PDA

View Full Version : question

ipotts85
04-May-2006, 06:33 PM
is it just me, or do there seem to be less users/posts since the forums changed over? i took a break for a while and haven't been posting until about two days ago, but i noticed it was kind of lacking compared to when i was posting before.

is it just me?

Danny
04-May-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah, but i only had like 20 posts on the old forum,so i guess its just peoples preferences.

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 06:46 PM
is it just me, or do there seem to be less users/posts since the forums changed over? i took a break for a while and haven't been posting until about two days ago, but i noticed it was kind of lacking compared to when i was posting before.

is it just me?
Nice try. There are a few of you that insist on being belligerent. If you look at the posts of the "old" forum, it was people like you (and a few others) that could NOT seem to move along in an adult fashion. This is just more proof that an age limit (or a test of adult mentality) should be imposed for forums. You kids claimed certain members were "child molesters" or AIDS paitients - and could not refrain from childish name calling. Now, there are only 4 of you that belong to this group of childish idiots - two of said group have calmed down a bit, while the other 2 are still acting like children. I know for a fact that YOU, ipotts85, tried to register my name in order to keep it out of the NEW forum. You started alot of crap then, and are trying to continue. Go play, ipotts85.

Danny
04-May-2006, 06:50 PM
hey i joined the old one when i was 16 so dont blame the kids grandad!:lol:

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 06:51 PM
hey i joined the old one when i was 16 so dont blame the kids grandad!:lol:
not blaming you at all....but, it's always the kids that keep the "flame" burning.

Danny
04-May-2006, 07:02 PM
so please, for us who didnt visit the old forum much, regale us with tales of the ways these people ****ed you off ,im intrigued ,did they use the word "bugger"?:lol:

Adrenochrome
04-May-2006, 07:04 PM
so please, for us who didnt visit the old forum much, regale us with tales of the ways these people ****ed you off ,im intrigued ,did they use the word "bugger"?:lol:
claiming that someone is a child molester is unacceptable.

dmbfanintn
04-May-2006, 08:52 PM
I know for a fact that YOU, ipotts85, tried to register my name in order to keep it out of the NEW forum. .

Did he really???:eek:

My god, that is just pathetic!:barf:

Danny
04-May-2006, 08:54 PM
what a retard.:elol:

Zombie-A-GoGo
05-May-2006, 02:12 AM
I posted for a short while a handful of years ago, but only came back, apparently just after the forums changed over.

I have to say...I don't know anything about what happened at the old boards, but this thread didn't indicate anything about it. I didn't find anything offensive or bothersome about the question asked. This is just an observation, and I'm not trying to be an ass, but I'm thinking it could have very well stayed non-offensive and non-confrontational. I'm not understanding why this all has to be dragged out again. I've only noticed two threads by this ipotts85 guy...this one and the one about The Zombies that Ate Pittsburgh, and to be honest, Adrenochrome, you're the one that's beenconfrontational in both these cases. Like I said, I have no beef with anyone and nothing to lose or gain by taking a side (which I wouldn't do anyway), but these are just , as I said, my observations. Can't we just start fresh? Try to play nice?

ipotts85
05-May-2006, 04:03 AM
what's your point adrenochrome? it is a well known fact i don't like you at all. that's why you are on my ignore list! i was trying to **** you off. i'm disapointed it didn't pan out. but last time i checked, it wasn't against the rules.

besides, it was an honest question, not intended to offend anyone. and in case you haven't noticed, i'm not particularly interested in messing with you, because i don't honestly care. zombie-a-go-go here has it right, you are being awfully confrontational. is it that time of the month already?

haha, just kidding, buddy. (i love the ignore feature, by the way! it's like adrenochrome doesn't even exist - and adrenochrome, you can call me ian)

HLS
10-May-2006, 12:22 AM
Ipotts your post was a nice post. it was not rude in anyway then adrenochrome just had to jump in and start things up, as usual. I do not understand why he never gets banned.

