PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought I couldn't scare the hell out of myself... I did it twice.

DjfunkmasterG
07-Oct-2008, 11:20 AM
One of the great things about making Deadlands 2 is that not only has my writing improved, and my directing, but I had a great talented cast and an A++++ crew. While Deadlands: The Rising will always be in my heart as my first, I think Deadlands 2 is definitely my favorite.

When I set out to make this movie I had two things in mind, more violence, and a creepy as hell dark tone. Well, I think I managed to make good on both of those items. We finally shot the massive zombies vs. cops massacre and I edited it together between Sunday and Monday. After watching the last 30 seconds of the massacre I felt my heart racing, and my skin goose bumping, which is something that hasn't happened to me in a really long time, especially with zombie films.

I thought I creeped myself out with the dream sequence I shot last fall, but now it has been outdone by the massacre, which led me to have a really nasty zombie nightmare last night. Something I have missed since making Deadlands: The Rising when I shot the traffic jam massacre. Before that my last zombie nightmare was after I watched The Return of the Living Dead in theaters back in 1985.

I really think many of you, when you finally get to see Deadlands 2, will enjoy the heart pounding violence. The massacre sequence alone had me remembering the days when Romero's zombie on human violence was things nightmares were made of... I hope you all agree when you get to see it.

DawnGirl27
07-Oct-2008, 04:06 PM
I like what I've been hearing from you about the movie, and am looking forward to seeing it, keeping in mind how hard you've worked to bring new dimensions to the project. And the fact that you had nightmares...well, it's gotta' be good, then! :cool:

MinionZombie
07-Oct-2008, 05:24 PM
*can't wait, can't wait, can't wait*

:cool::hyper::cool:

DjfunkmasterG
07-Oct-2008, 06:08 PM
MZ, I know you can't wait, but you did get a taste of things to come with a clip I sent you Monday night and you watched today. Think of everyone else's reaction when they see that clip :p

MinionZombie
08-Oct-2008, 10:06 AM
MZ, I know you can't wait, but you did get a taste of things to come with a clip I sent you Monday night and you watched today. Think of everyone else's reaction when they see that clip :p
Aye true enough, but this way it's like tantric shagging. :D

DjfunkmasterG
08-Oct-2008, 01:14 PM
Tantric shagging... ummm, ok. I think you just compared my film to Pseudo Sex.

:lol:

MinionZombie
08-Oct-2008, 01:27 PM
Not your film, the wait for your film. :sneaky::)

DjfunkmasterG
08-Oct-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh...

Well, good things come to those wait. I guess that can apply to orgasms too. :p