PDA

View Full Version : What is your nickname and why?

Chic Freak
29-Aug-2008, 08:16 PM
I like it when people have nicknames and was wondering who here has one, and how you got it?

For myself:

"Min" (my family): short for Minnie the Minx because I used to read The Beano :)

"Goff" (my school friends): ironic use of what the "townie" element of the school used to call me ;)

"Chicky" (on here, it seems): corruption of Chic, obviously, but I think it's cute.

"Snoo" (Liam): neither of us have any idea where this came from.

"Anita" (most of the people I work with): my model alias. Most people think it's my real name, others know it isn't but can't be bothered to remember two names!

My real name is actually Amy, but not many people call me that these days!

How about you guys?

PS: Sorry if this is supposed to be in The Lounge, I wasn't sure.

Mike70
29-Aug-2008, 08:35 PM
martian. a corruption of my last name.

other than that it has pretty much always been just mike.

Tricky
29-Aug-2008, 08:47 PM
Mines Tricky,just because im called Richard,although "tart" and "sharky" have been applied to me as well :lol:
I dont see a lot of the people who knew me as tricky now though,old school & childhood friends,most people ive met in the last few years just know me as Rich

Danny
29-Aug-2008, 10:07 PM
pretty much just danny, ive never been called daniel by anyone other than 60 year old teachers form primary school, blehc, sounds like the name of a cult member to me.

MinionZombie
29-Aug-2008, 10:33 PM
Ah man, I've never had a cool nickname.

I just get called "Nick", which I prefer, but it's not exactly a nickname is it?

Either that or I was called, by some people at high school, Tommo - a morphing of my surname. It was generally used by the sporty types when they were in the sort of mood that they were being nice and moderately interested that I was in their vicinity (and I was only there by force of my timetable :lol:).

Otherwise I've been called "Nicky T", which again isn't original or interesting, but it's nice anyway.

I'm thinking about my mates, and there's not necessarily a lot of nicknaming, usually shortening of surnames and names, or like with one mate still calling him by his surname which he no longer possesses (just by force of habit over the years).

There's one we call "Sully" or "Sully Woo" or just "Woo", as his surname is Sullivan. Otherwise I often call people by their actual names, e.g. Ben, Jim, Knox.

Emma (as seen in "Trapped" that I did in 2005, as well as 2004's "my NIGHTMARE") gets a variety of initial-based nicknamery, simply "ECB" or "ekkabuh", so it's something interesting like.

I've rambled on long enough now I think ... so yeah ... Nick or Nicky T ... :p

DjfunkmasterG
29-Aug-2008, 11:19 PM
Well on Here it is Dj or Deej (prefer Deej)

Real World it is, Gare to some friends, G-Man, or U - Gare - Ick (put a tongue roll on Gare) Which is part of my last name, which is Ugarek. And sort of the proper pronounciation.

School friends it has always been Mr. G, G-man, or G-spot. (Mostly the girls called me G-spot :D)

To family it is just Gary (Mom's side - the irish side) to my italian side of the family it is Ga-dy (they can't seem to pronounce the "R") My step fathers side (polish, where I got my Ugarek last name) it is just "G"

I prefer Deej, Gare, or G-man. However, the ladies can call me G-spot :p (cause I never miss it. :p)

CornishCorpse
29-Aug-2008, 11:27 PM
Pear- No idea

Pepsi- No idea

Peregrin/ took- For some reason people always think that Peri is short for peregrin.

Perence- The head chef at the place I work says Im not british enough so made it up to make me more british.

Pip- A way to annoy pure and simple

Quote lad- I write quite abit and am apt enough with words so write words at the right time are as my friends say a "Fecking Quote!" so yeah.

Zombie- Wonder why this is? Spent hours this afternoon arguing with a bunch of friends if 28 days was a zombie flick or not and theyre not dead! They are living breathing infected carriers of the virus! They did not die and re-animate! ****ing Mtv generation

Goffick- I live in newquay so therefore if youre not a chav youre a

Vicious- o.o I likes to bite

Freak No1- Can spend youre whole life going oh no Im not so thought what the hell, best friend being number two. Immature but that was secondary school I didnt go for the maturity, I went for the free booze :D

"The Fiend"- I likes my hallucagenics.

