PDA

View Full Version : IKEA sale (for lesbians)

Neil
11-Jun-2008, 08:26 AM
IKEA have got a special bedroom furniture sale on at the moment just for lesbians! Apparently all the featured furniture is easy to assemble - there's no screwing involved as it's all tongue and groove.

FoodFight
11-Jun-2008, 09:47 AM
But they'll lose money on the gay men's barstools, as seating can be quadrupled by simply inverting said stools.

GRMonLI
11-Jun-2008, 02:19 PM
IKEA have got a special bedroom furniture sale on at the moment just for lesbians! Apparently all the featured furniture is easy to assemble - there's no screwing involved as it's all tongue and groove.

as the owner and leader of this website should you not be setting a better example?

EvilNed
11-Jun-2008, 02:28 PM
as the owner and leader of this website should you not be setting a better example?

Yes. I demand a forum dedicated to communists.

Neil
11-Jun-2008, 02:45 PM

I of course apologise if the joke is not of sufficient quality for you...

bassman
11-Jun-2008, 03:31 PM
:lol:

You got me. When I saw the thread title I actually thought it was a sale just for Lesbians. I wouldn't be too surprised if something like that really happened, honestly.

WTF is special about Ikea, anyway? I only know of it from the reference in Fight Club, and I know there's a store here in Atlanta, but never actually been to or seen what's so special about them. Is it trendy furniture for "cool" people or something?:confused:

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2008, 04:53 PM
Well its cheap, but durable, you assemble yourself, furniture from Swedish designers.

My Computer Desk at home is from IKEA., cost me $70.00 and it is bigger and sturdier than most of the crap I have paid double or triple for in the past.

However, the place is a madhouse and if you don't like crowds, long lines, etc... not a good place to go on weekends.

I hope you were not serious about this... if that offended you, maybe this maynot be the best place for you to hang out at. They do have PC websites were everyone lives in harmony and the only thing they talk about are "Songs about rainbows"

F**K the PC world, If someone wants to tell a tasteless lesbian joke, let them. I for one found it funny.

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2008, 05:52 PM
Aye, I liked the joke, nice one. :D

Political correctness can suck on my ball sack. :p

IKEA - indeed, cheap, self-assembly furniture. Probably better now than back in the early 90's when we used to buy stuff from there. Back then it was always chipboard with some kind of woodette laminate coating and cheap plastic handles.

Flat pack furniture has gotten a lot better since then though, but since then we haven't been back to IKEA ... a store which doesn't deliver online orders to anywhere in the UK bar about 2 destinations - how backwards-ass is that?! :eek: I was flabbergasted when I saw that!

We usually get stuff from Argos, and it's actual wood, probably not the greatest, but it's far from early 90s IKEA laminated chipboard.

The stuff we get is fairly cheap, or downright cheap, and is of decent quality. Mind you, we also have some older furniture that's better and was probably made by a bloke in his shed, so that's proper furniture right there.

Wait a minute, wasn't this a lesbian joke thread?

What does it say about me right now that I'd sooner fixate on the flat pack furniture aspect and not the lesbian aspect ... I must redress the balance...

LICKING OUT!!!

Danny
11-Jun-2008, 05:53 PM

geez, kind of over reacting arent you?, its just a joke, i for one didnt laugh but its no different than "insert rod a into slot b" jokes you hear about ikea and stuff like that, theonly thing different is sexual orientation, it didnt have anything negative about lesbians in it, the taste was crude but thats all.

You gotta think about context before you become the pc police and give a judicial verdict on other peoples choices on what they can and cannot say.

ProfessorChaos
11-Jun-2008, 05:58 PM
(counting to ten)

capncnut
11-Jun-2008, 06:58 PM
You've been posting quite a bit about lesbians lately, Neil. To what extent is your fascination with them? Are you going through midlife frustrations? :p:D

Neil
12-Jun-2008, 07:58 AM
You've been posting quite a bit about lesbians lately, Neil. To what extent is your fascination with them? Are you going through midlife frustrations? :p:D

:o LOL!

GRMonLI
12-Jun-2008, 03:24 PM

It is about basic respect, the war against Homophobia is big enough as it is and we do not need stereotypes to be taught and repeated and encouraged. As you can see the first response to this post was:

"But they'll lose money on the gay men's barstools, as seating can be quadrupled by simply inverting said stools."

This is another stereotype suggesting that all Gay men enjoy anal sex which is so wrong because as a Graduate Student in Sexual Research I can tell you that not only do many gay men dislike anal sex but a large percentage of female and male Heterosexuals engage in such acts, not to mention the amount of Heterosexuals engaging in Cunnilingus and Fellatio.

I am not against a good "Gay" joke, I just do not believe that stereotypes and blatant fallacies should be posted by the people who are supposed to be keeping us safe on this board, like the "Administrator" and the "Super Moderators".

These are my opinions and I thought I would be able to espress them without attack or abuse (so far this has been mostly true).

I do not beieve it is "PC" to want respect of ones nature.

Thanks for reading!

bassman
12-Jun-2008, 03:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Nierbain/getout.gif

It's just a friggin joke.:rolleyes:

acealive1
12-Jun-2008, 04:25 PM

you have no room to talk,SLYKE LOVER :lol::lol:

love ya,bro

Neil
12-Jun-2008, 05:13 PM
I just do not believe that stereotypes and blatant fallacies should be posted by the people who are supposed to be keeping us safe on this board

Was it offensive, demeaning or derogitory? (personally) I don't believe so as it's nothing more than a play on words...

'Tongue in groove (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_and_groove)' - Get it?

ps: Bigging text and/or bolding text can be construed as shouting at someone (on the internet), which in my opinion is not polite...

Mike70
12-Jun-2008, 05:30 PM
Was it offensive, demeaning or derogitory? (personally) I don't believe so as it's nothing more than a play on words...

'Tongue in groove (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_and_groove)' - Get it?

ps: Bigging text and/or bolding text can be construed as shouting at someone (on the internet), which in my opinion is not polite...

no it was a fun little joke. everyone take a step back and smoke a joint, pop a valium, do a shot of booze - whatever it takes to make life bearable where you are at.

oh and by the way - i am a lesbian too. i just happen to be trapped in a man's body.

capncnut
12-Jun-2008, 08:02 PM
you have no room to talk,SLYKE LOVER :lol:
Me? A slyke lover? I do believe it's YOU that has been trying to infiltrate the pink mafia club for about a year now. :D

acealive1
12-Jun-2008, 10:26 PM
Me? A slyke lover? I do believe it's YOU that has been trying to infiltrate the pink mafia club for about a year now. :D

:lol::lol:

yea my bad. LOL

clanglee
13-Jun-2008, 06:43 AM
This is another stereotype suggesting that all Gay men enjoy anal sex which is so wrong because as a Graduate Student in Sexual Research I can tell you that not only do many gay men dislike anal sex but a large percentage of female and male Heterosexuals engage in such acts, not to mention the amount of Heterosexuals engaging in Cunnilingus and Fellatio.

!

. . . but you sure seem to enjoy the stick up your a$$. :p Geeze :rolleyes:

capncnut
13-Jun-2008, 07:40 AM
...but you sure seem to enjoy the stick up your a$$. :p
:lol::lol::lol: