PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising from Capcom for XBox 360:

Dawg
01-May-2006, 12:53 AM
Anyone think that this game will eventually come out for any of the other systems? (You know, exclusive to XBox for like a year and then go to PS3 and Nintendo Revolution.)

I want to buy a XBox 360 just for that game! It IS Dawn of the Dead basically!

Also, anyone hear any more about George Romero's City of the Dead game that was suppose to come out?

:dead: Dawg :skull:

Mikey
01-May-2006, 02:32 AM
Whoa! I had no idea this game was out!!! I just watched a couple of videos and it looks kick ass.

I vowed I would never by an Xbox, but I might change my mind.

Bunker65
01-May-2006, 04:32 AM
As far as I know, as of now, Dead Rising is an Xbox 360 exclusive. It's no matter to me since I have a 360 & have Dead Rising on pre-order already :). Looks to be lots of fun !! I'm really looking forward to June 20th :).

DeadJake
01-May-2006, 09:02 AM
yes i think i saw some videos of it on IGN it looks good

Danny
01-May-2006, 09:04 AM
actually ive seen some new shots in a city as well as a mall so its looking pretty cool.

and im petty sure city of the deads been cancelled after the steaming turd of road to fiddlers green.

Wooley
01-May-2006, 09:28 AM
Dead Rising looks frickin' awesome and I hope it makes it PC.

Dawg
02-May-2006, 01:00 AM
actually ive seen some new shots in a city as well as a mall so its looking pretty cool.

and im petty sure city of the deads been cancelled after the steaming turd of road to fiddlers green.

George Romero's City of the Dead

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/cityofthedead/index.html

:dead: Dawg :skull:

Cody
02-May-2006, 01:06 AM
Well if its a xbox360 exclusive such as halo then it might come out for PC but not PS3

Tullaryx
02-May-2006, 04:20 PM
Well if its a xbox360 exclusive such as halo then it might come out for PC but not PS3

For the moment it is only for the 360. No rumor of it being ported to the PC has been mentioned. If it sells well enough it might get ported to the PS3, but even then it'd depend if Capcom would be allowed by MS to have it ported. Both Sony and MS have gotten abit more stricter with third-party publishers about exclusivity-contracts.

Hawkboy
03-May-2006, 05:53 AM
Dead Rising looks frickin' awesome and I hope it makes it PC.

It is... here's the gamespot PC page...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/cityofthedead/index.html

MinionZombie
03-May-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm hoping it will come out for PC, which might happen because of the Xbox/Microsoft connection. I'd really like to play it, now, if I had money then I'd probably indulge in a 360 - wouldn't mind getting PGR3 too.

ipotts85
03-May-2006, 11:17 PM
there aren't enough good zombie games. this one looks fun for about an hour, before bludgeoning digital zombies becomes boringly repetitive...

they need to make something with a great story AND great visuals...people trash road to fiddler's green, but i thought it was fun as sh*t.

Tri0xin
03-May-2006, 11:20 PM
The really last good zombie games were Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube.

I'm kind of excited about RE5 though, for the ps3.

ipotts85
04-May-2006, 01:00 AM
the resident evil remake was amazing...what a frightening game, and the graphics were hardcore realistic. RE4 was amazing too, but it isn't really a zombie game.

they need to make more games with a strictly zombie storyline, like a george romero movie in videogame form. i don't play many videogames outside of the ones that involve shooting things...so zombies AND shooting things is my kind of sh*t.

Moon Knight
04-May-2006, 01:08 AM
Dead Rising just got delayed until Aug.

Mikey
05-May-2006, 02:15 AM
That CG blonde chick with the camera in this game is superhot...I feel weird stating that.

Bunker65
05-May-2006, 04:15 AM
That CG blonde chick with the camera in this game is superhot...I feel weird stating that.

