PDA

View Full Version : Dawn 30 year reunion in 2008

DeadJonas190
02-Mar-2006, 04:11 AM
Save up now, you have 2 years. If your a$$ isn't there, you just plain suck. The 25th anniversary reunion was amazing, a good portion of the cast was there as were quite a few of us. I am sure the 30th anniversary will be even better. My freinds and I have already discussed the trip and plan to save up a lot of cash for it.

The last trip didn't cost me too much as gas was much cheaper 3 years ago and my car got great gas mileage, somehow I got 42mpg on that trip. If any of you are in the Detroit area, we could all probably get a caravan going down there to Monroeville. If you reserve your hotel early enough you can get the Raddison hotel the convention is held at, which resides in the Monroeville Mall parking lot. In 2003 it was only $90 a night for the convention so add a few years and inflation I bet it will be around $130 a night in 2008.

Anyway, it is never too early to plan.

dmbfanintn
02-Mar-2006, 02:38 PM
or is this set in stone?

I am definitely THERE! I had to cancel at the last minute for the 25th. I WILL NOT miss this one!!! I fear I will be too old when the 35th rolls around!:D

Will it be in conjunction with the Pitts Comicon as the 25th was?
Chris...

axlish
02-Mar-2006, 04:40 PM
By 2008 I'll probably be ready to take a trip up there again.

I was there for the 25th and I had a blast! I even made it on to the DVD boxset of Dawn, twice! No, not the glorious shot that Cereval had, but a double appearance all the same :evil:

p2501
02-Mar-2006, 05:48 PM
i'm thinking about going, i did the 25th and it was fun i just dunno if i want to go out for all three days.

then again it is 2 years away.

axlish
02-Mar-2006, 09:20 PM
...cool! me and the wife did too, right at the section where Ken is doing the "When there's no more..." line

If memory serves correct, you can see me in that part as well, I am to his right and you can see me for just a few seconds as people shuffle around in the shot.

My money shot was right in front of Penneys, upstairs. Greg pans from left to right and I am walking from right to left wearing a white polo style shirt, holding a camcorder sky high. That shot repeats in "The Dead Will Walk" featurette when George refers to the fans.

Ok, so help me point you out in the "...no more room in hell..." part.

DeadJonas190
03-Mar-2006, 04:02 AM
In response to DMB, I am speculating, but I am pretty sure there will be one.

As for the DVD, I am on it also :) You can see me for all of 2 seconds as Ken is talking, he steps forward and there I am, and then he steps back in front of me. My friend also made it into that part... in fact, it is just a little bit before Cereval flashes the metal sign.

Track1033
03-Mar-2006, 05:37 AM
money and camera in hand

glsjaw
07-Mar-2006, 12:40 AM
hey track, Your camera and whos Hand?

tju1973
07-Mar-2006, 10:59 PM
I am there my friend...:)

tkane18
08-Mar-2006, 05:31 PM
Reunion in 2008?
That means we should see the release of "Dawn of the Dead Super Ultimate HD Collection" in 2009. :evil:

Mister Chrome
08-Mar-2006, 07:02 PM
I think I'd like to go to a 30th reunion...provided they do it right.

I was at the 25th anniversary, and it was a great time.

For the 30th anniversary to be done right, they would need to have everything they had at the 25th, plus more events and celebs.

REQUIRED PEOPLE:
George Romero, Tom Savini, Scott Reiniger, David Emge, Ken Foree, and Gaylen Ross.

ADDITIONAL APPEARANCES:
Greg Nicotero, Lenny Lies, Clayton and Sharon, all the other random Dawn cast members.

EVENTS:
Mall tour, Airport tour, Q&A with all the celebs, screenings of ALL VERSIONS of Dawn (like an all-night marathon)

I also think it would be cool if they had some contests - like a Dawn Trivia competition, with prizes being like rare autographed goodies. Perhaps some kind of zombie costume contest as well.

I'd also love to see some sort of indie filmmaker opportunities there...maybe a mini-zombie film festival, where the 1st prize winner gets a distribution contract with a small company.

Well, them's my 2 cents!

Chrome

glsjaw
08-Mar-2006, 10:38 PM
why dont you put a little more thought into it and get back to us

Cody
09-Mar-2006, 02:17 AM
hell yeah I got quite the few things I need signed

German_Guy
10-Mar-2006, 07:36 PM
i would love to do this trip, but i´m going to visit Pittsburgh this april again. my wife would kill me if i want to visit a convention (out of Germany) again! :mad:

Markus aka German_Guy

please visit: http://www.cml.de.to (Cult Movie Locations)

jdog
11-Mar-2006, 12:49 AM
i would love to go to this it would be like a dream come true
i'd better start saving

Mike
12-Mar-2006, 06:32 AM
I have always wanted to go to one of these conventions, I guess its time to start saving, thanks for the heads up.

DeadJonas190
14-Mar-2006, 02:11 AM
I think I'd like to go to a 30th reunion...provided they do it right.

I was at the 25th anniversary, and it was a great time.

For the 30th anniversary to be done right, they would need to have everything they had at the 25th, plus more events and celebs.

REQUIRED PEOPLE:
George Romero, Tom Savini, Scott Reiniger, David Emge, Ken Foree, and Gaylen Ross.

ADDITIONAL APPEARANCES:
Greg Nicotero, Lenny Lies, Clayton and Sharon, all the other random Dawn cast members.

EVENTS:
Mall tour, Airport tour, Q&A with all the celebs, screenings of ALL VERSIONS of Dawn (like an all-night marathon)

I also think it would be cool if they had some contests - like a Dawn Trivia competition, with prizes being like rare autographed goodies. Perhaps some kind of zombie costume contest as well.

I'd also love to see some sort of indie filmmaker opportunities there...maybe a mini-zombie film festival, where the 1st prize winner gets a distribution contract with a small company.

Well, them's my 2 cents!

Chrome

I agree with that. Speaking of the 2003 convention, what happened to that film you were making? I thought the trailer you showed had some potential to become a cool movie.

Svengoolie
17-Mar-2006, 11:11 PM
Chrome-dome...the only way your idea could be any better is if they sheduled a Halloween 30th Anniversary blow-out at the same time!;)