PDA

View Full Version : NEW cool find while hiking in the woods!!!

Adrenochrome
27-Apr-2006, 03:21 PM
not sure how old this is yet, but,.....I came across it when hiking the other day. I'm sure it's at least 200+ years old.
http://static.flickr.com/51/135931198_22d082d965.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/52/135931200_ca3c5fe374.jpg

Tullaryx
27-Apr-2006, 03:25 PM
I would say it could be older. How far was it from any developed area?

Adrenochrome
27-Apr-2006, 03:29 PM
I would say it could be older. How far was it from any developed area?
I have the tendency to pull over on the side of the road and just start hiking through the woods. This is about 15 miles outside of Kansas City (north-ish) There are some areas around there, between towns, that are nothing but woods. I'm doing some research on it to find out exactley what it is.....to be continued...

TexasZombie
27-Apr-2006, 03:32 PM
Just remember - when you find the creepy book that looks like it's covered in human skin, DON'T OPEN IT.

Or do. It's all good. :evil:

TZ

Adrenochrome
27-Apr-2006, 03:34 PM
Just remember - when you find the creepy book that looks like it's covered in human skin, DON'T OPEN IT.

Or do. It's all good. :evil:

TZ
Dude, I explored this area until sunset - I found it around 1:00 pm. The only reason I left before dark was, I didn't have my tent with me or I'd have stayed the night!

EDIT: I will be camping there soon, trust me.

Tullaryx
27-Apr-2006, 03:35 PM
and if you do run across a flesh-bound book and do decide to open it, just remember the phrase..."Clatto Verata Nicto".

Adrenochrome
27-Apr-2006, 03:36 PM
and if you do run across a flesh-bound book and do decide to open it, just remember the phrase..."Clatto Verata Nicto".
I think, what I'll be saying is, "What the flying f*ck is THIS sh*t!!!"

Tullaryx
27-Apr-2006, 03:41 PM
I think, what I'll be saying is, "What the flying f*ck is THIS sh*t!!!"

Well, that too, but follow it up with the other phrase if you don't want to get hentai-raped by the surrounding trees. :)

Adrenochrome
27-Apr-2006, 03:43 PM
Well, that too, but follow it up with the other phrase if you don't want to get hentai-raped by the surrounding trees. :)
Oh, one thing, ......your earlier post, were you meaning, "Klaatu barada nikto" or is what you quoted another "Large Robot Command" ( Gort) phrase?
http://www.thereminvox.com/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/phpG0D9vC.jpg

Tullaryx
27-Apr-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh, one thing, ......your earlier post, were you meaning, "Klaatu barada nikto" or is what you quoted another "Large Robot Command" ( Gort) phrase?

Hmm dont know what "Large Robot Command" be, but the phrase I quoted was the line Ash was suppose to say after opening up the Necronomicon. This was suppose to be said correctly to stop the Deadites from coming through. Now, you wouldn't want to be made a plaything by the Deadites now, would you?

http://www.thereminvox.com/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/phpG0D9vC.jpg

Oh, that Robot. Well, they used his line for Army of Darkness. But the script had it spelled "Clatto, Verata, Nicto".

dmbfanintn
27-Apr-2006, 07:10 PM
not sure how old this is yet, but,.....I came across it when hiking the other day. I'm sure it's at least 200+ years old.
http://static.flickr.com/51/135931198_22d082d965.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/52/135931200_ca3c5fe374.jpg

That pretty freaking cool. My grandmother (now deceased) used to own a 700 acre farm in Jackson County TN, all mountains and woods, and we would hike back to a pond about two miles back to go fishing when I was a kid. There was an old cabin back there that was all dilapitated and run down and we used to play in there.

I wish I pictures of that place, brings back great memories!

Dawg
28-Apr-2006, 01:32 AM
That pretty freaking cool. My grandmother (now deceased) used to own a 700 acre farm in Jackson County TN, all mountains and woods, and we would hike back to a pond about two miles back to go fishing when I was a kid. There was an old cabin back there that was all dilapitated and run down and we used to play in there.

I wish I pictures of that place, brings back great memories!

It was probably the same cabin they used in the first Evil Dead movie!! They filmed that sucker in Tennasee!

:dead: Dawg

Eyebiter
28-Apr-2006, 02:53 AM
Did you try the Kansas Historical Society? A site that close to KC has likely already been surveyed.

HLS
28-Apr-2006, 02:56 AM
Where did you see that. That is rather neat. it looks very very old.