For video game chicks, both these are pretty hot:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9550/deadrisingscreen16xv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9671/deadrisingscreen22gh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

deadwrtr
05-May-2006, 03:35 PM

The blonde reminds me of Christina Applegate

erisi236
05-May-2006, 03:40 PM
they both look like fairly realistic girls too :)

Danny
05-May-2006, 03:43 PM
i think i saw the second one on an issue of soldier of fortune once:lol:

erisi236
05-May-2006, 03:45 PM
i think i saw the second one on an issue of soldier of fortune once:lol:

it's possible :eek: :)

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 03:51 PM
The brunette seems to know how to handle that barrel.

Danny
05-May-2006, 03:59 PM
ooh a double entendre' how 1960's of you tullaryx;)

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 04:06 PM
ooh a double entendre' how 1960's of you tullaryx;)

I just call it as I see it, crazy cat! Now where's that bunny girl with my martini?

Danny
05-May-2006, 04:08 PM
lol, god damn this threads goin' off track fast, yknow tons of threads go into random bs like this, granted its entertaining, but has anyone got a single warning yet?

oh and dont get me started tullaryx i was this close to an austin powers impression.

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 04:11 PM
lol, god damn this threads goin' off track fast, yknow tons of threads go into random bs like this, granted its entertaining, but has anyone got a single warning yet?

oh and dont get me started tullaryx i was this close to an austin powers impression.

I just go with the flow --- my hip english lad.

As for Dead Rising, I think and hope they come up with some sort of on-line co-op mode. Rare was able to introduce it way after Kameo was already in the market. It would be tres cool to play DR with another player whose on the other side of the mall. :)

Danny
05-May-2006, 04:27 PM
what like a homepage of the dead event sort o thang?, thatd be awesome ,then andrenochrome could deal with his enemys using firearms and get away with it:lol:

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 04:30 PM
what like a homepage of the dead event sort o thang?, thatd be awesome ,then andrenochrome could deal with his enemys using firearms and get away with it:lol:

Well, those elite few who own Xbox 360's. :D

Danny
05-May-2006, 04:33 PM
i WAS getting one for christmas but my moms car broke so isaid my 360 money she had stashed for me she could use, so now i havent got a christmas OR birthday present so shes getting me a 360 in august with 4 games as a thank you, karma baby!:cool:

Tullaryx
05-May-2006, 04:39 PM
i WAS getting one for christmas but my moms car broke so isaid my 360 money she had stashed for me she could use, so now i havent got a christmas OR birthday present so shes getting me a 360 in august with 4 games as a thank you, karma baby!:cool:

Well, that was nice of you. :)

But the idea of an HPOTD night if Capcom releases the game with on-line co-op or adds it later wuld be cool.

Danny
05-May-2006, 05:43 PM
especially with the headsets, then we can all go "god damn minionzombie you posh sounding git!":lol:

Bunker65
05-May-2006, 05:51 PM
Add me in with the group if they do add an online co-op portion to Dead Rising :). As of now it state's that the game is "Xbox Live Aware". Hopefully with the delay in release they will add an online component.

Danny
05-May-2006, 05:56 PM
i bet some people on here would deliberatly turn themselves to kill other people...

...possibly moderators:moon:

Danny
09-May-2006, 07:37 AM
i just got the latest issue of game a british gameing mag and it had a big thng about dead rising and the games completely changed they say its less dawn of the dead and more brain dead.
that said many of you will remember how the main character looked slightly like a younger popeye with a massive chin, well hes been redesigned to fit in with the cg characters someone else posted and now looks a little more like vladimr lem from max payne.

oh and there is a tank, and a house of a 1000 corpses style boss were a survivors gone nuts and dressed like steven kings 'it'.

i gotta get this game, ill post some scans if you want.

MinionZombie
09-May-2006, 09:45 AM
And then I'd own you all with my mad skillz and laugh all the way to the satisfaction bank, :p, just like I did everytime at multiplayer Halo 2, I owned with a capital "P" on a daily basis, and I friggin' hate those controllers - FPS games are a PC creation damn youze!