kortick
10-May-2006, 02:56 AM
oh god everybody just chill out

it is true that there are not that many posts

but my big question is
if you look at the members list you will see a great many people
but they dont post at all

how come it is only the few of us who post regularly?

i dont even mind flame posts cuz they come and go
there is no reason for ANYONE to be banned

i just wish more members would participate

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 11:06 AM
Ipotts your post was a nice post. it was not rude in anyway then adrenochrome just had to jump in and start things up, as usual. I do not understand why he never gets banned.
A person shouldn't be banned just because YOU don't like them. To offer you a piece of your own advice; If you don't like me, ignore me.:D :rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
10-May-2006, 11:11 AM
FLAME ON :mad:

:D

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 11:14 AM
FLAME ON :mad:

I love that little flamer smiley.
(I'm really not trying to start a flame at all. Some people just don't get me is all):D
Maybe we should book a spot of the Jerry Springer show and flash our ample boosom and scream alot.

peace

bassman
10-May-2006, 12:34 PM
I love that little flamer smiley.
(I'm really not trying to start a flame at all. Some people just don't get me is all):D
Maybe we should book a spot of the Jerry Springer show and flash our ample boosom and scream alot.

peace

"Oh hell no, I know you didn't. You ain't gettin my man! Nuh uh! I'm his baby's momma!"

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 12:40 PM
"Oh hell no, I know you didn't. You ain't gettin my man! Nuh uh! I'm his baby's momma!"
"You ain't all dat! What you say? You ain't all dat! When we gets back to the trailer me an' mah momma gawna sit you straight down and .....oh uh nuh! **flashes sagging, trailer park breasts** lemme see what yout got, yo! Bit*h!!! Ain't nuttin' but a Ho Dawg!"
*Dramatically throws left hand in your face*, screams, "Talk to the Left, cuz you ain't Right!" *prisses offstage, throwing hair and shoes**:D :elol: :moon: :moon: :moon:

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 01:28 PM
"I'm his baby's momma!"

It's "My Baby Momma"

Not "My Baby's Momma"

You have to leave the "apostrophe s" off the word baby.

bassman
10-May-2006, 01:46 PM
It's "My Baby Momma"

Not "My Baby's Momma"

You have to leave the "apostrophe s" off the word baby.

Haha....you're right. How did I forget?

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 02:08 PM
we better behave....ipotts will throw a tantrum if he thinks his thread got ambushed.:D

**throws another shoe**

bassman
10-May-2006, 02:10 PM
*throws a chair at adreno and starts pulling his hair out*

you ain't nuttin but a ho!

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 02:12 PM
**pushes big bald Steve out of the way and charges after you** Oh, it's on like neckbone now beep beep beep and that hobag beep beep beep!!"

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 02:15 PM
we better behave....ipotts will throw a tantrum if he thinks his thread got ambushed.:D

**throws another shoe**

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tom, you are just too much!

bassman
10-May-2006, 02:18 PM
Tom??? Oh, you goin by da first name now, huh? B*tch, I rip yo weave out!

All I gotsta say, Jerry, is that this DMB b*tch better back off my man or she gonna get da beat down.

:D easily amused....

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 02:19 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tom, you are just too much!
I aims please.
But, I'm not flaming, honest, I'm not.:D
Just showing a little humor is all. (i wish theer was a smiley with a halo)

All I gotsta say, Jerry, is that this DMB b*tch better back off my man or she gonna get da beat down.

LOL I can't wait till "the final thoughts" segment........sometimes I tear up and weep - they touch my heart.

**runs back stage to change clothes because I'm late for the Maury Povich show** (today's show is about ex-crackhead midgets that pimp out their mothers and bathe with old men - hmmmmm should I have said that?)

