PDA

View Full Version : Condemned...

deadwrtr
07-May-2006, 12:08 PM
Has anyone played this? I recently got it, and so far, am very impressed with the game.

In many respects, it reminds me of FEAR, a great first person shooter. This game uses psychological flashes to keep you on your toes. IN Condemned, you play an FBI agent tracking a serial killer. It has unique tools to help you do so.

The game is absolutely beautiful. Nearly everything in the game can be interacted with, from pipes, to boards with nails in it, to the occasional firearm. The beauty here is, you don't have an unlimited supply of ammo for weapons, so you have to be very judicious in your use of them.

The environment is stunning; everything is very realistic. The graphics are very smooth.

My biggest gripe is the continuous search an area, beat a guy up, search an area, beat a guy up, search.... it can get a bit monotonous. Also, it tends to be a bit dark. This adds to the tension; when you're searching a room, an attacker can hide in the same room and wait for you to walk by before attacking.

Check it out.

*Moved to Games Discussion by MZ*

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 12:48 PM
I've played the demo, runs okay on my rig, not great but still playable. I found it quite creepy and atmospheric and it gave me a couple of good jumps - one where an enemy was hiding behind a small bit of wall (I figured it wasn't wide enough to hide behind) and then boom - he blasts out and whacks me in the face. I won, but it scared the crap out of me.

Also, it's developed my Monolith - the same people who did FEAR, using the same engine as well, so that'll be why it feels familiar.

I wouldn't want to buy it, especially as it doesn't run great on my rig, but also because I could easily see myself tiring of it after a while or not really wanting to replay it. I try to buy games that I'm going to get a lot of use out of ... or if they're cheap enough, lol.

LoSTBoY
07-May-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I've got it and competed it.

At first I didn't think much of the Graphics, but then I turned them up to high and was quite impressed.

I like how you can pick up almost anything to use as a weapon, however I am annoyed with the fighting physics. There are times when you think you have blocked the incoming hit but you still get hit and times where you can't miss him but the weapon goes right through him. I got quite angry with the final battle because you can't block most of it's attacks.

Other than that, it's not a bad game, pretty spooky in parts, made me jump a few times. 3.5/5

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 01:46 PM
*damn connection conked out and lost my post!!! ARRRGH!!!*

Anyway, yeh that was something that really annoyed me about the game, that the enemy can hit you easily but from the same distance you can't hit him half the time, with a weapon that could blatantly hit him. What's all that about? Timing your hit when running in/out of a fray is a bitch too.

Mind you, breaking the wooden shotgun butt over someone's head is pretty nifty.

Danny
03-Jul-2006, 06:28 AM
now ive finished it i can say it was really poor and not next gen in any sense other than lighting, but rather than bitch just read my game spot review.:)

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/condemned/player_review.html?id=333052

and its rare for me to give games lower than 7.5:|