PDA

View Full Version : Zombies Take Charlotte

knuttz
22-Aug-2008, 12:09 AM
My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. This is probably the coolest thing to ever hit Charlotte NC. George Romero will be here and they are playing his movies!!! I think i am going to every one.

http://zombiestakecharlotte.com/

Details:

Friday, Sept. 19th

7pm
Opening Night Celebration Screening: “Night of the Living Dead”
McGlohon Theatre, Spirit Square
345 N. College St., Charlotte, NC 28202 (Center City Charlotte)

Tickets: $20.00 in advance
$25.00 at the door [ buy tickets ]

The Light Factory presents the 40th anniversary of “Night of the Living Dead,” the film classic that revolutionized the horror genre with special guest, Director George A. Romero.

Also featuring the winning entry of “The American Zombie Horror Film Contest,” selected by Romero himself sponsored by Creative Loafing (logo needed).

Q&A following film with George A. Romero.

Saturday, Sept. 20th

12noon
Film Screening: “Season of the Witch”
Neighborhood Theatre
511 E. 36th St., Charlotte, NC 28205 (NoDa Arts District)

Tickets: $10.00 in advance
$15.00 at the door [ buy tickets ]

When desperate housewives turn to witchcraft… Q&A following film with special guest, Director George A. Romero

2pm
Film Screening: “Martin”
Neighborhood Theatre

Tickets: $10.00 in advance
$15.00 at the door [ buy tickets ]

Bring your fangs as The Light Factory presents George Romero's 1977 twisted teenage vampire movie with special guest, Director George A. Romero.

9pm Midnight Dread
Zombie party & costume contest featuring live music (or un-live music)
Midnight screening of “Diary of the Dead”
Neighborhood Theatre

Tickets: $20.00 in advance
$25.00 at the door [ buy tickets ]

Zombies Awake! Join us for a nighttime feast of music, brains, a costume contest, brains, prizes, brains and midnight screening of George A. Romero's latest film, "Diary of the Dead."

Sunday, Sept. 21st

12noon
Seminar: “One on One” with George A. Romero
Ballantyne Village Theater
14815 John J Delaney Dr., Charlotte, NC 28277 (Johnston Rd. at I-485)

Tickets: $35.00 in advance
$40.00 at the door [ buy tickets ]

The Light Factory presents a special opportunity for students, film buffs and filmmakers to interact with, ask questions of and hear from the master of independent horror cinema, Director George A. Romero.

2pm
Film Screening: “Dawn of the Dead”

Tickets: $8.00 in advance
$10.00 at the door [ buy tickets ]

The Light Factory presents this 1978installment of the “Dead” series that will make you think twice before your next shopping spree… featuring Director George A. Romero.

4pm
Film Screening: “The Crazies”

Tickets: $8.00 in advance
$10.00 at the door [ buy tickets ]

The Light Factory presents a biological nightmare, George A. Romero's 1973 tale of an early weapon of mass destruction and US Army’s “heroic” rescue.

Need overnight accommodations in Charlotte? Click here for Holiday Inn-Center City Package
"Un-dead and Ready to Party"

Thanks to our Honorary Event Chair: Anthony Foxx and Event Chair: Steve Partridge

clanglee
22-Aug-2008, 02:52 AM
Oh My God!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you man , thank you sooooooooooooo much. I live right next to Charlotte and had NO idea this was happening. Thanks new guy!!!!!!!

AND it's on my Birthday!!!!!!!

Bub666
22-Aug-2008, 03:05 AM
I wish I lived near Charlotte.It sounds like it's going to be great.

TheSeasonOfFire
22-Aug-2008, 03:13 AM
Man, that's not too bad a drive from Greensboro. I am so tempted to duck outta work for this.

clanglee
22-Aug-2008, 07:37 PM
I really cannot tell you how excited I am about this. I am absolutely floored by this news, and the fact that it snuck by me. Things like this NEVER come to this area, so. . . wow.

capncnut
22-Aug-2008, 07:42 PM
If you go, be sure to let us know how it went, Clang buddy. :thumbsup:

clanglee
22-Aug-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh I will go, and I will report. No doubt about that! Book!!

knuttz
23-Aug-2008, 01:42 AM
I really cannot tell you how excited I am about this. I am absolutely floored by this news, and the fact that it snuck by me. Things like this NEVER come to this area, so. . . wow.

I know I had to reread the website twice. I just couldn't believe this was happening in NC. By the way I've been lurking on this site for about three years. I'm not much for posting on message boards but had to sign up to let everyone know about GAR in Charlotte.

clanglee
23-Aug-2008, 08:27 AM
I know I had to reread the website twice. I just couldn't believe this was happening in NC. By the way I've been lurking on this site for about three years. I'm not much for posting on message boards but had to sign up to let everyone know about GAR in Charlotte.

Well I for one thank you sir!!:D

clanglee
25-Aug-2008, 10:21 PM
****!!!!!!

The Light Factory and Reel Soul Cinema announce the postponement of our upcoming film retrospective, American Zombie: George A. Romero's Film Revolution from Sept. 19-21, 2008 to a new weekend in February, still to be determined.

The postponement is due to the exciting news that Mr. Romero has been green-lighted for production on his next new film being produced by Fox Studios and starting production on Sept. 22nd of this year. We are saddened by the date conflict with this new production but eagerly anticipate his arrival here in February after completing this film. We anticipate that it will give us even more opportunities to discuss, educate, entertain and elucidate the regional audience on the importance and cultural significance of Mr. Romero's work. And perhaps, screen rough cuts of his latest film! We will be honoring all ticket holders that have purchased tickets to this event at this time during the February event and request that they keep all their tickets and receipts. Please contact wfishman@lightfactory.org if you have any questions.

Well, that answer's the question about how he was gonna be in Charlotte while filming. :(

Yojimbo
26-Aug-2008, 12:10 AM
****!!!!!!

Well, that answer's the question about how he was gonna be in Charlotte while filming. :(

If it's any consolation to you (not that it would be) if this happens in Feb. 2009, my wife and I might float up that way to catch this, so I'll take you for drinks, brother clang.

clanglee
26-Aug-2008, 12:17 AM
Well, that would indeed be cool Jimbo!!! But you are right, it is small consolation. I was very much looking foward to this. . . :(

knuttz
02-Sep-2008, 04:16 PM
Well I guess I am excited about the new project but I was really looking forward to September.

clanglee
05-Sep-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah, me too.:(

clanglee
06-Dec-2008, 03:12 AM
So this has been Rescheduled, and the new dates are up!!!! Oh happy day!!!

clanglee
18-Jan-2009, 05:39 AM
Whooo hoooo!!!! bought my tickets. Only thing I'm missing is Season of the Witch and the party with the Diary screening. Excited!!!!

DrSiN
09-Feb-2009, 05:16 PM
My tickets arrived on Saturday. I'm skipping the first day and a half but will be at the midnight party on Saturday and everything on Sunday.

clanglee
17-Feb-2009, 09:04 PM
Right on. . I'm skipping Season and the party. . but going to everything else.