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 02:52 PM

Yeah, Tom and i go WWAAYY back to like last year! :D

Why she gotta be a DMB beeatch? Why can't she be like a Lynard Skynard beeatch or something like that?

bassman
10-May-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, Tom and i go WWAAYY back to like last year! :D

Why she gotta be a DMB beeatch? Why can't she be like a Lynard Skynard beeatch or something like that?

Haha....that's your name, man. Speaking of DMB, I've got tickets to see them in August here in ATL. Can't wait...

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 03:49 PM
Haha....that's your name, man. Speaking of DMB, I've got tickets to see them in August here in ATL. Can't wait...

there were a few years there where my wife and I would go to Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis, and Knoxville to see thm every year. That was our thing going to see DMB all summer. All told, I have been a DMB fan since the early days, around late 92 or so, and i have now seen them live 22 times, in some form or fashion. I have seen Dave and Tim Reynolds acoustic shows twice as well, and two years ago, I caught a Dave and Friends show at bonnaroo. It sucked! I didn't know any of the music except the DMB stuff they did (WWYS and Trippin billies).

I have had this screen name for quite some time and am not the super DMB fan I used to be, I;m getting too old to follow them anymore. I am concidering changing my screen name, but alas, it too much of a hassle!

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 03:52 PM
there were a few years there where my wife and I would go to Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis, and Knoxville to see thm every year. That was our thing going to see DMB all summer. All told, I have been a DMB fan since the early days, around late 92 or so, and i have now seen them live 22 times, in some form or fashion. I have seen Dave and Tim Reynolds acoustic shows twice as well, and two years ago, I caught a Dave and Friends show at bonnaroo. It sucked! I didn't know any of the music except the DMB stuff they did (WWYS and Trippin billies).

I have had this screen name for quite some time and am not the super DMB fan I used to be, I;m getting too old to follow them anymore. I am concidering changing my screen name, but alas, it too much of a hassle!
I love the song "DoDo" (solo CD) my fav has to be "Recently" I LOVE that song!!! Oh, and Minarets!!!!

"people stare and we just ignore / what's the use in hiding out?"
HLS should listen to this song. (all racists should listen to this song)

Remember Two Things was the first DMB CD I was exposed to - been a fan ever since!!!

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 04:07 PM
I love the song "DoDo" (solo CD) my fav has to be "Recently" I LOVE that song!!! Oh, and Minarets!!!!

"people stare and we just ignore / what's the use in hiding out?"
HLS should listen to this song. (all racists should listen to this song)

If she is racist, she should listen to Cry Freedom:

And we wave our hands,
Hands and feet are all alike
But fear between divides us
all slips away!

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 04:10 PM
If she is racist, she should listen to Cry Freedom:

And we wave our hands,
Hands and feet are all alike
But fear between divides us
all slips away!
Ahhh yes.....great song! That song has brought tears to my eyes!

this line - "But fear between divides us" it explains it all.

tju1973
10-May-2006, 04:18 PM
and hate EVERYBODY...

f flames....

:moon:

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 04:23 PM
and hate EVERYBODY...

f flames....

No flaming here - just simple discussion.

bassman
10-May-2006, 05:02 PM
What did you guys think of "Stand Up"? I thought it was a great cd....a bit of a step in a different direction for DMB but very good. Damn better than his solo stuff. I wasn't too impressed with "Some Devil".

"If you see me out there runnin'
And you hear the sheriffs comin'
Your daddy's crazy with that gun in his hand."

What was this thread about, anyway?:lol:

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 05:07 PM
What was this thread about, anyway?:lol:
ipootalot was whining.:D

Danny
10-May-2006, 05:08 PM
*towlie stoner*, omg i got no idea what goin' oooooonnn.......zzzzzzzzzzzzz:lol:

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 05:12 PM
*towlie stoner*, omg i got no idea what goin' oooooonnn.......zzzzzzzzzzzzz:lol:
LOL,......just keep posting, hun...It'll be ok.

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 05:30 PM
DMB's music has meant a lot to me over the years. Dave is an incredible songwriting talent. His lyrics (which have gotten worse over the years) are some of the most thought provoking of any writer I listen too.

