PDA

View Full Version : YEAH BABY! - Ending is in the can

DjfunkmasterG
26-Apr-2008, 02:41 PM
F**K Yeah,

last night we shot the entire ending for Trapped, and man it couldn't have come out better. The weather started off bad, rain, rain, rain, but by 11;00 we were rolling camera... At 1:30 we are out in the parking lot when this awesome fog rolls in and stays the entire night making the set and scene spooky as hell. Hollywood couldn't pay for this kind of setting if it had $1,000,000,000.00

Tonight we are going to some insert shots, and then we are officially done with Trapped at the Hagerstown 10... One thing left... June 2008, Petersburg, VA Riot squad slaughter.

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2008, 04:24 PM
June 2008, Petersburg, VA Riot squad slaughter

Ooh-hoo-hoo, now that sounds sweeeet. :)

Glad it's going well and a bit of good luck rolled in there for a spookier than planned ending. :) Noiiice, canny wait to see this film. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
27-Apr-2008, 12:09 PM
Filming has wrapped at the Hagerstown 10. We completed the last of the theater shots at 4:20am this morning.... Literally at 4:20am :D

By 5:00am the theater manager and I were having breakfast at IHOP and I myself just got home at 7:45am.

In other news, actor Josh Davidson, whom plays Jack in Trapped, was producing and starring in a short film also set at the theater. Jack and his group were doing this short as part of the 48 hour film project. The category they pulled at the kick off ceremony was Horror, so they managed to make a 7 minute film that not only references Deadlands 1, but also Deadlands 2 aka Trapped.

The story as I understand is about this girl who has an obsession with zombie films, Deadlands 1 being one of them. Her fiance comes to pick her up one nigth only to find she is watching the film for the 4th time,and claims she is doing it to prepare herself for Deadlands 2 aka Trapped, which they are going to see that night. When she gets home she pops in Deadlands again and has some kind of nightmare about zombies chasing her.

Now the fun part about this is, while filming, that crew used the zombie extras that were apart of my film Trapped. Out of the 100+ zombies I had Friday into Saturday about 5-6 stuck around and played zombies chasing this girl through this foggy field at DAWN (sort of a DAWN reference of sorts). However, don't immediately assume this is a zombie film, it isn't. It is actually a slasher flick.
This project is set to be shown in Philadelphia in the next week or so as part of the 48 hour film project.

MinionZombie
27-Apr-2008, 05:21 PM
That short film you're on about sounds nifty too, schweet. :)

Dr. Zombkowski
29-Apr-2008, 04:02 PM
Speaking as one of the 6 zombies who stuck around til dawn, I do hope they're going to make that film available. The sun rising through the thick morning mist was just fantastic looking!

The actual filming was a pain because we were all exhausted and the field had tall grass and hidden potholes and the girl we were chasing kept laughing so we had to do like 7 takes of this 100 yard dash.

Any idea if this one will be on DvD or YouTube or available anywhere else? I'd love to see it, even if it's only 20 seconds or so of film! ;)

DjfunkmasterG
29-Apr-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi Dr.

I dunno when it will be available. It was part of the 48 hour film project so I think it has to screen their first before it goes online.

Gary

kchertu
29-Apr-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey guys, this is Josh, "Jack" from Trapped. Also the blonde curly headed guy who was making the movie at the theater with Trapped the other night.

We will make our movie, "I Want You" available on You Tube within the next week or so, I'll let you know. It's pretty campy, so expect it to be "horror" movie more along the lines of "Scary Movie".

The opening scene with the fog looks brilliant, thank you for sticking around. Dr, Did you take the spill? I was inside, but saw it on the vid, hope you're ok.

Again, thanks, that shot is a great way to open the movie!

Josh

BTW, if you are eager for The Dark Knight and would like to see a Joker fan film I did, go to you tube and type in , "Born Laughing" and enjoy...

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2008, 07:04 PM
I certainly look forward to checking out your 48 hour film, and I just watched Born Laughing - blimey, that's a rather nifty fan film, very well done indeed. :):cool::thumbsup:

Make sure you PM bassman311 the details, he's hot to trot for The Dark Knight to say the least. :)

kchertu
30-Apr-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks MZ, we really enjoyed making Born Laughing... we have 2/3 of that script left to shoot, hopefully we'll finish it because the rest of it really kicks ass.

Here are some pictures of the 48 Hour shoot including the poster... the fog looked great!

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7914/iwantyouposterwx4.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2448/redzombieinfogob6.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1046/zombiesandclaradq6.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6213/drzombieinfogrs6.jpg

kchertu
30-Apr-2008, 04:03 PM
I've been trying to post pics from the 48 Hour of the zombies in the fog, but my post just isn't showing up.... is there something weird you have to do when posting pics?

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2008, 05:41 PM
I've been trying to post pics from the 48 Hour of the zombies in the fog, but my post just isn't showing up.... is there something weird you have to do when posting pics?
I'm about to "allow" them now. All new members have a 5 post period where they can't post links without them having to be "allowed" by a moderator before they show up - it's a measure to help counter-act the sheer amount of spambots that have been coming by the forum for the past few months.

Should be fine now though, I've approved the post, once you're over 5 posts you're free to post as you would normally. :)

Excellent pics by the way, looks rockin', can't wait to see it on YouTube. :)

kchertu
30-Apr-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't get too excited though, it's NOT a zombie movie, that's just a dream sequence in the very beginning of the movie that lasts like 20 seconds. :)

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2008, 07:47 PM
Don't get too excited though, it's NOT a zombie movie, that's just a dream sequence in the very beginning of the movie that lasts like 20 seconds. :)
Regardless, I'm interested to see it, particularly because it's this 48 hour film thingymy. :)

Dr. Zombkowski
01-May-2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks Josh! The pics really do look great. Audrey (the little girl zombie) thinks so too! She wants to be an actress now. :hyper:

And yes that was me that took the spill, at least on film. I figured a zombie would just get back up and keep coming so call me a method actor. Lol! :skull:

I can't wait to see the finished piece!

Oh and on a different note, I've now accomplished a childhood dream: Gary got that little bit in Fangoria and Audrey and I were in the shot! Lame of me but hey, one has to dream! :D