PDA

View Full Version : My Canada video...

Neil
19-Jul-2008, 09:31 PM
Back in 2000, I went to Canada, mainly so my girlfriend could meet up with two of her friends there...

4-5 years later the three of them were spread across the globe, Canada, Australia and here in the UK, so I knocked up a little video for them from the camcorder footage I took... Just to help them remember...

I've uploaded it to YouTube now...

Ow0NiEaRMtU

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2008, 11:09 AM
Nice vid Neil. :)

I've always wanted to go to Canada, it looks beautiful, and it looks like you all had a good time yomping around the outdoors.

Neil
20-Jul-2008, 06:02 PM
Nice vid Neil. :)

I've always wanted to go to Canada, it looks beautiful, and it looks like you all had a good time yomping around the outdoors.

Given the crummy hand held footage I had, I think it came out quite well :)

MinionZombie
21-Jul-2008, 10:18 AM
Well, it's holiday footage isn't it, and nor are you formally trained, so indeed it's rather good.

Was it on a Hi8 camera, or 1ccd miniDV, do you know? (Just interested).

Hopefully one of these days I'll get to go to Canada and hang out ... I always say that 'if I simply had to move to another country, I'd want to move to Canada' ... you know, one of those scenario things you ask your mates down the pub or whatever.

One of those questions that usually gets followed by "who would shag out of the following..." :p

Neil
21-Jul-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, it's holiday footage isn't it, and nor are you formally trained, so indeed it's rather good.

Was it on a Hi8 camera, or 1ccd miniDV, do you know? (Just interested).

Hopefully one of these days I'll get to go to Canada and hang out ... I always say that 'if I simply had to move to another country, I'd want to move to Canada' ... you know, one of those scenario things you ask your mates down the pub or whatever.

One of those questions that usually gets followed by "who would shag out of the following..." :p

It's a (now) very old Hi8...

DawnGirl27
04-Oct-2008, 12:46 PM
Wow - great video, Neil. I especially loved how you captured the mist over the lake, Niagra and the rainbow, and the animals. My sis-in-law is originally from Toronto (after she married my brother, moved here but goes back to visit often), and she still has her accent. And, like the McKenzie brothers, actually does say, 'Take off, eh?', and 'You hoser.' :D

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2008, 11:24 PM
I found myself putting and "eh" on the end of a lot of sentences today, and I do quite often generally actually ... I must visit Canada some day, I'd really like to see it.

I guess Canada is like America's Scotland, you know ... so I guess with me being Scottish that explains the adopting of "eh" ... bu in my accent, not a Canadian accent. :)