Original name being Peri but it seems people need to make their own version o it and ANY kevin and perry remarks will not be tolerated! :mad:

bassman
30-Aug-2008, 12:43 AM
Most people call me by my first name but some friend call me by my last name, Fincher. And sometimes shorten it to Finch for some reason....

Skippy911sc
30-Aug-2008, 02:01 AM
I have been called many things...most of which the board will probably not allow. Most of the time it is just Mark. Of course my name on the board goes WAY back to the days of online play (Original Quake and Q2) everyone had these D&D sort of names so I chose something stupid just to mock them...and it stuck.

Arcades057
30-Aug-2008, 08:06 AM
Most people call me by my first name but some friend call me by my last name, Fincher. And sometimes shorten it to Finch for some reason....

$&$^break!! :p

No cool nicknames to brag about, sorry.

Chic Freak
30-Aug-2008, 09:51 AM
Spent hours this afternoon arguing with a bunch of friends if 28 days was a zombie flick or not and theyre not dead! They are living breathing infected carriers of the virus! They did not die and re-animate! ****ing Mtv generation

Oh dear... we're going to have a disagreement :p

The "monsters" may not technically be zombies in that they're obviously not dead, but the films have the hallmarks of zombie movies. The "zombies" are difficult to kill, impossible to reason with, almost inexhaustible, they eat people, they tend to move in packs or swarms and overpower their victims by sheer numbers, if one kills you you turn into one, it spreads until there's virtually no humans (okay, non-infected humans) left.

Also- you have the small group of human survivors who have to co-operate in order to survive in an apocalyptic sort of situation, the end of civilisation is threatened, and suprise suprise, people just can't seem to get along.

You have the classic scenes of someone saying "but I can't kill x, s/he is my wife/ husband/ child/ parent/ best friend etc etc!" while someone else shouts, "they're not any more!" Then Softie gets munched by their wife/ husband/ child/ parent/ best friend.

Also- highlights the worst sides of human nature e.g. panic, abuse of power, selfishness, greed in emergency situations.

28 Days Later may not contain actual zombies but it is definitely still a zombie movie in my book!

MinionZombie
30-Aug-2008, 10:42 AM
Agggghhhhh!!!

I'm in with Cornish on this issue, it's NOT a zed flick. They're not dead, they're just super-rabid-people.

The movie may have the stylings of a zombie movie, but it's not a zombie movie. It's a plague movie, or indeed an apocalyptic movie.

There are other movies which carry hallmarks of a genre, but just aren't what they look like ... take Meet the Spartans for example, it's got the hallmarks of a comedy - but it just ain't funny in the slightest. :D

EvilNed
30-Aug-2008, 11:08 AM
People call me Ninja. No, I'm not kidding. THe reason being is that many years ago (can't remember how many, exactly, but definetly more than 5), I was acting in a film as a Ninja. Some people who worked on the film didn't know my real name so they just called me Ninja. And it stuck, I guess.

I always, always introduce myself with my real name, and I always write my real name on papers, or on scripts I write. I can't stand people who credit themselves with nicknames. That's just lame.

Mike70
30-Aug-2008, 12:05 PM
I always, always introduce myself with my real name, and I always write my real name on papers, or on scripts I write. I can't stand people who credit themselves with nicknames. That's just lame.

indeed it is lame. grown men going by nicknames they had as 3 year olds like ''buster", "scooter", and "rock" is about as lame as it comes though.

mista_mo
30-Aug-2008, 12:19 PM
lets see....

Chris (my given name)
Chrissy
Chrissy-poo
Chrissy pissy pants
Baldwin
Honeybuns (my night leader gave me this nick name after i got some honey buns from the bakery section)
C-Rob (First letter of first name, with first 3 letters of last name)
Joker
little s*it (curtesy of my dad)
Kipper (my mom used to call me by that when I was a child)
Piglet
rubadub
Roba no show (instead of Robicheau which is my last name, the cleaner at work called me Roba no show because I called in sick to work once)
Canada (cus, like my home country, I am hardcore)
Baldeale
Gravy (I can't even place this one)
psycho (because my friends think i am nuts to f*ck)
Roberto
Little Hitler
That's all I can remember atm...

