PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer - Deadlands 2

DjfunkmasterG
08-May-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone,

I am proud to unleash a brand new teaser trailer for my next zombie opus, Deadlands 2: Trapped. So not only do I present it to you, the first full teaser trailer, but I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to your feedback.

http://u2upfly.com/view_video.php?viewkey=6eab6de9215ae5b3d54d

Mike70
09-May-2008, 11:31 PM
dude that looks awesome.

where's that f*ckin' placard:

YEAH BOI!

AcesandEights
10-May-2008, 01:00 AM
A nicely packaged trailer, man!

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2008, 02:05 AM
Thanks guys. Glad ya liked it

MinionZombie
10-May-2008, 11:32 AM
Aye indeed, rather schweet it is. :cool:

I love the stuff on the marquee, a great idea there. Canny wait to see it. :)

Dr. Zombkowski
11-May-2008, 03:24 AM
Wow, that looks way better than actually being there even! :)

Nice edits Gary.

I found it particularly cool seeing how the lead finally got the "great effin' plan" line right. :D

DjfunkmasterG
11-May-2008, 04:56 AM
Yeah that was a mouthful of line for some reason.

AcesandEights
12-May-2008, 03:31 AM
Yeah that was a mouthful of line for some reason.

Actually, I was rather struck by the lines in the trailer, maybe it's because the sound quality is so high, but at the time I chalked it up to 'screen presence' of the baseball cap wearing guy. Still not sure, which...maybe a bit of both, but it worked well.

DjfunkmasterG
12-May-2008, 10:52 AM
I am glad people hear the quality of the sound... that was important for me. Deadlands 1 sound was a mess simly because the sound operator came in last minute when we were almost done filming.

With this project, I just made sure I learned everything so it all matched up. The Dir. of photography gave me lighting lessons, sound, I made sure I tackled that issue early on... so the only thing left is a proper mix, and color correction.

RJ_Sevin
15-May-2008, 04:46 AM
I checked it out simply because I wanted to have a good laugh -- I've seen far too many embarrassing fan-made zombie flicks to have anything but low expectations for this kind of thing. Imagine my surprise when it actually looked cool -- very cool, in fact.

I still question the logic behind putting so much effort into pastiche (the Horror genre needs new ideas, not retreads), but if you're gonna do pastiche, do it right. If this trailer in any indication, you've done just that.

Nice work. I look forward to seeing the whole flick.

DjfunkmasterG
15-May-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi RJ,

If seeing the trailer could convince someone like you to give this film a chance... that means a lot to me. Most people won't give these low budget films a chance.

Thanks for the feedback :D

Dj

Skippy911sc
15-May-2008, 03:35 PM
Looked good! I love these low budget films! A little dark but that could be due to the size of the screen... Keep it up I look forward to seeing the whole movie now!

MinionZombie
15-May-2008, 06:11 PM
Interesting the low budget angle should be brought up.

I was saying this before, can't remember whether it was here or in an email to Gazza, but having seen the trailer, and a couple of clips he was kind enough to show a fellow filmmaker, I was really impressed by how good it looked - especially for an indie film.

I always think it unfair to judge an indie film against mainstream filmmaking, it's just not the same league. So I compare indie flicks to other indie flicks I've seen, and even from the small amount of DL2 I've seen, it's certainly looking very high up there on the indie league table in my noggin. It really looks beyond what I'd usually expect from such films, the camerawork (which reminds me of 24 - one of my favourite shows) just works so well.

I'm really looking forward to it, heck, I'm sporting a semi already. :D

(Come on, I had to end it with some low brow cock gag fun!)

DjfunkmasterG
15-May-2008, 06:38 PM
Looked good! I love these low budget films! A little dark but that could be due to the size of the screen... Keep it up I look forward to seeing the whole movie now!

It is a tad dark, but I chose for it to be this way. However, this was colored and adjusted for an LCD TV, not a CRT, which is a no-no when doing color correction.

The trailer has been playing at the H10 for almost a week now and the projectionist said it was on the dark side, but he up'd the brightness about 10% and he said it looked good from there. The digital projector he ran it on was a 17K lumen D-ILA JVC, and a 4K Lumen Dell MP5100, both needed an adjustment. So I will mostlikely finish the cut as is and regrade the brightness across the whole film when the final edit is done. However, since I own and LCD TV and I wanted it to look good on HD TV's I may just leave it alone.

capncnut
15-May-2008, 07:50 PM
Trailer looks awesome. Shame it's got those pesky runners in it.

Mr.Zombie
15-May-2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe I was wrong, digging the score. Seems a little bit dark there, found myself trying to figure out what i was looking at a few times. Looks good though otherwise.

DjfunkmasterG
19-May-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks Mr. Z...

at least you gave it a chance and didn't write it off after seeing that 4 minute clip. The problem most people have is they look at a clip out of context and make their whole assumption on that clip. The movie has a little more to offer than just 4 minutes of talk in a theater.

Thanks for the feedback.