Vladamir Lem look-a-like, so no more big shnoz in the middle of his face, he looked like he'd been a punching bag.

And at least I don't sound like a chav ... and I'd hate to think what you'd make of an actual posh-person's voice...

Danny
09-May-2006, 10:02 AM
prince charles.:D

that dudes got a BA in toffery.lol.

Danny
10-May-2006, 07:42 PM
heres what he looks like now, prepare to be amazed.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/928326_20060510_screen027.jpg

MinionZombie
10-May-2006, 09:19 PM
Damn that man is sexy :D

He looks a bit like Ben Affleck, and some other actor but I can't quite place it ... damn it, that's gonna bug the crap out of me trying to think of whatever name of whoever it is I'm trying to place.

Still, good they got rid of that huge, blobby nose they'd mashed on the old player skin.

Danny
10-May-2006, 09:23 PM
damn it IS holden mcniel fused with vladimir lem from max payne.

Bunker65
10-May-2006, 10:35 PM
Kinda looks like David Boreanaz (Angel) to me.

MinionZombie
10-May-2006, 11:00 PM
I think that's one of the people I was thinking of, yeh he does look a bit like him ... and Marc Blucas too, that other dude from Buffy.

By the way, your gif friggin' rocks - nicely done, Sir. Take that you slimey zombie!

Bunker65
11-May-2006, 03:54 AM
I can see where you see Marc Blucas (Riley) in him as well.

Thanks for compliments on the GIF. I wish I could take credit for creating it but I just found it on the web :). It is very cool though :cool:.

MinionZombie
11-May-2006, 10:05 AM
Back to Dead Rising - it's the sort of game that'd make me buy a 360. Of course, at the moment I couldn't possibly afford it - however, should I come into a bit of money soon on a really cool project I'm working on at the moment, then I'd totally get out there and buy a 360.

I'd have to get my mits on PGR3, Dead Rising, Alan Wake and then GTA4. If only there was the option to plug a mouse and keyboard into the Xbox...but yeh, if I had the money or when I get the money - then I'll be getting my mits on a 360 as my PC is beginning to get left behind and I can't really upgrade further and it'd be daft to spend MORE money to get a THIRD computer to clutter up my room, lol.

Danny
11-May-2006, 02:23 PM
actually as nice as it is im pretty much set on a nintendo Wii now.:D

Bunker65
11-May-2006, 03:54 PM
Here is a link to a video of the first 10 minutes of video from Dead Rising:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i8mpCldOcI

Looks to be a videotape of the E3 footage. You have to listen to a few nitwits chatting to each other but it's not all that bad :).

Danny
11-May-2006, 04:23 PM
now thats an excellent find, i believe rep is in order.:D

p2501
11-May-2006, 04:27 PM
seconded.

axlish
11-May-2006, 04:44 PM
Just in case anyone hasn't seen this lengthy trailer yet...

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/2918/Dead-Rising-Another-Day-in-the-Mall/

This looks badass. I am almost considering getting an xbox now.

Bunker65
11-May-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the plus reps guys :). I tell you, I was getting this game no matter what but the more I see of it the more I can't wait for the day I slide the disc into my 360 :D. It's going to be a great day for gaming for me :cool:.

Tullaryx
11-May-2006, 04:59 PM
Anyone else see the lightsaber action in the trailer? :evil:

Danny
11-May-2006, 05:00 PM
its not working all m getting is a green screen.

Bunker65
11-May-2006, 05:54 PM
its not working all m getting is a green screen.

Try this link:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadrising/media.html

scoracrasia
12-May-2006, 01:43 PM
Any target date for this yet?

Bunker65
12-May-2006, 02:47 PM
Any target date for this yet?

The gaming sites, ebgames.com & gamestop.com have a "Ship Date" of 8/22/06. In the US anyway. It was supposed to be June but was pushed back.

Danny
12-May-2006, 02:55 PM
"because it has to be translated for us brits and canadians":rolleyes: