PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead 08 vs Contagium....

SymphonicX
27-Apr-2008, 10:08 PM
So, those who have seen these two movies...if you were going to be stuck on an island for the rest of your natural life, and had to take one of these two movies with you - which one? You've gotta take one though...I know boredom is a preference in this situation...

I saw 15 mins of Contagium and turned it off. Day remake is never going t cross my path...

capncnut
28-Apr-2008, 12:38 AM
So, those who have seen these two movies...if you were going to be stuck on an island for the rest of your natural life, and had to take one of these two movies with you - which one?
Day 08 is vastly superior to Contagium so I would have to take that, I guess. It's still a piece of s**t though. :dead:

Can't I take Night 30th instead?

SymphonicX
28-Apr-2008, 01:09 AM
If you want to choose from Night 30th you gotta take that or Night 3D instead...

Legion2213
28-Apr-2008, 01:40 AM
The concept of this thread is a cruel and unusual punishment! :p

I've never seen either to be honest, and have no intention of doing so. :D

Choas
28-Apr-2008, 03:57 AM
Having seen both movies,I would have to pick Contagium.Although both movies are horrible.

ProfessorChaos
28-Apr-2008, 04:17 AM
i'd take contagium, then break the dvd and stab myself in the throat with a jagged piece of plastic until i died.

SRP76
28-Apr-2008, 08:02 AM
Since Contagium is not a remake, shouldn't it get disqualified from this match?

Mutineer
28-Apr-2008, 05:46 PM
I've already stated I thought DAY 08 was watchable. A rental not worth owning, but still something to do while drinking some wine and chilling on the couch.

It has a few redeeming qualities in a land of ****ty zombie films.

Contagium ? I doubt I'll ever, ever watch it.

bd2999
29-Apr-2008, 03:32 AM
They are both crap. I refuse to lower myself to that level of filth.

clanglee
29-Apr-2008, 03:57 AM
Cake or Death?!?!?

SymphonicX
29-Apr-2008, 08:01 AM

No, because it's a "which one do you prefer watching" and not based on anything else :)

jim102016
29-Apr-2008, 06:41 PM
What a ball-busting, yet awfully curious topic! Which form of hell do you prefer!?

Have to agree, have no desire to see 08', but I have seen the other unmentionable.

If I were on an island, I'd hit myself in the crotch with tree branches for entertainment. Or have wild birds peck at my head all day. To hell with both those movies!

Mike70
29-Apr-2008, 11:38 PM
i'd take ghey 08 it is an utter and complete piece of garbage but it is a masterpiece compared to craptagium.

although if faced with this situation in reality, i'd fall back on the new testament saying "if thine eye should offend thee..."

by the way, what has prompted this sick thread?:lol:

next you'll be asking us if we were stuck on an island and could take one woman with us but our choices were either bea arthur or ruth buzzi and we have to choose one...

SymphonicX
01-May-2008, 02:16 PM
actually scipio it's like the zombie movie equivilant of saying "who would you ****, Pat Butcher or Dot Cotton" so you pretty much hit the nail on the head there...

and yeah I did have a hankering for watching people squirm....I have to admit it's an evil, evil decision to make...

Griff
02-May-2008, 05:30 AM
Of course DAY 08 is watchable - its a spectacular train wreck.

DubiousComforts
02-May-2008, 09:20 PM
next you'll be asking us if we were stuck on an island and could take one woman with us but our choices were either bea arthur or ruth buzzi and we have to choose one...
1960s Ruth Buzzi or modern-day Ruth Buzzi?

http://www.autographedtoyou.com/CelebPics/ruth_buzzi1.jpg

Mike70
02-May-2008, 10:21 PM
1960s Ruth Buzzi or modern-day Ruth Buzzi?

http://www.autographedtoyou.com/CelebPics/ruth_buzzi1.jpg

either one - your choice.
:lol:

given that picture i might just choose bea arthur.

DubiousComforts
02-May-2008, 10:40 PM
either one - your choice.
:lol:
1960s Ruth Buzzi ain't bad, no worse than Sarah Jessica Parker if you take away all the make-up.

Certainly Bea Arthur is a guy in a wig.

Mike70
02-May-2008, 10:48 PM
1960s Ruth Buzzi ain't bad, no worse than Sarah Jessica Parker if you take away all the make-up.

Certainly Bea Arthur is a guy in a wig.

well i never realized that there was another side to ruth.

http://www.northwood.edu/img/aboutus/distinguishedwomen/2004/BuzziRuth.jpg

still not very attractive but certainly not a swamp jackal.

guess i'll have to think of a really ugly chick then...hmmm

DubiousComforts
13-May-2008, 11:32 PM
guess i'll have to think of a really ugly chick then...hmmm
Start with this circus clown:

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos/06/04/20080513082809990004

Buzzi > Parker

Cartma7546
18-May-2008, 05:16 AM
I found cont. next to super mario bros in the dollar bin at a walmart in the south side and brought it home. I blew and sucked not to my suprise and I agree the 08 version wasn't all that bad. but day two made me wish my mother had a medical plan that included abortion so I wouldn't have to be put throught the agony of watching it ever.

