PDA

View Full Version : US Release coming very soon!!!

hydro
14-Aug-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey guys,

Good news, the US release is finally happening. I can't give the official date yet until i've had clarification, but it will be before the end of the year. Its been a long wait but I hope its worth it for you all you US zombie lovers. I'll confirm here as soon as i've had formal confirmation.

I received a copy of the German release the other week and was hilarious to see the film dubbed into German. They did a fantastic job with the tin cased 2disc special edition though I must say. So far its my favourite version as its anamorphic and in English too. Also there's a better version of the sound mix on the making of documentary.

The US release should be similar - anamorphic print with lots of extras.

Best,

Kevin

AcesandEights
14-Aug-2008, 07:05 PM
Nice! I've wanted a copy of this for a while.

I'll keep my eyes open for details :)

capncnut
14-Aug-2008, 07:22 PM
Bloomin' 'eck, Kev. Cool to see you back on.

Nice to hear TZD is still out there doing the rounds, I thought it was great. Out of interest, does the German 2 disc job have anything the UK edition doesn't?

Good luck with the US release! :thumbsup:

MinionZombie
14-Aug-2008, 07:29 PM
Indeed, jolly good show. I'm glad it's finally gonna be coming out in America.

I snatched it up on a pre-order last year and quite enjoyed it. :cool:

hydro
14-Aug-2008, 09:57 PM
Had confirmation now. November 18th for the US release via Dimension Extreme!!!

The German release has the same extras. The only difference is that the picture is anamorphically enhanced. The UK version is letterboxed 1.85:1.

For me personally its just so cool seeing my movie dubbed into a different language and released in a tin case special edition. We had a few beers and laughed our way through the dubbing I can tell you.

Its done very well in Europe and was number 1 in the dvd charts in Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Its strange as I didn't even know this until a week or so later when someone told me. When you get a movie released across the world it is amazing how little the film-makers know what is going on with it :)

I think its also doing really well in Australia too. Haven't heard about Germany yet as it was literally out a week or two ago.

capncnut
14-Aug-2008, 10:18 PM

The German release has the same extras. The only difference is that the picture is anamorphically enhanced. The UK version is letterboxed 1.85:1.

For me personally its just so cool seeing my movie dubbed into a different language and released in a tin case special edition. We had a few beers and laughed our way through the dubbing I can tell you.

Its done very well in Europe and was number 1 in the dvd charts in Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Its strange as I didn't even know this until a week or so later when someone told me. When you get a movie released across the world it is amazing how little the film-makers know what is going on with it :)

I think its also doing really well in Australia too. Haven't heard about Germany yet as it was literally out a week or two ago.
Awesome news, Kev!

As it happens, the first time I saw Dawn Of The Dead in German, I was pissing myself with laughter throughout so I totally know what you mean. "VOOOLLLEEEY!" :lol:

And yeah, you US zombites check TDZ out. I'm sure most of you wont be disappointed.

Bub666
15-Aug-2008, 04:17 AM
Thats great news.I've been waitting to see this movie.

Neil
19-Aug-2008, 10:02 PM

...so... when's the sequel :)