PDA

View Full Version : Dawn quiz

horrormad
29-Jul-2008, 10:52 AM
1.Did (Peter/Fran/Roger and Flyboy) kill all the original zombies In the shopping mall?

2.Who broke the window on the roof to get Into thew mall?

3.After Peter served the dinner to Fran and Flyboy where did he go after that?

4.What did Peter's grandfather tell him?

5.How many zombies where there In the airport?

6.In the airport when Peter pointed a gun at flyboy what did Peter tell him?

7.Who was the first person to get killed In the movie?

8.Who was enjoying themselves killing the zombies?

9.What was tom savini called In the movie?

10.Which character didnt smoke out of the 4 of them?

SymphonicX
29-Jul-2008, 11:26 AM
haha cool man, I'll go along with this:)

1) well technically no because some of the original zombies ended up outside and made it through the whole movie without being killed - weapon zombie, fat guy on escalator, nurse etc etc...but if they're an exception then yeah they must have because they lived there for months!
2) Roger
3) Roger's grave
4) Erm.....bit too obvious that one...it's the tagline to the movie.
5) 5 - heli zombie, the bald guy that Flyboy kills, plaid shirt zombie and two children
6) You never point a gun at anyone mister, scary...isn't it? Isn't it.....
7) Roy Tucker, new swat guy who gets capped in the head by none other than John Amplas
8) Roger, the bikers, pretty much everyone got a kick from it apart from Fran, even Stephen had his day but he couldn't shoot for ****
9) Blades...come on, too easy!!
10) Stephen was the only non-smoker of the four.

---------------

Let's make this more difficult

1) Romero appeared as a zombie, which one?
2) Name the manufacturer of the fake blood that Savini uses
3) Name the lighting director of Dawn
4) The casting director of this movie also had a big part in Romero's past, who was he and what did he do?
5) Name the other Romero film that Jim Baffico (Wooley) appeared in.
6) Where was the tenement basement scene filmed?
7) A zombie famously moves after it's killed on screen, breaking the illusion, where did this happen in the film and what zombie was it?
8) Who's voice screams "Wanna see my whirly bird??" in the background of the raider's radio transmission?
9) The civil defense logo appears on the TV broadcasts when the four first hole up in the upstairs of the mall, where else does it appear in this scene?
10) What does Peter shoot out of Blade's hand?
11) The screwdriver zombie also worked on other Romero movies, name something else he did in the Dead series.
12) When Peter gets his super powered rifle, we are treated to a few in-scope headshot of zombies - how did Savini create the huge holes in the zombie's heads that appear with each shot?
13) make of the car that they drive through the mall?

Try those!

horrormad
29-Jul-2008, 11:30 AM

1) well technically no because some of the original zombies ended up outside and made it through the whole movie without being killed - weapon zombie, fat guy on escalator, nurse etc etc...but if they're an exception then yeah they must have because they lived there for months!
2) Roger
3) Roger's grave
4) Erm.....bit too obvious that one...it's the tagline to the movie.
5) 5 - heli zombie, the bald guy that Flyboy kills, plaid shirt zombie and two children
6) You never point a gun at anyone mister, scary...isn't it? Isn't it.....
7) Roy Tucker, new swat guy who gets capped in the head by none other than John Amplas
8) Roger, the bikers, pretty much everyone got a kick from it apart from Fran, even Stephen had his day but he couldn't shoot for ****
9) Blades...come on, too easy!!
10) Stephen was the only non-smoker of the four.

You answered 9 correct very good.

I will try your quiz later on and I will make a very difficult one because that was just a starter.

Bub666
29-Jul-2008, 04:53 PM
Didn't Peter break the window on the roof of the mall?

Yojimbo
29-Jul-2008, 05:19 PM
Symph, there were six at the airport. You missed the one that Steve kept hitting in the chest with the rifle, before Roger stepped up and knocked Steve's rifle out of the way and dropped him. (The zombie with the 70's hair)

Bub is right, Peter broke the window, not Roger.

horrormad
29-Jul-2008, 05:22 PM
Didn't Peter break the window on the roof of the mall?

Yes he did.

Bub666
29-Jul-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes he did.

Thats what I thought.I was just about to watch Dawn to make sure.

horrormad
29-Jul-2008, 05:28 PM
Thats what I thought.I was just about to watch Dawn to make sure.

Trust me mate I have seen dawn so many times you would not believe I am posotive that It was Peter that broke the window.

