PDA

View Full Version : "Coming Home" - BBC Local TV...

MinionZombie
27-Apr-2006, 12:35 PM
Just got off the phone with Mike Jackson at the Rural Media Company, setting up a time to go film extra footage for "Caring Kids" (another film I'm doing for the Local TV pilot), but he was passing on confirmation of scheduling details for my first film for Local TV from the BBC in Birmingham (who organise such things).

Anyway, I'm not sure if everyone across the UK can view Local TV (as it's only being conducted in the Midlands area at the moment - hence it being a pilot scheme), but here's how folk can see it:

Tuesday the 2nd of May, after 6pm by pressing the red button on Sky when you go to BBC1. At twenty past the hour, every hour, for 24 hours (or possibly more) you will be able to see my film "Coming Home" at the end of the 10 minute Hereford & Worcester segment.

Obviously I'll be recording it, so I'll put it online for people to see what Local TV is all about as well as (most importantly) see MY film :cool:

Just wanted to share the good word.

Danny
27-Apr-2006, 02:16 PM
ill set that to my reminder then.nice one on getting on tv!:cool:

oh since were sharing i almost got kicked outta college yesterday for being kicked of my maths g.c.s.e retake, but my film prof burst in and said and i quote "he said e wants to be a film director, now hes actually aiming for something big rather than some assholes who sit there complain and wonder why it goes wrong, and judgeing by the stuff that hes done so far i expect great things", so im allowed to continue my a levels with only 3 grade c's two in english and english lit.

though i do have to retake maths again next year.

but who cares thats karma man.:moon:

though saying "press the red button" is taunting the people who dont have sky a little.

MinionZombie
27-Apr-2006, 02:32 PM
lol - the teacher who bust in and shouted that sounds pretty cool. Education is a complete joke in High School/Sixth Form now - especially ever since LABOUR barged in that retarded A/S Level crap - that was a complete and utter bugger up, which almost funked up me getting into my first choice Uni - though it didn't and I did very well, hehe.

Yeh it's all about aiming for something you actually want to do. I've seen so many of my friends resign themselves to monotony or underachievement, which is a real shame. I could never be the 9-to-5, office drone person. Doing what I'm doing is so varied, it's exciting and interesting and you're always doing something different - which appeals to my general lack of patience, lol. So many people go off to Uni - or even do A Levels - when they don't even need to.

A mate of mine at Uni just managed to scrape through uni with a degree in science - he now works in insurance, has a company car, a house and a mortgage. Well, I'd rather struggle now that face the inevitable mid-life redundancy crisis that hits everybody at some time. Struggle now, pay off when I really need it - that's my theory.

I'd rather spend my life doing something I really want to do thanks very much, and so should you follow what you want to do, ignore those muppets that think working in an office is the only real career choice. I'll go down the creative route thanks, besides, maths isn't taught properly now anyway - my GCSE maths teacher was pathetic, utterly useless. I learnt nothing from him. I got one of those revision guides and over 3 or 4 weeks I learnt 2 years worth of maths on my own in my bedroom for an hour or two after dinner on most nights prior to my exam in that final month's run up ... I got a solid B grade - the highest I could achieve at my level too.

Dick-blister-maths-teacher said I'd only amount to a "D", shows how much he knew eh?

Follow the dream my friend.

Danny
27-Apr-2006, 03:07 PM
damn straight all the teachers say is "well.... its very hard you know" they did it so much i retorted once with "i know dip****!" basically if you want to live in a mansion be famous and all that bolox then aim for it statisticly in an english speaking country anyone can do almost anything if they only choose to.

as for the a/s levels, which THANK GOD i have only two months of left, i am taking media studies and film studies and a girl in my film studies class said aloud in class "after this terms over i think im gonna quit and get a job at a chippie".....

..no really she did.

you know we really do think alike, maybe in a few years we should work on a film together,:lol:

i bet we could make a good one.

MinionZombie
27-Apr-2006, 07:51 PM
Indeed we could. All the people who were successes never said "never", at most they were sensibly cautious from time-to-time, but being creative never is easy and it doesn't pay off quickly either. Instead of all my friends who left uni at the same time as I did all getting jobs within two/three/four months I still have no proper income - the best I'm getting is expenses and a very rare piece of writing work. Basically, I've had to cut out the whole "I like to buy things" part of my life - but well, it's at this time in my life I can afford to scratch around with no money - my folk's are being really supportive and I live rent free. I don't understand parents that can charge their own children rent after they've left school/graduated, lol.

It's at this point in my life I have the time to watch a sh*tload of TV and movies - broadening my overall knowledge and understanding of media (as well as enjoying it!). I've got the time to write, and to start getting some experience - and this Local TV thingy has been a great opportunity, thus far I've managed to evade that tea making, lowest of the low part of the ladder - the bloke documenting the film I was shooting on Tuesday even said so.

Ooh, that reminds me, I forgot to mention before but that documentary that bloke was shooting, it'll be shown at BBC head office! Who knows, the big man at the top of the BBC totem poll could be watching me do my thing in a few weeks time...

Struggle now - enjoy a fruitful early-to-mid-middle-life! Catchy ain't it? :p