It is hard being in a muti-racial relationship in today's society. I think that is one of the reason my wife and I are such DMB fan's.

I, like adreno, have at times been brought to tears over certain songs hitting at a certain time.

Stand up was pretty good, but as i stated above, I think Dave seems to be running out of material, or his life influences are changing as he gets older.

Back in the days of UTTAD, Crash, and BTCS, he wrote happy fun times, getting phucked up, loving your lover, and heartache and depression, all rolled up into one!

Now it seems as though his lyrical style has evolved (or devolved).

I agree with bassman, some devil was mediocre at best and why, oh why, did we ever get Everyday (Glen Ballard must die, long live Steve Lillywhite!)

There have litterally been times in my life that I don't think I would have wanted to continue without the music of DMB!

"Oh well, oh well, so here we stand, but we stand for nothing!"

and hate EVERYBODY...

f flames....

Who the phuck is flaming?

It is quite unfortunate that hate mongering has become so prevelant in society!:barf:

bassman
10-May-2006, 07:41 PM
Maybe Mattews just hasn't had any real good inspiration for lyrics lately. Personally though, I like the lyrics on "Stand Up". Though I do have to say that his old work is better. "Before These Crowded Streets" is probably my favorite DMB cd and possibly one of the ones on my all time list.

One thing we can say is that even though Matthews' lyrics may lack every now and again....the band will always be great. Beauford's probably one of the best drummers alive, I've never seen anyone tear up a violin like Tinsley, and Lassard's style fits the band perfectly. And of course Leroi's winds....wow.

Add those all in with Matthews' contributions and you can't lose. Although I do have to ask....when the f*ck are they going to go ahead and make Butch Taylor an official member? He's been playing the keys with them for about as long as I can remember.

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 07:55 PM
Maybe Mattews just hasn't had any real good inspiration for lyrics lately. Personally though, I like the lyrics on "Stand Up". Though I do have to say that his old work is better. "Before These Crowded Streets" is probably my favorite DMB cd and possibly one of the ones on my all time list.

One thing we can say is that even though Matthews' lyrics may lack every now and again....the band will always be great. Beauford's probably one of the best drummers alive, I've never seen anyone tear up a violin like Tinsley, and Lassard's style fits the band perfectly. And of course Leroi's winds....wow.

Add those all in with Matthews' contributions and you can't lose. Although I do have to ask....when the f*ck are they going to go ahead and make Butch Taylor an official member? He's been playing the keys with them for about as long as I can remember.

Oh now, don't get me wrong, Dave is still putting better songs that most of the crap you hear nowdays, but, like you, I am more partial to his early works. Under the Table and Dreaming is my favorite cd, but Crash, and Before These Crowded Streets are also great! Even Busted Stuff (Lillywhite Sessions) has great song writing. But Everyday, UGH!!

The multi-racial, multi-talented mix that is the Dave Matthews Band, can not, I don't think) be equalled at this moment in music history.

And yeah, if it weren't for DMB Butch wouldn't have a job!:D

And who made the worst career move of any musician in history? Peter Grieser = idiot!

Adrenochrome
11-May-2006, 02:37 PM
The multi-racial, multi-talented mix that is the Dave Matthews Band, can not, I don't think) be equalled at this moment in music history.

a close second would be Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, IMHO.

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 02:45 PM
a close second would be Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, IMHO.

Well, Andreno, you already know how i feel about Bela and the Tones!

I have to agree with you.

For me, it's all about the LIVE music!!

bassman
11-May-2006, 02:48 PM
yeah...the Flecktones are great.

What do you guys think of Widespread Panic?

Adrenochrome
11-May-2006, 02:48 PM
Well, Andreno, you already know how i feel about Bela and the Tones!

I have to agree with you.