Danny
30-Aug-2008, 02:11 PM
lets see....

Chris (my given name)
Chrissy
Chrissy-poo
Chrissy pissy pants
Baldwin
Honeybuns (my night leader gave me this nick name after i got some honey buns from the bakery section)
C-Rob (First letter of first name, with first 3 letters of last name)
Joker
little s*it (curtesy of my dad)
Kipper (my mom used to call me by that when I was a child)
Piglet
rubadub
Roba no show (instead of Robicheau which is my last name, the cleaner at work called me Roba no show because I called in sick to work once)
Canada (cus, like my home country, I am hardcore)
Baldeale
Gravy (I can't even place this one)
psycho (because my friends think i am nuts to f*ck)
Roberto
Little Hitler
That's all I can remember atm...

all those names and hes still yet to get a woman to wear nothing but a baconator for him.

RustyHicks
30-Aug-2008, 03:44 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Real name: Russell (and I hate it,) that's why everyone calls me Rusty.
Some call me Rust, others calls me Hicks. In high school some people
called me Cor.Hicks, (because of the charactor in the movie Aliens):confused:
My wife when we were dating use to call me Hicky Hicks :lol:

I have a good friend on this forum who calls me Rusters.

Bad nicks I've been called
Loser
Geek
Nerd
Idiot
B******
Freak:mad:

I could go on but I'll just get:rant:

Yojimbo
30-Aug-2008, 04:00 PM
My late grandfather used to call me "Hey You!" and "Shut Up!" I miss him dearly.

Here on the boards, I've been called "Yo" and "Jimbo" which of course are corruptions of my screen name.

My real name is Steve, so many of my friends have called me "Stevie" or "Big Steve"

At work, there is another dude named Steve who was hired a year after I came on, so they started to identify me as "Steve-o" so that folks don't get confused between the two of us.

When I was younger, I worked in security for a few years at one of our local shopping malls, and the crew for some strange reason started to call me "Sushi" I have no idea why, but seeing as they had nicknames for all the officers there and some were much worse than mine- "$hit head" and "Stinking Ass" are a few that come to mind - I guess being called "Sushi" wasn't really all that bad.

My wife has several pet names which she calls me, all of which are intolerably cute but not anything that I would want people outside the confines of my marriage to know of or repeat. :o

Chic Freak
30-Aug-2008, 04:02 PM
My wife has several pet names which she calls me, all of which are intolerably cute but not anything that I would want people outside the confines of my marriage to know of repeat. :o

lol! But I told you about Snoo!

Yojimbo
30-Aug-2008, 04:09 PM
lol! But I told you about Snoo!

Chicky, "snoo" really isn't that bad. The stuff my wife calls me will give a normal person diabetes! :lol:

Chic Freak
30-Aug-2008, 05:08 PM
Chicky, "snoo" really isn't that bad. The stuff my wife calls me will give a normal person diabetes! :lol:

That's adorable.

Thinking of nauseating romantic nicknames, I've just remembered, I think "Snoo" might have been short for Snookums, after I told him to stop calling me Snookums :o

MikePizzoff
30-Aug-2008, 08:12 PM
Pissoff - When I was like 16 I had "PISSOFF" shaved into the back of my head, really big. A lot of people that didn't know my name would just call me that, and it ended up sticking. Hence my name on here... Mike Pissoff.

Simpson - My last name.

Simps - shortened.

Nazi Mike - Ugh. This one came about because of how adamantly anti-racist I am. A couple friends thought it would be a funny joke to tell people I tried to push nazi politics on them and this nickname stuck. I can't stand it because I'm constantly having to explain myself to people I don't know when I get the "JESUS CHRIST, WHY DID THEY JUST CALL YOU THAT?!" look.

White Power Mike - Ugh. See above.

Senior - A friend of mine is in another band and he sings exactly like me, so people started calling him Mike Jr, then shortened it to Junior... eventually some started calling me Senior, so we're known as Sr and Jr.

Chic Freak
30-Aug-2008, 08:15 PM
Pissoff - When I was like 16 I had "PISSOFF" shaved into the back of my head, really big.

