PDA

View Full Version : Noticed a new flub in Day....

dmbfanintn
27-Apr-2006, 03:46 PM
I haven't seen anyone point this one out, so I thought I would.

Watching Day of the Dead last night, I noticed a flub that I had never seen before.

Right toward the end, when Rhodes put Billy and Sarah in the corral, they are unarmed, save the 2 x 4 the Billy grabs and the shovel Sarah picks up.

when John knocks Rhodes out, he takes his two revolvers, the M-16 and an Uzi. He dumps one of Rhodes' revolvers before he catches up with Sarah and Billy. When he gets to them, he keeps one revolver, gives Billy the M-16 and Sarah the Uzi.

As far as I can tell, this is all the guns they have at this point. Now, when they are climbing the stairs to get to the top, a zombie grabs John by the leg. He goes to shoot it with Rhodes' second revolver but it is empty so he just tosses it.

Next, Billy blasts the zombie with what?????

A semi-automatic pistol. Where the hell did that come from?

They were unarmed in the caves, John only gave him the M-16. If he had it all along, why didn't he use it when it was just him and Sarah?

?????????????

EvilNed
27-Apr-2006, 03:59 PM
Haha, I never thought of that! As far as I remember, there's no shot of John giving Billy a pistol of any sort.

Svengoolie
27-Apr-2006, 04:46 PM
If I remember correctly, John gives him the pistol right after they blast the zombies in the cave as Sarah's saying "Follow the red lights".

I'll check it out today--I'm planning on watching Day on the projection screen tv at work.;)

Adrenochrome
27-Apr-2006, 05:14 PM
I'll check it out today--I'm planning on watching Day on the projection screen tv at work.;)
Listen, Lupus, you didn't come into this life just to sit around on a dugout bench, did ya? Now get your ass out there and do the best you can. *snicker*

kortick
27-Apr-2006, 08:17 PM
there are a bunch of flubs in days coral scene

the biggest one is the zombies come pouring out of it at the end
where did they all come from and why didnt they attack sarah and the others?

Day is great but there are a lot of flubs
just like the amount in dawn...

DjfunkmasterG
27-Apr-2006, 09:26 PM
Interesting catch on the pistol thing.

Now I am gonna have to watch that scene to see what happens. :D

EvilNed
27-Apr-2006, 10:14 PM
there are a bunch of flubs in days coral scene

Because they ran past them, remember?

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 09:40 AM
oooh, veeeeery iiiiint-er-esting!

Philly_SWAT
28-Apr-2006, 10:37 AM
First of all, great post dmbfanintn. The post shows a great attention to detail, and brings up a question that I have never thought us before! I watched the scenes in question just now, and everything you said is correct, except for the part about John not giving Bill the the semi-automatic pistol. Svengoolie is correct, he hands it to Bill right after they blast away at the zombies as Sarah is saying to follow the red light.

If you watch the scene when Rhodes wakes up, Torrez, who was also unconscious, wakes up at the same time. They both look at each other, realize that John has gotten the better of them, and they both reach down to check to see if their guns are there (which they arent). I'm sure that Torrez had the same type of pistol that both Rickles and Steel have, the one that Steel finally kills himself with. I dont know which version of the movie you have, but that scene is really dark, and he hands it to him quick. You dont really see the gun, but obviously it is what he is handing him. You can see Bill put it away after the handoff.

For a brief second after Bill shoots the zombie, you can see the pistol, and it does look like the one Rickles and Steel had.

dmbfanintn
28-Apr-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, shoot! I thought I had found a new one. It was really more of a case of just one of those things that pop into your head when your watching it. I was watching the old VHS version the other night in bed and, although I have watched that scene many times (Come along Johnny, I'm counting on ya to fly us to the promised land) this particular time, I was like, wait a mintue, where the hell did that pistol come from?

Now I have to pull out the divimax this weekend and watch it in all it DVD glory. I am sure you can see it well on that.

Thanks for setting me straight Philly!

Craig
29-Apr-2006, 09:02 AM
One of the zombies that pours out is the American Football player zombie, a zombie that I'm sure came in through the elevator.

Mikey
01-May-2006, 02:51 AM
First of all, great post dmbfanintn. The post shows a great attention to detail, and brings up a question that I have never thought us before! I watched the scenes in question just now, and everything you said is correct, except for the part about John not giving Bill the the semi-automatic pistol. Svengoolie is correct, he hands it to Bill right after they blast away at the zombies as Sarah is saying to follow the red light.

If you watch the scene when Rhodes wakes up, Torrez, who was also unconscious, wakes up at the same time. They both look at each other, realize that John has gotten the better of them, and they both reach down to check to see if their guns are there (which they arent). I'm sure that Torrez had the same type of pistol that both Rickles and Steel have, the one that Steel finally kills himself with. I dont know which version of the movie you have, but that scene is really dark, and he hands it to him quick. You dont really see the gun, but obviously it is what he is handing him. You can see Bill put it away after the handoff.

For a brief second after Bill shoots the zombie, you can see the pistol, and it does look like the one Rickles and Steel had.

That was ol' Torrez' gun!