SymphonicX
18-May-2008, 07:08 AM
SJP looks like a foot....true..

Redman6565
01-Jun-2008, 02:38 PM
I'd kill myself and join the zombies. :evil:

Trencher
23-Jul-2008, 06:01 PM
If I had to I would take day 08 and fill the dvd player with sand.

Mike70
23-Jul-2008, 06:10 PM
Start with this circus clown:

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos/06/04/20080513082809990004

Buzzi > Parker

yeah i've never understood the hullabaloo about her. she isn't that attractive at all.

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2008, 06:26 PM
yeah i've never understood the hullabaloo about her. she isn't that attractive at all.
Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear recently said she resembled a "boiled horse", and didn't get why she's considered attractive 'just because' she's in Sex & The City ... once again, Jezza speaks the truth. :D

Bub666
23-Jul-2008, 07:48 PM
I'd kill myself and join the zombies. :evil:

I'm with you.

EvilNed
23-Jul-2008, 07:56 PM
To be completely honest, I'd probably pick Contagium. Mostly because I really, really hated everything about Day 08, whereas I could at least laugh at the incompetence in Contagium sometimes.

Trin
23-Jul-2008, 07:57 PM
...if you were going to be stuck on an island for the rest of your natural lifeLet's be honest here. Isn't this really a discussion of which movie is more spankable? I mean, for the first few days you might be high and lofty over which is the better zombie movie, but soon thereafter you're going to be looking for which has the hotter hotty because that's your only visual for the rest of your natural life.

clanglee
23-Jul-2008, 08:19 PM
Let's be honest here. Isn't this really a discussion of which movie is more spankable? I mean, for the first few days you might be high and lofty over which is the better zombie movie, but soon thereafter you're going to be looking for which has the hotter hotty because that's your only visual for the rest of your natural life.

Ohhhh. . very good point!!:o

sandrock74
25-Jul-2008, 03:14 AM
I haven't seen either of them and I have no desire to. I suppose I would be more concerned at which one would burn easier/longer. That way I could put it to use to keep me warm at night and maybe to cook something to eat!

Epidemic79
09-May-2010, 10:19 PM

I dont even think Contagium qualifies as real Movie honestly!

Definately cruel and unusual punishment. The actual living dead would'nt even touch this flick! Even Bubb would be like "F******CK THAAAAT !!!!!"

I'd rather take my chances with Night 30th Edition too!

JDFP
10-May-2010, 12:24 AM
I'd rather take my chances with Night 30th Edition too!

No. No you wouldn't. It's bad enough making a shitty film. There is some degree of excuse that can be given for making shit. Not much, but a little. I can even give some wiggle room for films that have nothing to do with the original but use the original title to cash in on the film's fame.

But, for someone to take an original and go back and completely mess with it and insert scenes that have nothing to do with the story with the worst high school drama class students available, inserting the 1999 Anton LeVay look-alike contest winner as a deranged minister for no apparent reason, and erasing an amazing soundtrack in lieu of absolute shitty computer generated music -- this is blasphemy of the highest order. This is mortal sin in my book and the people responsible for this deserve great wrath.

I would rather suffer the fate of a Lucio Fulci character in one of his films and have my eyes gouged out by zombie's while having my face melted off with acid and then cough up my internal organs as opposed to have to face the horror of ever witnessing NOTLD 30th ever again.

j.p.

Epidemic79
10-May-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks. Your cool JDFP.

Well I have seen NOTLD 30th. Yes,it is quite the let down. Had a lot of promise and seemed really exciting(in the video store)-but,flop!

But I am collector of all things NoTLD related,and I cracked-lol. I also own at least 5 different copies of the Original. Not counting the later incarnations of NIGHT.

DjfunkmasterG
11-May-2010, 10:54 AM
No. No you wouldn't. It's bad enough making a shitty film. There is some degree of excuse that can be given for making shit. Not much, but a little. I can even give some wiggle room for films that have nothing to do with the original but use the original title to cash in on the film's fame.

But, for someone to take an original and go back and completely mess with it and insert scenes that have nothing to do with the story with the worst high school drama class students available, inserting the 1999 Anton LeVay look-alike contest winner as a deranged minister for no apparent reason, and erasing an amazing soundtrack in lieu of absolute shitty computer generated music -- this is blasphemy of the highest order. This is mortal sin in my book and the people responsible for this deserve great wrath.

