PDA

View Full Version : Finished my novel, so why so sad?

rightwing401
06-Jun-2008, 01:37 AM
I finally put the last nail in the litterary coffin for my 'living dead' novel. After four years of none stop up hill fighting through just about every concievable setback, I reach the summit last week. Oddest thing, as happy as I am, I'm also sad.

With something I've strived years to complete finally accomplished, I'm asking myself, 'now what?'. Even sadder, I don't have any real drive at the moment to work on any of my other writing projects.

Anyone else have a similiar experience with advice or tips on how to keep myself from losing momentum? I only bring this up because I don't want to become stagnate with my writing.

Geophyrd
06-Jun-2008, 12:23 PM
write another one!

dirtydwarf
06-Jun-2008, 12:57 PM
Take a break..celebrate...get drunk and laid...plenty of time for gettin back to the grind later.....trust me :sneaky:

Khardis
06-Jun-2008, 09:25 PM
get it published, nothing like money in the hand to motivate you.

rightwing401
07-Jun-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. All of your advice is very sound and well appreciated. I believe that I'll go the route of all three suggestions.

Suicycho
02-Jul-2011, 12:57 PM
get it published, nothing like money in the hand to motivate you.

Exactly!

Upload it to kindle and smashwords.

I've done that with Deadrise and I am making sales. Its doing quite well in fact.

That sure lit a fire under my ass to finish up the sequel as well as dust off some other projects.