PDA

View Full Version : the zombies that ate pittsburgh - rare book

ipotts85
03-May-2006, 03:05 AM
"The Zombies That Ate Pittsbirgh"

very rare book, used, but in excellent condition. asking $50 plus shipping (sells for between $80-120 on the internet)...PM me if interested.

Adrenochrome
03-May-2006, 05:37 PM
it's really not that rare. you can buy it online any day of the week. (new on Amazon):p

ipotts85
03-May-2006, 06:38 PM
it's rare in the sense that it doesn't cost $120, and there really aren't that many copies floating around, especially for this price and in this condition...

Adrenochrome
03-May-2006, 06:44 PM
it's rare in the sense that it doesn't cost $120, and there really aren't that many copies floating around, especially for this price and in this condition...
there are quite a few of them floating around, actually.

in a NEW condition it's $58.99 - I bought mine "used" (and in MINT condition) for $25.00 at a "half price bookstore" here in Yee Haa Kansas City. It really is NOT that rare. I suggest trying to sell it to some of the kids down the street from your Lemonade Stand. :)

ipotts85
03-May-2006, 07:34 PM
right...umm...who cares? if you don't want it, don't buy it - you got a great (and rare) deal - i'm very happy for you. The only 'new' copies of this book are NOS - it's been out of print for many years...thus making a like new, mint copy, rare. many copies range from 60-120 dollars, and it is not an item that comes up on eBay very often.

that's it! i'm putting you back on my ignore list - this is what i get for giving the guy another chance.

so here is an amended description:
a rare, mint condition copy of paul cagne's "the zombies that ate pittsburgh." $50 plus shipping. For sale to everyone BUT Adrenochrome. PM if interested.

Zombie-A-GoGo
03-May-2006, 11:11 PM
Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0396085202/ref=dp_olp_2/104-1569120-7018341?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Looks to me that if this is indeed in mint condition, it's a sweet deal. It has been out of print for a while (I don't think it ever went into a second printing), it is generally considered a collector's item (or, at least, has been for quite afew years now) and yes, you usually have to pay a good bit for it, if you want it in good condition. My boyfriend got me mine two years ago as a birthday present--great condition, I can't recall the price, but I'm sure it was over $120.

ipotts85
03-May-2006, 11:13 PM
thank you. someone who ISN'T talking out of their ass.

Deadman_Deluxe
03-May-2006, 11:18 PM
Lol :D

While it IS out of print AND pretty rare, i have two copies, both in mint condition ... the second copy i actually picked up from a guy in germany, on eBay just a few months ago ... for the mindblowing price of $12.55!!!

I think the fact it was in germany and the german guy didn't accept paypal put all the amerikan bidders off as no one else except for a zero feedback guy put any bids in.

Starting price of just $10.00 of course. Though i am not arguing the fact that this book IS worth AT LEAST $50.00 and does VERY often sell for a whole lot more! If i didn't already have a copy myself ... i would be happy to pay $50.00 for it ;)

If no one takes you up on your offer here, you should throw it up on eBay with a starting price of $50.00 ... im sure you will get that or more.

ipotts85
04-May-2006, 12:49 AM
in german?! i hope your other copy is in english!

Deadman_Deluxe
04-May-2006, 02:17 AM
I said the book was in Germany ... not in German :D

ipotts85
04-May-2006, 02:25 AM
haha
duh

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 03:27 PM
thank you. someone who ISN'T talking out of their ass.
No need to be so crass. If honesty bothers you....well, that's another issue all-together.

ipotts85
04-May-2006, 06:27 PM
not bothered - annoyed.

Danny
04-May-2006, 07:15 PM
so whats it about?

never mind. i just got it.

MikePizzoff
23-May-2006, 05:32 PM
I have this book sitting in front of me. My girl rented it out of the library at her college for me. I've been procrastinating on reading it so she's been continually re-checking it out. I'm about to convince her to just let me keep it... I never realized how expensive and rare it is!

Of course this copy is pretty damn beat up and has writing in it, from students over the years. But, oh well.

ipotts85
24-May-2006, 09:22 PM
that's where i stole (err...borrowed) mine from...

Philly_SWAT
24-May-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I got my copy off of ebay a couple of years ago. Seems like I paid a total of $30 for the book and shipping. I remember that being an excellent deal, I had been watching ebay for months specifically to get the book, and most of the time it ended up going for around $100 + shipping.

Svengoolie
25-May-2006, 05:53 AM
It's a must-have for EVERY GAR fan.

I got mine almost twenty years ago, and have read it several times.

I wish Gagne would come out with a second edition chronicaling GAR's work post-Day....

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 01:53 AM
this is very off topic but when looking for this and zombie related stuff on ebay it also added a few simon pegg things ,because of shaun obviously and i saw the spaced soundtrack for £165!!!!!.

random,i know, but damn its amazing what some things cost once they begin to get a "cult" following.

tju1973
06-Jun-2006, 02:57 PM
there are quite a few of them floating around, actually.

in a NEW condition it's $58.99 - I bought mine "used" (and in MINT condition) for $25.00 at a "half price bookstore" here in Yee Haa Kansas City. It really is NOT that rare. I suggest trying to sell it to some of the kids down the street from your Lemonade Stand. :)

I too got mine at Half Price Books in McKinney Texas---

I bought it, "Sword and Dagger"-- the first Battletech book and pretty rare-, a couple of Star Wars novels in HB, and 3 or 4 Wingman books I was needing for about $25 TOTAL.

I aint paying $120 bucks for any book-- unless it has Shania Twain and Faith Hill going at it naked-- and covered in oil...

:)

crashmaster
29-Sep-2006, 12:52 AM
I came across this post rather late, but was wondering what number your copy is. Or is it the paperback ?

Thanks.

Danny
29-Sep-2006, 01:58 AM
I got mine almost twenty years ago, and have read it several times.

i just noticed this, so reading a book 7 times over 2 decades is some kind of acomplishment?:rolleyes:

crashmaster
29-Sep-2006, 06:19 PM
Hellsing,

What a helpful post, so glad this forum isn't full of trolls. I'm sure you're a credit to someone somewhere.

I too bought mine many years ago and have read it several times, after all, it is a reference work.

Eyebiter
01-Oct-2006, 12:19 AM
It's a good read.