For me, it's all about the LIVE music!!
Yes!
Would String Cheese Incident be considered "multi Racial"? They have that oriental guy, Michael Kang, that plays mandolin/violin/guitar..SCI is one of the best LIVE jam bands I've EVER seen!
http://themusicneverstopped.net/v-web/gallery/albums/waka05-day1/sc004.jpg

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 02:57 PM
SCI, Widespread, those are bands that are right up my alley! THAT is the genre of music that I listen to.

I saw Widespread two nights in a row last June at Bonnaroo and both nights they played 3 hours each and DID NOT duplicate a single song! That was THE sheet!

I cosider myself very lucky that I live about a half mile from the Bonnaroo farm in Manchester, TN (if anyone is going, PM me and we can get together for a doob!) and I get free tickets every year. They usually have about 80 bands and most of them are of this genre.

they have some hip hop, and country as well, but MOST of the acts are of the alt / jammy style bands. It is a super fun time!

bassman
11-May-2006, 03:01 PM
I was at Bonnaroo 2004 and I plan on going to this year's. Although I've heard that the line up isn't so great.

When do the tickets go on sale?

And since we're on the topic, you guys should get Sirius radio. There's this station called "Jam On" and it's nothing but bands like Widespread, Phish, SCI, OAR, Grateful Dead, etc.

I get it for free with my satelite service but I would pay anything for it. It's great...you should look into it.

Adrenochrome
11-May-2006, 03:07 PM
And since we're on the topic, you guys should get Sirius radio. There's this station called "Jam On" and it's nothing but bands like Widespread, Phish, SCI, OAR, Grateful Dead, etc.

I get it for free with my satelite service but I would pay anything for it. It's great...you should look into it.
I've heard of this. I need to check into it!
You should check out this site - http://www.archive.org/details/etree
I've found some GREAT live shows for download there.

Now that you've mentioned The Dead, if anyone complains why this thread isn't in the General Discussion area, we have an excuse.

(if anyone is going, PM me and we can get together for a doob!)
Man, next time I head to Gatlinburg I'll give you a PM.......maybe hook up and have a DooberShroomer. :D

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 03:20 PM
I was at Bonnaroo 2004 and I plan on going to this year's. Although I've heard that the line up isn't so great.

When do the tickets go on sale?

Bro tickets are already on sale and you better get with it because they will be sold out soon.

2004, that was the year of "Dave and Friends" and "The Dead" right? I was there (I have been to all of them)

If you are going this year, shoot me a PM before you leave and we can try to hook up. If you need a shower or something like that you can come to my house!

You are right, the line up isn't that great and MTV is exclusively covering it. This is the beginning of the end of Bonnaroo (MTV) The headliner this year is Radiohead, and Tom Petty:

Here's the line up so far:

Radiohead

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Phil Lesh & Friends

Beck

Elvis Costello & the Imposters

Bonnie Raitt

Death Cab for Cutie

moe.

Bright Eyes

The Neville Brothers

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

Buddy Guy

Damian Marley

Ben Folds

Robert Randolph & the Family Band

Dr. John

Matisyahu

G. Love & Special Sauce

My Morning Jacket

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder

Steel Pulse

Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove

Cat Power

Medeski Martin & Wood

Nickel Creek

Gomez

Atmosphere

Steve Earle

Blues Traveler

Amadou & Mariam

Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks

The Dresden Dolls

Son Volt

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Jerry Douglas

Soulive

Rusted Root

Devendra Banhart Band

Donavon Frankenreiter

Mike Doughty

Sasha

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

The Magic Numbers

Bill Frisell

Seu Jorge

Bettye LaVette

Dungen

Shooter Jennings

Rebirth Brass Band

Robinella

Andrew Bird

Steel Train

Jackie Greene

Devotchka

The Wood Brothers

dios (malos)

Toubab Krewe

The Motet

Marah

I-Nine

Balkan Beat Box

The Cat Empire

Umphrey's McGee / Disco Biscuits

OYSTERHEAD (Trey Anastasio, Les Claypool, Stewart Copeland)

LES CLAYPOOL (performing with his own band)

Common

Sonic Youth

Matt Costa

Tortured Soul

Cypress Hill

Blackalicious

The Streets

Lyrics Born

deadboy & the Elephantmen

The Refugee All Stars of Sierra Leone

Electric Eel Shock

The Codetalkers feat. Col. Bruce Hampton

World Party

Brothers Past

David Ford

Be Your Own Pet

Abigail Washburn

American Minor

Artvandalay

Avett Brothers

Bobby Bare Jr.