MapMan
28-Apr-2006, 03:05 AM
Go to the county property assessors office. They should have the current owner of the land and the register of deeds should have the sales history.
The records may not go back that far but you might be able to find out some info from the owner. The only bad thing is the owner may get mad for trespassing on the property.

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 03:32 AM
you know its amazing how in america you can finsd so much abandoned crap, ive even seen whole towns lost silent hill style because the valley it was in was gonna be flooded but it never whent ahead.

heres a link to a site i found vaguely interesting and you might too andrenochrome:

http://home.comcast.net/~tecsite/Index/TEC.htm

oh and this brought back a memory of something, remember how i said about the bears nailed to trees in the thread about the note?, well a few years back i was walking through the woods around staffordshire, my freinds and i hunting each other down with paintball guns whenh me and a dude named nick ran into this clearing ,well more of a hollow and there was the remains of a cobblestone path and a fairly complete looking gallows, i aint found it since then, and ive tried but it was damn wierd.

MinionZombie
28-Apr-2006, 09:23 AM
That's some pretty cool stuff, there's an old hospital down in the town where I live, but it's all fenced off and sealed up. It'd make a great place to film a horror film - hell, all those places on that site you linked up would be excellent for a horror film! Why don't we have enough abandoned sh*t in the UK ... that isn't in a crime-ridden, chav central?

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 09:32 AM
weve got the disney store though, thats relatively abandoned.

oh and game but thats cus there robbing bastards.:lol:

Philly_SWAT
28-Apr-2006, 09:40 AM
Interesting side note about the phrase (it may be mispelled) Klaatu, Veratte, Nicto. Originally, it is a quote from a great movie called "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Even though it was made in 1951, it still holds up today. If you havent seen it, you should check it out. If you local library has movies to check out, it is probably there (probably not at Blockbuster). Also, in one of the best movies to ever come out of Disney, TRON, in Jeff Bridges office in the movie, there is a sign by his desk which says, you guessed it, Klaatu, Veratte, Nicto. Presumanly an homage to the 1951 movie, not Army of Darkness, which came out after TRON.

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 09:45 AM
dude, wrong thread,lol.

dmbfanintn
28-Apr-2006, 12:52 PM
It was probably the same cabin they used in the first Evil Dead movie!! They filmed that sucker in Tennasee!

:dead: Dawg

I wish! Actually, Evil Dead was filmed in Morristown TN. My granny's place was in Gainseboro, TN.

I have been to the site of the original Evil Dead cabin in Morristown, but the cabin is no longer there. You can still see the old bridge that they cross on the way in, and the dirt road they go down.

dude, wrong thread,lol.

No it's not, look on page one.

The day the earth stood still is a classic!!!

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 01:08 PM
oh yeah,lol, sorry i thought that klattu barrada nikto thing was a stnad alone thread of its own.

Adrenochrome
28-Apr-2006, 06:32 PM
UPDATE:
1840's - settlement along the Sante Fe Trail. Thant is what's left of the settlement.

glsjaw
29-Apr-2006, 04:09 PM
if you camp there make sure you set up video cameras to catch all the weird crap you do while you think you are sleeping

Danny
29-Apr-2006, 05:18 PM
yeah and get all excited when you see dust,lol.

"look and orb!"

derek acora style.

Adrenochrome
29-Apr-2006, 05:21 PM
yeah and get all excited when you see dust,lol.

"look and orb!"

derek acora style.
Hey man! the Orbs are real!!!
They're real I say,....REAL!!! *shakes fists toward the Heavens*:D LOL

Danny
29-Apr-2006, 05:24 PM
im gonna be reet west country with mah retert thar'....

its reet bolocks!:lol:

AcesandEights
29-Apr-2006, 05:38 PM
That makes sense. It's very hard to find abandoned sites over 200 years old in the US that aren't well documented or part of some sort of historical trust.

Adrenochrome
29-Apr-2006, 05:43 PM
That makes sense. It's very hard to find abandoned sites over 200 years old in the US that aren't well documented or part of some sort of historical trust.
Ya. There's another area I want to check out, but, it's nothing but rain rain rain this weekend. It's supposed to clear up next week.
More photos coming..........

Danny
29-Apr-2006, 06:21 PM

did you follow the link?:|

Adrenochrome
29-Apr-2006, 07:50 PM
did you follow the link?:|
I did. Very cool link!

When I lived in Memphis I came across an abandoned Hospital. I wish I'd snapped some shots of that. It was like seeing something left over from some sort of human disaster.

Danny
30-Apr-2006, 10:22 AM
oh crap im gonna start off an urban exploring trend, when you break your legs dont come crying ta' me!