That is f*cking cool. I salute you.

MikePizzoff
30-Aug-2008, 08:20 PM
That is f*cking cool. I salute you.

I was going to get "FU(K OFF" shaved back there but realized I'd get more trouble than I'd want to deal with, so I went for the... nicer(?) version of it.

Chic Freak
30-Aug-2008, 08:30 PM
I was going to get "FU(K OFF" shaved back there but realized I'd get more trouble than I'd want to deal with, so I went for the... nicer(?) version of it.

I like it. "Piss off" has more of a narky 1970s British punk vibe to it :cool:

Exatreides
30-Aug-2008, 08:59 PM
Rookie- Because the first time I smoked with a group of friends i volcanoned the bowl (was mine so who cares) It's stuck among party friends

Jew- Because I'm a Jew and the only jew in my Military unit, my friends, and my town I think(side's my mom) I wear it with pride, were only 1/4 of 1% of the worlds population ya know.

exatreide- Comes from dune2000, where I was a fan of the atreides, then the fake house ordos. so I became exatreides. Even though I went back to being a die hard atreides fan when the next dune game came out.

MikePizzoff
30-Aug-2008, 09:25 PM
I like it. "Piss off" has more of a narky 1970s British punk vibe to it :cool:

Also why I went with it.

Chic Freak
31-Aug-2008, 12:46 PM
Forgot to add that my old landlord always called me "Miss Hair" due to the fact that every time he saw me I had dyed it a different colour and had different colour dreads in :) I had pink, blue, green, blonde, purple, red, all sorts, usually with various UV/ glow in the dark bits thrown in for good measure, e.g:

http://anitadebauch.webs.com/misc/bio2.jpg

I also used to shave the back off, but didn't think to carve any words into it unfortunately!

mista_mo
31-Aug-2008, 01:09 PM
all those names and hes still yet to get a woman to wear nothing but a baconator for him.

I think that would be the only way for me to break my no sex til marriage rule...

MoonSylver
31-Aug-2008, 08:35 PM
Snake.

Not really. Unfortunately I got nothin':( :lol:

CornishCorpse
31-Aug-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh dear... we're going to have a disagreement :p

The "monsters" may not technically be zombies in that they're obviously not dead, but the films have the hallmarks of zombie movies. The "zombies" are difficult to kill, impossible to reason with, almost inexhaustible, they eat people, they tend to move in packs or swarms and overpower their victims by sheer numbers, if one kills you you turn into one, it spreads until there's virtually no humans (okay, non-infected humans) left.

Also- you have the small group of human survivors who have to co-operate in order to survive in an apocalyptic sort of situation, the end of civilisation is threatened, and suprise suprise, people just can't seem to get along.

You have the classic scenes of someone saying "but I can't kill x, s/he is my wife/ husband/ child/ parent/ best friend etc etc!" while someone else shouts, "they're not any more!" Then Softie gets munched by their wife/ husband/ child/ parent/ best friend.

Also- highlights the worst sides of human nature e.g. panic, abuse of power, selfishness, greed in emergency situations.

28 Days Later may not contain actual zombies but it is definitely still a zombie movie in my book!

Sounds to me like youre describing a vampire flick to be honest, trademarks that work for both vampires and zombies although diffrent things and indeeeeeeed even the infected! John Carpenters vampires hits alot of these or any of the blade films but yet is not a zombie flick? Meh. For me a zombie needs to be well a zombie..Not a frantic spastic or a slave with no mind of its own. Its someone who has fallen and gotten up when they shouldnt have. Alright alright, Ill stop. Sure there are plenty of threads about this in the dead section.

Sorry :D

capncnut
01-Sep-2008, 03:46 AM
http://anitadebauch.webs.com/misc/bio2.jpg
Sean Yseult? LOL.

http://rzr.online.fr/docs/zombie/pictures/seantoon.jpg

SymphonicX
01-Sep-2008, 08:34 AM
nickname: Trevelyan...

soon to be real name, perhaps.

Chic Freak
01-Sep-2008, 11:12 AM
Sounds to me like youre describing a vampire flick to be honest

Not really... from the vampire films I've seen, vampires are much more human in that they can think and reason and feel fairly normally. They're not inexhaustible and they tend to work alone or with maybe one other, not in armies like zombies.

