PDA

View Full Version : New Game In Development

Pistolero Films
29-Apr-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I am developing a new RPG based on the movie I am making of the same title - The Reckoning. The game will be available along side the release of the movie for the PC platform.

I am just wondering what you would look for in a good zombie RPG? I am aiming more for a survival aspect....you're the experts, you tell me what you want.

For more info visit: www.pistolerofilms.webmercialsvideo.com

EvilNed
29-Apr-2006, 01:35 PM
This might be ambitious, but something pretty free where you roam a zombie infested city. It could be like "I am Legend", where the zombies are mostly active during the night, and you have to travel throughout the city during the day and then hold up and fight off zombies during the night. With realtime time progression, of course! :)

Very ambitious, but it would be fun.

Danny
29-Apr-2006, 05:15 PM
wind waker style cel shading,lol.

what?

Tullaryx
01-May-2006, 04:06 PM
I would love a zombie rpg game following the sandbox-style of gameplay like Oblivion. You get not just your main quest storyline, but so many optional side quests and things to do that it will really make you feel like part of the game instead of the game telling you what to do.

EvilNed
01-May-2006, 06:33 PM
That would be great. It could be set in a semi-urban enviroment, mostly inhabited by zombies, but with human settlements here and there.

Danny
01-May-2006, 06:36 PM
I would love a zombie rpg game following the sandbox-style of gameplay like Oblivion. You get not just your main quest storyline, but so many optional side quests and things to do that it will really make you feel like part of the game instead of the game telling you what to do.

what?, like zelda?

That would be great. It could be set in a semi-urban enviroment, mostly inhabited by zombies, but with human settlements here and there.

.....like zelda:lol:

EvilNed
01-May-2006, 07:43 PM
No, like Oblivion/Morrowind/Daggerfall/Arena.

Danny
01-May-2006, 09:30 PM
daggerfall sucked balls!:lol:

EvilNed
01-May-2006, 09:59 PM
Eerrhm...

No.

Pistolero Films
02-May-2006, 02:10 PM
OK, thanks for the input. I think it would be possible to make a main storyline, but have 20 or so side storylines that you can take part in or pass up.

I also like the idea of having it open ended. You can just go around in a game and do your own thing as long as you survive you keep going.

Like Zelda you say? Zelda? Ok, but with better graphics. :)

DeadJake
06-May-2006, 06:48 AM
why not have it end with the PC's breaking the curse of the rising dead i dont know some voodoo stuff

Danny
07-May-2006, 12:10 AM
i dont like the zelda style for a zombie game, id prefer max payne or ghost hunters style but in a morrowind like free roaming area.

EvilNed
07-May-2006, 03:32 AM
Maybe you should make it a mod for an already existing, easily moddable game.

Danny
07-May-2006, 04:38 PM
...like morrowind.;)

Pistolero Films
10-May-2006, 12:49 PM
I wish! I am limited in my abilities, so a smaller game would be more like it.

If I could utilize (and pay for!) the Unreal Engine then a Max Payne equivelant would work, and with only two other people working with me - the title would take about 10 years to create...and you guys would just laugh because by then you'd be playing Resident Evil 50 on XBox 720.

On the Mods comment - it's very possible, but very hard to market. I want to include this on DVD with the movie and the game publishers say I can't do that.

So a simple FREE game on the DVD as an extra sounds good. I hope to be bring some screenshots on my next post. Stay tuned!