PDA

View Full Version : What does Original DOTD Script look like?

kev
02-May-2008, 08:35 PM
Does any body know what an original Dawn of the Dead script look like?
There is loads of reproductions out there, I just wondered what a script used by the crew would look like because I'm looking for an original but not sure what I'm looking for.
Thanks

Mike70
02-May-2008, 10:28 PM
have you looked at the script that is available in the films section? granted i don't know the original source that it was copied from - maybe neil (or whoever transcribed it) could give you an idea of that scripts origins.

Griff
06-May-2008, 02:49 PM
I seem to remember that Neil was working from a size-condensed version of the screenplay when he was doing the transcription. Everything was there but it wasn't like the double-spaced 253 page version that you see in DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD and was probably reconfigured later for copying purposes.

Mine isn't original but it is the 253 version and does have hand written notes and illustrations that were duplicated along with the text. When these were introduced, prior to or during production, I wouldn't know but its something to consider.

Yojimbo
10-Jun-2008, 12:40 AM
I have a version similar to Griffs without the handwritten notes, but with the hand written circle around the "c" on the front page and all of Romero's spelling errors. It is a copy of a copy from a former co-worker who got his hands on it when he was at Carnegie Mellon U. Don't know if it is real or fake, though, but cool in and of itself!

horrormad
27-Jul-2008, 05:15 PM
http://www.horrorlair.com/scripts/dawnofthedead.txt

Original Dawn of the dead script.