, but (in no particular order):

Megadeth
Metallica
White Zombie
Rob Zombie
Black Sabbath
OZZY!! (Before he became incoherent....ok, before he became *really* incoherent)
Judas Priest
Anthrax (Startin' Up A Posse...classic)