PDA

View Full Version : Will we see a chat room like the old boards?

AssassinFromHell
01-Mar-2006, 07:00 PM
The title basically has the whole question. That's one big thing I miss about the old boards (even though since Bongholio stopped coming around, it just collected dust), is the chat room. Will there be a chat room set up sometime here at the new boards? Thanks Andy and Neil. This place rocks. :)

Chris
(AFH)

DjfunkmasterG
09-Mar-2006, 01:29 PM
A chat room...

The last one hardly was ever used, unless you count Bongholio setting up camp most days. It would be nice to have a chat, but it is a moot point if no one uses it. You have to organize chats to get people to participate.

Andy
09-Mar-2006, 08:22 PM
im working on a chatroom amongst other things, but im not 100% sure how to go about it.

Neil
09-Mar-2006, 09:31 PM
A chat room...

The last one hardly was ever used, unless you count Bongholio setting up camp most days. It would be nice to have a chat, but it is a moot point if no one uses it. You have to organize chats to get people to participate.

I would have to disagree... I would see the chat room being used almost on a daily basis...

The problem with this forum and a chat room, is that no one knows if anyone else is in it. With the old forum you of course had the "status bar" constantly displayed, and auto updating/refreshing... Within a minute or so of someone going into the chat room, everyone else on the forum could see.

This forum does not offer that feature. Someone could enter the room, and unfortunately there appears to be no easy way of letting other users here knowing...

I just cannot see how a chat room here would therefore work as well... The only way I see the chat room working is where people happen to PM each other and suggest they both go into the chat room to better discuss something...

Andy
09-Mar-2006, 09:35 PM
I would have to disagree... I would see the chat room being used almost on a daily basis...

The problem with this forum and a chat room, is that no one knows if anyone else is in it. With the old forum you of course had the "status bar" constantly displayed, and auto updating/refreshing... Within a minute or so of someone going into the chat room, everyone else on the forum could see.

This forum does not offer that feature. Someone could enter the room, and unfortunately there appears to be no easy way of letting other users here knowing...

I just cannot see how a chat room here would therefore work as well... The only way I see the chat room working is where people happen to PM each other and suggest they both go into the chat room to better discuss something...

it can easilly be added :p

mista_mo
10-Mar-2006, 12:08 AM
a chat room would be cool...great to converse more rapidly with people..I miss the old days when Bong and Chris would be in there and we'd all have a fun dandy time..sorry, but I really only remember a few people using it at any point..think I saw ol dear Neil in tehre sometimes...

MikePizzoff
10-Mar-2006, 03:51 AM
Could always set a time that every night people could meet in there?

jdog
10-Mar-2006, 04:05 AM
thats a good idea i would be in.

Neil
10-Mar-2006, 06:37 PM
it can easilly be added :p

That's good if it could!

Eyebiter
17-Mar-2006, 02:27 AM
Another vote for the chat room return