PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "Dream of the Dead"

slashface
24-Sep-2008, 06:39 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the documentary "Dream of the Dead"? It aired on IFC just before Land of the Dead was released in theaters. I figured it would be included on the DVD so I didn't tape it. Any help is appreciated!

axlish
24-Sep-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm a little unsure of this one. It was never released in the States so I feel his pain a little. Thoughts?

Griff
26-Sep-2008, 11:34 PM
Bit of a rarity. Sadly, the complete version, which Roy Frumkes finished after delivering the hurried release that was screened, is in his possession and his possession alone. Its not unlike the TWO EVIL EYES footage on the DOCUMENT re-release, but much funnier (ie. Savini and Nicotero monkeying around etc.).

DjfunkmasterG
10-Oct-2008, 05:04 AM
So nothing is going to happen with?

That sucks, I really wanted to see this. He needs to upload it to You Tube.

thxleo
12-Oct-2008, 02:58 AM
I have a copy that I got from Greg Nicotero.

DjfunkmasterG
15-Oct-2008, 02:47 PM
Well how about sharing it instead or rubbing it in and name dropping who ya got it from.

Wouldn't it have been just suffice to say i have a copy... you just had to throw in a name to make it look better huh?

thxleo
16-Oct-2008, 01:11 AM
Well how about sharing it instead or rubbing it in and name dropping who ya got it from.

Wouldn't it have been just suffice to say i have a copy... you just had to throw in a name to make it look better huh?

I was letting people know in case they ever want to ask Greg at a convention how they might go about getting a copy.
Your rude and ignorant response was uncalled for...grow up.

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2008, 09:46 AM
*British pub car park style intervention*

A'wite laaads, break it up, break it up...

:sneaky:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Oct-2008, 11:14 AM
I was letting people know in case they ever want to ask Greg at a convention how they might go about getting a copy.
Your rude and ignorant response was uncalled for...grow up.

Oh I am sure that was your intention. HA.

thxleo
16-Oct-2008, 12:36 PM
Oh I am sure that was your intention. HA.

Why don't you stick to what you do best? Make another post about the newest blu-ray movie you purchased or maybe even share another heart warming story of you being drunk and/or stoned watching a movie...by yourself.
Thanks.

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2008, 05:05 PM
Okay, the both of ya, shaaaaaadap already...you're giving Mom a headache.

Harold W Brown
21-Oct-2008, 01:56 AM
I tivo'd it off IFC and never deleted it. It's only a half hour long as aired, though.

Bub666
21-Oct-2008, 03:21 AM
I tivo'd it off IFC and never deleted it. It's only a half hour long as aired, though.

Yeah,I caught the last five minutes of it when it was on IFC.I wonder If it will ever be on again.

axlish
21-Oct-2008, 12:29 PM
Slashface, if you are still around, send me a private message and perhaps we can arrange something.

CooperWasRight
11-Feb-2009, 11:43 PM
I really would love to get a copy of this as my dvr hd went on the fritz... I would be willing to paypal a few bucks if needed.

Thanks and Sorry to come off like a leech as this is my 1st post here.

krakenslayer
12-Feb-2009, 09:01 AM
I remember when Land was filming, the buzz around Dream of the Dead was that it'd be a feature-length documentary about Romero, a sequel to the great Document of the Dead that would be shown on TV around the world and included on a Land 2-disc collector's edition DVD.

Then it was shown once on the IFC channel in the States (at a different time than advertised, I seem to remember) and then inexplicably disappeared into obscurity. Which to me is very strange.

Did it turn out disappointingly and get swept under the rug?

Harold W Brown
12-Feb-2009, 05:49 PM
I liked it. It was too short, though.

zombiekiller
13-Feb-2009, 02:20 PM

i taped it, but don't rember what tape it's on. got to find it again and watch it.