PDA

View Full Version : monroeville mall

ipotts85
02-May-2006, 07:22 PM
visited monroeville mall for the first time this past weekend - pretty exciting, although it has changed greatly. some of the memorable landmarks still exist though, and i took the chance to stand on the upper jc penney balcony (should've slid down the escalator too!)...

anyone else been?

dmbfanintn
02-May-2006, 07:58 PM
Yep, see my pictures in the bits and pieces section of this site!

Monrozombi
02-May-2006, 08:29 PM
I have a ton since my first trip in June 99, you'll see an evolution of it @ my site www.WGONZombieWatch.com

Dawg
02-May-2006, 08:44 PM
The 25th or so Dawn of the Dead reunion and a year or so ago when me and the wife came back from our vacation from visiting the nation's capital. I wanted to show her the mall and I mentioned running into Monrozombi and his then girlfriend (now wife!). That was pretty cool though when I only had one picture to go on and I wasn't even looking for him. Weird. (That was during the 25th reunion.)

:dead: Dawg

glsjaw
02-May-2006, 09:19 PM
its sad to say but only living like 30 mins from there it doesnt really impress me to much i guess, but then again someone out there is getting tired of doing jessica alba too.

CoinReturn
02-May-2006, 09:22 PM
I took a road trip there with some friends while the mall was in the middle of remodeling a few years ago. We snuck in to the back hallway where the boiler room was, but we thought we heard a noise so we pussied out and ran away. There was this white trash girl making a big scene in the food court too. Good times.

Track1033
03-May-2006, 12:00 AM
been there quite a few times...live pretty close...have yet to take my camera to get some pics...someday though...

HLS
03-May-2006, 04:21 AM
visited monroeville mall for the first time this past weekend - pretty exciting, although it has changed greatly. some of the memorable landmarks still exist though, and i took the chance to stand on the upper jc penney balcony (should've slid down the escalator too!)...

anyone else been?

Yep. I grew up there.Thats cool I wish I could turn back time and go back to the mall the way it was in the 70's:D My mother worked at that JCPenney that year the movie was made. SO much has changed since then. I remember that Jcpenny had a very nice family restaurant in it right across from the salon. None of this fast food crap but a real restaurant. Life was grand in the 70's.

Heidi

axlish
03-May-2006, 01:28 PM
I went there in April 03, and again in August 04.

The construction hurt to look at, but at least they are remodeling the front which wasn't used in the film except for a couple of shots.

The ultimate defacement came with the removal of the ice skating rink, clock tower,fountain and stairs, long before I ever vistited. No matter what they do to the place, they cannot change the basic guts of the place. The hull will always rings echos of The Gonk.

Philly_SWAT
03-May-2006, 05:37 PM
You know how they are stars, green boxes and rep power on the left side of all our posts? I think that there should be some type of symbol to denote which of the true devotees have visited all the main sites from the dead movies. And people who live nearby get less points than the rest of us. I have visited the mall, awesome! Got a tour from the sweater zombie and the nurse zombie. See my site for pics if you wish.

imamazed
03-May-2006, 07:26 PM
I live in UK :(

ipotts85
03-May-2006, 07:28 PM
better start saving for that plane ticket.

HLS
04-May-2006, 04:29 AM
You know how they are stars, green boxes and rep power on the left side of all our posts? I think that there should be some type of symbol to denote which of the true devotees have visited all the main sites from the dead movies. And people who live nearby get less points than the rest of us. I have visited the mall, awesome! Got a tour from the sweater zombie and the nurse zombie. See my site for pics if you wish.

I enjoyed the photos on your webpage. its very cool that you were able to be photographed with George.

cinezombi
08-May-2006, 08:53 AM
I went to Ft. Myers about last week alot of the Day locations look the same.
They were doing road construction on first st. and there was a wedding at the federal building
www.flickr.com/cinezombi

Here is a link to my flickr site I have more phots than these drop me a email at cinezombi@yahoo.com Flickr has a limit of picture you can download per month.