Sean Yseult? LOL.

http://rzr.online.fr/docs/zombie/pictures/seantoon.jpg

Who's s/he?

Leave me alone, it was 4 years ago :p That's the hair I had at the Land of the Dead preview in London.

More woolly hair from when I was 18... jeez :rolleyes:

http://www.freewebs.com/cradlefalls/yarn/braidfallspunkbarbie.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
01-Sep-2008, 11:21 AM
28 Days/Weeks Later is a ZOMBIE Movie,

they just aren't Dead, but the textbook definition of ZOmbie fits the infected of 28 Days/Weeks Later

mista_mo
01-Sep-2008, 11:37 AM
wait, screw giving an opinion on zombies vs 28 days later infected, this is a thread about nicknames..

I am, for once, not going to derail a thread...or r i??dfg?

LoSTBoY
01-Sep-2008, 02:52 PM
Guess my main nickname is Jamie as my birth name is James, although I've been called Jamie from birth, James is my business name :)

Also known as Scully, nothing to do with X Files, my surname is Scullion.
Never liked it, the nickname belongs to my brother more, so some people call me 'Wee Scully' and I dislike that even more.

I was called 'Joe Valentino' for a few months because I combed my hair back. :lol:

Recently been called Bluto because of my beard.

P.S: 28 Days later is not a zombie film. One clear definition of a zombie is it has to be dead or unliving. It's more of a survival movie like The Hills have eyes or Wrong Turn.

mista_mo
02-Sep-2008, 04:42 PM
oh shi-

Beardo
Bearded bandit
night bitch
tic tac bandit

all brand new ones, from like, yesterday and today....

Dtothe3
07-Sep-2008, 01:41 AM
Man I've had a few of these, so in chronological order;

Del - Slight variation of my real name. If you can't work out what my real name is, please look for your carer, you shouldn't be on the internet unsupervised :P

Delboy - My dad shares my name (tis mine dammit), so his mates called me this.

Decca - Picked up in highschool, one friend took to calling me it, others soon followed.

Dtoo - What happened after my account was accidentally deleted by Neil (among others), refused a post restore and carried on with a new account, I wondered if fate had wanted me to change my name, until...

Dthree - What happened after a second account mishap involving board accidents. Guess fate didn't like Dtoo either. It was suggested in a wrestling chat, and as the board here hasn't had any mishaps since, I'm guessing it's fine.

Pennywise - A gamertag I used when playing Red Alert 2

Gaara of the Sand - A manga related name.

The Corp - A nick from my time in cadets, also used in FSPs.

dracenstein
10-Sep-2008, 09:36 PM
My nickname here is fairly easy to work out;

Drac from Dracula, enstein from Frankenstein.

My nickname from work;

Oi!

capncnut
10-Sep-2008, 09:39 PM
Who's s/he?
She was the bassist in White Zombie.

mista_mo
11-Sep-2008, 12:48 PM
I forgot Super Mo!

Jesus Christ, how could I forget that..

DawnGirl27
24-Sep-2008, 06:16 PM
Ah, MZ - you have your choice of a plethora of names, holding the monopoly on "nick" names, as it were..... I know, pretty bad, but I am saddled with a dry sense of humor (cursed/blessed, depends) :D.
Anyway, I was Shelly when I was young (and unless you're a relative, ixnay on that one)
Miss Chelle (for my name, Michelle, which I only ever went by when I was in trouble with the parents when younger)
Shelbert (Yup. Sounds like a frozen dessert of some sort)
Swensonegger (maiden name, best friend in college even wrote me a check and signed it Shell Swensonegger, so I had to endorse it like that :rockbrow:)
Sunshine (I'm a smiler, I admit it...)
DeeDee (husband came up with it)
Peaches (Scandinavian complexion - once again, hubby)
Shelby (best friend from college came up with that, and he still uses it now)
But I go by Shell on the most part. I don't mind if strangers call me Michelle, but anyone else, it's Shell.

horrormad
24-Sep-2008, 06:18 PM
My Nickname is Horror.