PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Of The Dead 3d?

ZombieNihlist
13-Oct-2008, 04:13 AM
I was on wikipedia and they said fangoria reported that Rubenstien was going to rerelease Dawn in 3d as well as work on a sequel. Seeing as you never know with wikipedia does anyone have confirmation?

capncnut
13-Oct-2008, 05:16 AM
Yup, old news. If you do a Google search then you will find a whole ton of sources and reports regarding this - I think there's even a thread or two here.

Both revamps due in 2009.

DaDeadGuy
09-Feb-2009, 04:48 PM
I think doing Dawn in 3D could be kinda cool, anyone seen my bloody valentine in 3d? I liked it lol.

Mr.G
10-Feb-2009, 01:21 AM
My Bloody Valentine was ok, nothing great IMO. I was impressed with the newer 3D technology. I also saw Paramount released F13 number 3 in 3D last week.

darth los
10-Feb-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm actually torn between a sequel and a remake.

A sequel would be cool because i would love to know just what happened to Peter, Fran and her baby. And to find out how humanity ultimately ended up. Although i Supposes Philly would tell me to just watch Land And day (in that order Philly?) To see how that turned out. :lol:

Then again a remake would give the opportunity to do so many things that the original couldn't or just didn't. I say this with the RE remake for the gamecube in mind. That's a prime example of a remake getting it right and totally blowing the original out of the water. Halloween did that as well imo, but that's for another thread. I would like it to be a true remake though without too much deviation from the original storyline, and only a few curveballs peppered throughout to keep us on our toes.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
10-Feb-2009, 08:59 PM
i really think a sequel to dawn is a pretty shitty idea. i always just figured that GAR didn't have the balls to kill off all characters again, so he left it up to us... i rationalized that they were damn near out of gas, chopper crashes, both die and reanimate as mutilated ghouls who are stuck in the wreckage of the chopper.

..and fran's baby reanimates and is stuck inside fran, who is stuck inside the chopper:lol:

i'd see the orignal in 3d, i suppose. still want to see dawn in blu-ray fortmat...my brother has a bad-ass HDTV and i watched TDK on a blu-ray player, and wow.:stunned: i'm considering picking up a blu-ray player with some of my tax return $$$.

bassman
10-Feb-2009, 09:03 PM
my brother has a bad-ass HDTV and i watched TDK on a blu-ray player, and wow.:stunned: i'm considering picking up a blu-ray player with some of my tax return $$$.

Yes. It's awesome. As a new HD/BR owner I can tell you that you won't be let down. My jaw drops everytime I turn it on. And it's been about 2 weeks since I got it. Picked up Beetlejuice and T2 today. Can't wait to see what older films look like. I've yet to find Dawn and Day on BR though......

As for the Dawn sequel? Not a good idea. 3D? Ehhhh....I'd watch it, but I don't know if it will work.

fartpants
11-Feb-2009, 08:47 PM
no please dont do this to us..... Dawn 3-d sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Debbieangel
18-Feb-2009, 01:22 AM
Dawn in 3D wowww... it would be cool to see the hare krishna zombie trying to get Fran off the ladder and her trying to getting away from him with the flare. That would look coool.