PDA

View Full Version : two screenplay ideas...

sammylou
20-Jun-2008, 05:18 AM
Hi everyone. I love to write screenplays, especially living dead themed ones, and I had a couple ideas. I'm not sure how good they are, so I figured I'd weigh them with my friends/fellow dead fans here at HPOTD.

The first idea I had was making a living dead film shot from the perspective of a zombie. Maybe a soldier, in the middle of trying to fight the plague, had a helmet cam and was infected with it turned on. The story is just a zombie's tale, wandering through the carnage for a day. Like a day in the life of a zombie kind of thing.

Any thoughts? It may be a dumb idea, I don't know. That's why I'm asking. Thanks for the help,

dracenstein
20-Jun-2008, 07:14 AM
Actually, it sounds pretty boring.

Just a roaming picture of a landscape (urban or country), then maybe taking part in a siege. Any action will be confused or out of shot.

Sorry, just doesn't do it for me.

What's idea number two?

My idea for a script would be a group of actors in a cavalry western film ride out with a re-enacting troop armed with authentic era cap-and-ball pistols and Springfield carbines to 'get in the part', going out on a week (or three day) patrol ride to get to know the part, dressed in US cavalry blues, leaving their mobiles and radios behind, unaware that the dead are re-animating.

As the 'troopers' are learning to be troopers, the families and friends left behind at production centre have to fortify up (maybe some evacuate) with local townspeople.

Imagine the trailer; a hastily fortified school or town hall surrounded by the walking dead, a bugle call and a troop of US Cavalry charging to the rescue!

What do you think of that?

SRP76
23-Jun-2008, 06:51 AM
My idea for a script would be a group of actors in a cavalry western film ride out with a re-enacting troop armed with authentic era cap-and-ball pistols and Springfield carbines to 'get in the part', going out on a week (or three day) patrol ride to get to know the part, dressed in US cavalry blues, leaving their mobiles and radios behind, unaware that the dead are re-animating.

Why?

Why not simply set the outbreak in the "Old West"? Zombies aren't real; you can set them anywhen, not just in the current year.

dracenstein
30-Jun-2008, 09:20 PM
Because then we are watching actors and their egos playing at soldier, but keeping the modern setting so we can see the real world experience at the same time.

dracenstein
11-Jul-2008, 07:59 PM
Sammylou

Somebody has beaten you to a zombie pov story, this is not a screenplay, but a book.

I, Zombie by Al Ewing published by Abbadon Books.