Bojones

Corn Mo

Eliot Morris

Garage Deluxe

Gran Bel Fisher

Grayson Capps

Gypsy Hands Tribal Belly Dancers

Hot Buttered Rum String Band

HQ Band

Infradig

JD & The Straight Shot

Leslie Woods

Lucero

Mitch Rutman Group

Moonshine Still

Mute Math

Die Nachtigalen

Nug Jug

Phil Pollard & his band of Humans

Samantha Stollenwerek

The Rockwells

Tim Lee Band

Tishamingo

Trevor Hall

Tyler Ramsey

Vorzca

Zac Brown Band

Artists performing at the Comedy Tent
Lewis Black
Patton Oswalt
Jasper Redd
Jon Reep
Demetri Martin
Vic Henley
Tom Papa
Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre Presents: "Air Conditioned Acid Trip"
Paul Scheer
Aziz Ansari
Jackie Clarke
Rob Huebel
Owen Burke
Chad Carter

There you go, thats all so far!

(Underlined shows are my definites that I will see)

Man, next time I head to Gatlinburg I'll give you a PM.......maybe hook up and have a DooberShroomer. :D

I'm In!!!!

Adrenochrome
11-May-2006, 03:23 PM
dmbfanintn, have you heard any of My Morning Jacket? They're pretty good. You might want to check them out.

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 03:32 PM
dmbfanintn, have you heard any of My Morning Jacket? They're pretty good. You might want to check them out.

Yep, but haven't got to see them. They have been a Bonnaroo staple over the years and will be there this year as well. I will have to put them on the must see list.

DjfunkmasterG
11-May-2006, 05:09 PM
Lewis Black is a Comedy God. I rank him up there with George, Whoopi, Robin, and Richard. :D

I just caught his HBO special and it was hilarious.

Adrenochrome
11-May-2006, 05:10 PM
Lewis Black is a Comedy God. I rank him up there with George, Whoopi, Robin, and Richard. :D

Please tell me I didn't just read Whoopi! Dj!!!! Really?

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 05:14 PM

Lewis Black is the man. I first heard him on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I caught the HBO special too, he IS freakin hilarious. I will definitley be catching his live show, can't wait for that one. I saw Charlie Murphy (from Chappell's Show) last year and we laughed so hard we were hurting when we came out of there!

Adrenochrome
11-May-2006, 05:15 PM
Lewis Black is the man. I first heard him on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I caught the HBO special too, he IS freakin hilarious. I will definitley be catching his live show, can't wait for that one. I saw Charlie Murphy (from Chappell's Show) last year and we laughed so hard we were hurting when we came out of there!
Lewis Black made me almost pee my pants (several times).

Hawkboy
11-May-2006, 05:16 PM
That show sounds amazing!!

I'm a Ben Folds and Billy Bragg man myself.

bassman
11-May-2006, 05:17 PM
Moe, Oysterhead, Petty, Flecktones, Blues Traveler, Soulive???

It may not be the best line up this year but there are some damn good names. I've got to look into those tickets, quick.

Shrooms and Mescaline, here I come!:lol:

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 05:21 PM
It may not be the best line up this year but there are some damn good names. I've got to look into those tickets, quick.

http://www.bonnarootickets.musictoday.com/BonnarooMusicFestival/calendar.aspx

Here you go.