Yojimbo
29-Jul-2008, 05:32 PM

Let's make this more difficult

1) Romero appeared as a zombie, which one?
2) Name the manufacturer of the fake blood that Savini uses
3) Name the lighting director of Dawn
4) The casting director of this movie also had a big part in Romero's past, who was he and what did he do?
5) Name the other Romero film that Jim Baffico (Wooley) appeared in.
6) Where was the tenement basement scene filmed?
7) A zombie famously moves after it's killed on screen, breaking the illusion, where did this happen in the film and what zombie was it?
8) Who's voice screams "Wanna see my whirly bird??" in the background of the raider's radio transmission?
9) The civil defense logo appears on the TV broadcasts when the four first hole up in the upstairs of the mall, where else does it appear in this scene?
10) What does Peter shoot out of Blade's hand?
11) The screwdriver zombie also worked on other Romero movies, name something else he did in the Dead series.
12) When Peter gets his super powered rifle, we are treated to a few in-scope headshot of zombies - how did Savini create the huge holes in the zombie's heads that appear with each shot?
13) make of the car that they drive through the mall?

Try those!

1. Romero appears as a zombie wearing a scarf, with his arm over his face, in the background.
2. 3M
3. Oh, dude, I forgot this one!
4. John Ampalas, who also was in the tenement roof scene. Jury is out as to whether or not he was supposed to be Martinez, but it seems that Ampalas himself believes that he was. Ampalas was also Martin in Martin.
5. Knightriders
6. Latent Image? Just a guess.
7. Workout leotard zombie gets smashed by Sledge, then moves when a teepee falls near her while she is laying on the floor
8. Jeeze, could be anyone. Maybe Savini, or maybe Taso?
9. On the Emergency Supply boxes.
10. I always thought is was a walkie talkie, but some say it was a bottle.
11. Harrison also did the soundtrack to Day
12. Lid of a can instead of a small button
13. VW Sirrocco

Sorry about the guesses!

Mike70
29-Jul-2008, 05:56 PM
3. name the lighting director - carl augenstein. just watched document of the dead the other day and he has several interview segments in it.

capncnut
29-Jul-2008, 06:13 PM
While this is indeed a GAR related topic, all word games are to be posted in The Lounge.

Moved.

DawnFan inCincy
29-Jul-2008, 11:33 PM
I believe Romero was the scarf zombie in Day (which I only mention as this was a Dawn quiz).

I was at the HorrorHound Pittsburgh Con where both Amplas and G Joe Shelby were in attendance and Shelby both signed items and had a banner which referred to him as "Martinez". I had always believed Amplas to be Martinez.

SymphonicX
30-Jul-2008, 07:25 AM
Trust me mate I have seen dawn so many times you would not believe I am posotive that It was Peter that broke the window.

I actually meant to write peter but wrote roger without realising....ugh

1. Romero appears as a zombie wearing a scarf, with his arm over his face, in the background.
2. 3M
3. Oh, dude, I forgot this one!
4. John Ampalas, who also was in the tenement roof scene. Jury is out as to whether or not he was supposed to be Martinez, but it seems that Ampalas himself believes that he was. Ampalas was also Martin in Martin.
5. Knightriders
6. Latent Image? Just a guess.
7. Workout leotard zombie gets smashed by Sledge, then moves when a teepee falls near her while she is laying on the floor
8. Jeeze, could be anyone. Maybe Savini, or maybe Taso?
9. On the Emergency Supply boxes.
10. I always thought is was a walkie talkie, but some say it was a bottle.
11. Harrison also did the soundtrack to Day
12. Lid of a can instead of a small button
13. VW Sirrocco

Sorry about the guesses!

Yeah you did well man!

And yeah it is Savini screaming "wanna see my whirly bird" in the background...he admits this on the BMG commentary I think.

horrormad
30-Jul-2008, 09:27 AM
I actually meant to write peter but wrote roger without realising....ugh

Doesnt really matter our mind does that sometimes but you did good
I will post another quiz sometime today but It will be much harder.

Yojimbo
31-Jul-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah you did well man!

And yeah it is Savini screaming "wanna see my whirly bird" in the background...he admits this on the BMG commentary I think.

Thanks Symph!

Good quiz too. Obviously put together by a zombie freak or true believer since a layperson would never even think to ask those questions!

I believe Romero was the scarf zombie in Day (which I only mention as this was a Dawn quiz).

I was at the HorrorHound Pittsburgh Con where both Amplas and G Joe Shelby were in attendance and Shelby both signed items and had a banner which referred to him as "Martinez". I had always believed Amplas to be Martinez.

You are right, DawnFan, that scarf zombie made a brief appearance in DAY (I think as they are pushing a cart past the camera, you can see the GAR's "lucky scarf" dangling fro the top of the picture. But as can be seen on Document of the Dead, Romero is standing in one scene with the zombies, wearing his scarf while holding his arm in front of his mouth and chin, presumably to make it less difficult to identify him in the scene. Truthfully, I do not know if he is visible in any of the final cuts, either as the scarf zombie or as Santa Claus Biker.