PDA

View Full Version : Neil Fawcett appreciaton thread

major jay
10-Aug-2008, 06:55 PM
I just wanted to thank Neil for having the balls to provide a forum where free speech is still important. (never thinking the more of how ugly it can get). you da man.

Yojimbo
10-Aug-2008, 07:03 PM
I just wanted to thank Neil for having the balls to provide a forum where free speech is still important. (never thinking the more of how ugly it can get). you da man.

I agree. Cheers to Neil!
Free speech can get messy, but I appreciate that we are lucky enough to have been provided a forum where we can share our views, however different they may be.

SymphonicX
10-Aug-2008, 07:22 PM
Just remember, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to be a c**t....

Something I'm a huge advocate of....

Gotta say I love this board and always feel the moderation is spot on, this site is very cool so am happy to add my name to a list of appreciation.

Yojimbo
10-Aug-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree with Symphonix, and at the risk of sounding too "ass kissy" I salute all the mods here for doing a kick ass job fighting the good fight.

Neil
10-Aug-2008, 07:32 PM
Just remember, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to be a c**t....LOL :D

1) Don't forget, most importantly, there's a number of people who keep this forum running, most who do far more moderation for example than I do...

2) It's an impossible task - You try and allow people to express themselves a little, and that will too much for some, and not enough for others. All we can do is muddle along on hopefully about the right path... We will never be 100% right, but as long as we're generally right, that is the best we can hope for :) So remember to give the moderators a break every now and then as it's an impossibe task sometimes...

Andy
10-Aug-2008, 07:37 PM

Come on neil, you know your only allowed one account :elol:

capncnut
10-Aug-2008, 07:38 PM
Bwaaa. :lol:

Mike70
10-Aug-2008, 07:39 PM

beaten to it again. darn.:lol:

i thought freedom to be a cu*t was like a god given constitutional right or at least there are some dildos around here who act like it is.

if i have anything to thank neil and the mods for it is putting up with me for almost 10 years.:D:p

Bub666
10-Aug-2008, 07:53 PM

Something I'm a huge advocate of....

Gotta say I love this board and always feel the moderation is spot on, this site is very cool so am happy to add my name to a list of appreciation.

I agree.

Neil
10-Aug-2008, 08:04 PM

LOL :)

slickwilly13
10-Aug-2008, 08:14 PM
Who's Neil Fawcett ? ;) *L*

strayrider
10-Aug-2008, 08:16 PM
I think it's fantastic that this site and these forums have lasted for as long as they have. Great dedication from all involved!

:D

-stray-

ps -- The definition of c**t depends on which side of the fence you're sitting, I suppose.

Mike70
10-Aug-2008, 10:08 PM
Who's Neil Fawcett ? ;) *L*

didn't christopher walken play that guy in some movie?

Neil
11-Aug-2008, 08:45 AM
didn't christopher walken play that guy in some movie?

Actually, it was Brad Pitt, but many people complained he just couldn't quite pull it off...

MinionZombie
11-Aug-2008, 09:59 AM
Woo Neil! Woo! ... ... that is all. :)

I think we should get this guy on board too:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff202/nanoreid/lolcat-funny-picture-modera.jpg

Mike70
11-Aug-2008, 12:10 PM
Actually, it was Brad Pitt, but many people complained he just couldn't quite pull it off...

i guess your alpha physique is just too sexy for film...:)

mista_mo
11-Aug-2008, 12:41 PM
I want to smear myself on all of the fine staff of this forum.

Been a member here for a good...4 or 5 years, and in that relatively short time, I have grown a lot more mature (lol wut?) and intelligent.

I contribute that (somewhat at least) too being exposed to new ideas and the influences of various people and members of this place. I may not agree with everything that is said, but you are all f*cking awesome individuals who have helped turn my young innocent mind into a claustrophobic, sexually repressed he-man with a penchant for fine song and dance. This forum has allowed me to also tap deeper into my head and bring my imagination to life in the form of writing, and given me confidence enough to show what I write out to other people, and accept criticism.

All the years on here have made it seem (too me anyways) that we we are a big family. Yea we don't agree with each other all the time (sometimes we never do) and we'll always have our bouts of self righteousness and animosity, but in the end, well, we're still here, and many of us have been coming here for years on end.

Thanks for all the memories, learning, and personal growth these forums have enabled me to attain, and the wonderful people I am proud to share my internet musings with.

MinionZombie
11-Aug-2008, 01:22 PM
Indeed, it's a kick ass community, and I myself have been coming here now for a decade this year. :)

It's been interesting to see the forum itself change over time, see the members change, come and go and so on. This is the third incarnation of HPOTD I've seen. First it was DiscussionApp, then Loom, now VBB.

Memories...

AcesandEights
11-Aug-2008, 01:39 PM
Neil, you da man, son! And, now that I know your last name, I can totally steal your identity and become the man, too :)

DawnGirl27
04-Oct-2008, 12:31 PM
It really does make a huge difference when the webmaster is personally involved, open-minded, and, well, awesomely cool, like Neil. :D You rock, man!