There gonna run you 184.50 plus all the fees and sheet.

total for one ticket comes to 208.00. My wifes friends got two for her and her husband and her total was 416.00

Man, don't you remember Comic Relief back in the 80's on HBO.

that was Whoopi, Robin, and Billy, right? That WAS some funny sheet though!

bassman
11-May-2006, 05:25 PM
There's only a 50 buck fee for an RV? I might need to borrow one from my relatives....that sounds nice. Especially after last time....I've never felt so nasty in my life:barf: .

It was damn well worth it, though.

Adrenochrome
11-May-2006, 05:26 PM
http://www.bonnarootickets.musictoday.com/BonnarooMusicFestival/calendar.aspx

Here you go.

There gonna run you 184.50 plus all the fees and sheet.

total for one ticket comes to 208.00. My wifes friends got two for her and her husband and her total was 416.00

Man, don't you remember Comic Relief back in the 80's on HBO.

that was Whoopi, Robin, and Billy, right? That WAS some funny sheet though!

Whoopi makes me vomit. Violently.

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 05:29 PM
There's only a 50 buck fee for an RV? I might need to borrow one from my relatives....that sounds nice. Especially after last time....I've never felt so nasty in my life:barf: .

It was damn well worth it, though.

It seems like Mother Nature keeps up with when Bonnaroo will be here and schedules her annual torrential downpour on boannarro weekend!

EVERY YEAR , it has poured rain at least one day, and a couple of years we have had massive thunderstorms. I believe 04 was a rough weather year if I remember correctly.

Yeah, there are some awfully nasty folk out there after 4 days. In addition to the rain, it seems afterwords the heat is ridiculous!

Like I said, PM me and I can hook you up with a shower and a little AC for a while

bassman
11-May-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I think I remember it raining at least two days. Maybe even more....I can't quite remember. Just imagine being there and not having a shower....then driving all the way back to Atlanta:dead:

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I think I remember it raining at least two days. Maybe even more....I can't quite remember. Just imagine being there and not having a shower....then driving all the way back to Atlanta:dead:

I bet you were RIPE! :barf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
11-May-2006, 05:55 PM

Yes you did.

I just caught her 20th Anniversary special on HBO and she did 3 of her most famous characters one being Fontaine, and I couldn't stop laughing especially since she gave us the joint smoking, drug induced POV of her Fontaine character regarding the 2000 & 2004 elections as well as the POV of fontaine looking at the world post 9/11.

True comic genius with every syllable.

dmbfanintn
11-May-2006, 06:08 PM
Yes you did.

I just caught her 20th Anniversary special on HBO and she did 3 of her most famous characters one being Fontaine, and I couldn't stop laughing especially since she gave us the joint smoking, drug induced POV of her Fontaine character regarding the 2000 & 2004 elections as well as the POV of fontaine looking at the world post 9/11.

True comic genius with every syllable.

Im not the greatest Whoopi fan, but I very much agree with her political stance! I would have loved to have heard Fontaine's take on the 00 and 04 elections! I bet that was classic!

Adrenochrome
13-May-2006, 06:52 PM
It seems like Mother Nature keeps up with when Bonnaroo will be here and schedules her annual torrential downpour on boannarro weekend!

EVERY YEAR , it has poured rain at least one day, and a couple of years we have had massive thunderstorms. I believe 04 was a rough weather year if I remember correctly.

Yeah, there are some awfully nasty folk out there after 4 days. In addition to the rain, it seems afterwords the heat is ridiculous!

Like I said, PM me and I can hook you up with a shower and a little AC for a while
Every Grateful Dead show I caught at Soldier Field stormed it's ass off during Space and the Drums. I LOVED it! Nothing like a lightning storm and a hard rain while 70,000 people are dancing to some drums. :D

kortick
14-May-2006, 07:32 PM
i have always loved the space part of the dead shows

i feel bad about the fans who will never get the chance to see a true dead show

i saw a great many of them and they were all peaceful
fun get togethers
not like other concerts

i had the pleasure of meeting jerry once and he was truly a great person