I would rather suffer the fate of a Lucio Fulci character in one of his films and have my eyes gouged out by zombie's while having my face melted off with acid and then cough up my internal organs as opposed to have to face the horror of ever witnessing NOTLD 30th ever again.

j.p.

I was having a discussion about this with someone in St. Louis. We pretty much agreed that Night 30th is a total shit fest from start to finish, except for one scene. The zombies coming out of the darkness led by one of the waitresses from beakmans diner. They approach the wrecked car and begin eating the dead occupants. This to me was the only shot in the entire list of newly shot footage that was worth a damn, otherwise everything else was just crap.

I can't believe George didn't fight more to stop that from happening. I remember watching Cinemax late one night back in 98 and they were on the set for this re-shoot stuff and George was there, but goddamn... how could he not see they were completely fucking it up.

Having Bill Hinzman trying to play the cemetary zombie 30 years after the fact was not only the dumbest fucking idea I had ever heard about or witnessed, but having the preacher and news reporter at the end made it even worse.

After seeing that I lost a lot of respect for John Russo, a lot of respect. I pretty much can't forgive anyone involved with that, nor can I cut any slack because it was a bad idea and poorly executed from start to finish.

I remember talking to Mike from Ancor Bay about it up in Toronto when we played zombies in LAND and Anchor Bay was pissed when they witnessed was they were given, and even madder they spent $300,000 on those reshoots.

What I do find quite funny though is that when you go to a convention, no one from Night has a 30th anniversary DVD on their tables. You mostly see the Weinstein Release or The Millenium Edition. I prefer The Weinstein Release simply because the remastering job was superb, superb enough for me to shell out $14.99 just to own that version for the PQ alone. I am hoping they release the Weinstein 40th remaster on Blu-Ray since it is the best looking version of Night. Take that cut of the movie with the Special Features from the Millenium edition and you have got yourself a slice of fried gold.

Neil
11-May-2010, 12:42 PM
What I do find quite funny though is that when you go to a convention, no one from Night has a 30th anniversary DVD on their tables. You mostly see the Weinstein Release or The Millenium Edition. I prefer The Weinstein Release simply because the remastering job was superb, superb enough for me to shell out $14.99 just to own that version for the PQ alone. I am hoping they release the Weinstein 40th remaster on Blu-Ray since it is the best looking version of Night. Take that cut of the movie with the Special Features from the Millenium edition and you have got yourself a slice of fried gold.

Unfortunately there are people around today, who have bought/watched Night of the Living dead, and watched the 30th Anniversary Edition not realising it's not the 'proper' version...

bassman
11-May-2010, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately there are people around today, who have bought/watched Night of the Living dead, and watched the 30th Anniversary Edition not realising it's not the 'proper' version...

Just as there are people that watch the Dawn and Day remakes, yet have no idea that they're actually remakes. It's a shame, really...

Neil
11-May-2010, 01:39 PM
Just as there are people that watch the Dawn and Day remakes, yet have no idea that they're actually remakes. It's a shame, really...
Or worse still, think they're associated with/representative of the originals..

Trin
11-May-2010, 02:20 PM
Are you saying that Night 30th Anniversay Edition is not the original? :lol::p

I know this is gonna make me sound like a moron... but it is what it is.

When I first saw Night 30th I didn't know anything about it. It was just on TV one night so I decided to watch it. I figured the 30th Anniversay Edition must be some kind of director's cut or something. The inclusion of the original cemetary zombie supported that mindset.

Of course I was like wtf'ing all the way through. Especially the ending. Serious head scratching. I was like, "Is that really the story they wrote? Wow... I can see why they changed it."

Andy
13-May-2010, 11:43 AM
But, for someone to take an original and go back and completely mess with it and insert scenes that have nothing to do with the story with the worst high school drama class students available, inserting the 1999 Anton LeVay look-alike contest winner as a deranged minister for no apparent reason

Interesting point on the minister, everytime i see NOTLD30th the bald guy from the old command and conquer games springs to mind. everytime.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/2328071126_c31d20984a.jpg

http://www.cnchq.de/images/content/cnc1_other/kane.jpg

Nobody else notice this?

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2010, 08:07 PM
Interesting point on the minister, everytime i see NOTLD30th the bald guy from the old command and conquer games springs to mind. everytime.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3232/2328071126_c31d20984a.jpg

http://www.cnchq.de/images/content/cnc1_other/kane.jpg

Nobody else notice this?

OMG... he does. Jesus

BillyRay
13-May-2010, 08:14 PM
I thought he looks like this guy:

http://basicinstructions.net/storage/2009-08-05-set-straight.gif?__

Or this guy:

http://lorebrandcomics.badgods.com/comics/2004-04-08-thecredit.png