PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you a little story about foot surgery.

SgtSteve
28-Apr-2006, 04:00 AM
IT SUCKS

Last Friday I had to go in to get a heal spur shaved off. Not only did I have a spure about the size of a thumbnail it had also severed 20 to 40 percent of my achilies tended.

It's been hurting like hell for years but I finally have broken down and got it fixed.

So for the next 6 to 8 weeks I can't work. Thank God I got the sick time to cover but I am not one for just sitting around the house.

Prime swimming weather and I can't go because of the stitches in my foor (they should come out in about 2 more weeks). Can't drive and have to hobble around the house with a walker.:dead:

My wife and child are very helpful but I hate to keep asking them to get me things like water to drink. And I can't even help my wife around the house that much.:mad:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 09:34 AM
ah man my brothers had that kinda stuff done, too bad , i have never had anything more serious than a scratch, though i heal abnormally fast.

like wolverine, nootch.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Apr-2006, 11:22 AM
I have to go through the same thing. I have a condition called Plantar Faciitis, which is what you have.

Basically it is the same thing however, it starts by over stretching the tendon and causing tears in side of it. Then at night while you sleep the tendon heals itself and contracts. Because it does of this it makes your first few steps in the morning the most painful. This can also happen just sitting for long periods of time then getting up to walk. Because the tendon contracts, then expands, it causes heel spurs to develop. These spurs begin tearing at the tendon and can cause even more pain.

If caught early enough, simple exercises like stretching your foot in the morning before you take your first steps can help not only heal the tendon, but get rid of the condition. Proper arch and heel supports put inside the shoes help this condition even more. If the condition worsens, cortisone shots are injected into the affected area... Yes, they put a needle into your heel. This is the current stage I am at, although I should be at Sgt. Steve's stage because mine is just as bad if not worse. Only reason I haven't got it done is I am trying to finish my movie first, and they gave me this boot to wear which keeps my foot stretched at night while I sleep.

Sgt. Steve, I know and feel your pain. A mild pain reliever like Naproxen will help reduce the swelling and inflamation from the surgery. Take care of that foot. Because you have torn the tendon, it can come back easier this time. You really need to do a lot of stretching in the morning before you get out of bed.