PDA

View Full Version : Not Horror, but anyone going to Philcon?

wayzim
08-Nov-2008, 02:56 PM
Philcon 2008 is mainly Sci Fi, a regular con, not a merchandiser's fair, but it has had a sprinkling of Horror over the years. This time around it's being held across the river in Cherry Hill NJ, right on Rt 70, the weekend before Thanksgiving (Nov 21-23 ) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

http://2008.philcon.org/

Haven't been able to get to as many conventions as I used to, so if any HPOTD fans are going, might be fun to say Hi to each other.

Wayne Z
"This ain't no midnight fright flick or creature double feature, babe. "
Author of DeadFall, The Nuked and The Dead, as well as other HPOTD fiction.

wayzim
01-Dec-2008, 01:13 PM
Philcon 2008 is mainly Sci Fi, a regular con, not a merchandiser's fair, but it has had a sprinkling of Horror over the years. This time around it's being held across the river in Cherry Hill NJ, right on Rt 70, the weekend before Thanksgiving (Nov 21-23 ) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

http://2008.philcon.org/

Haven't been able to get to as many conventions as I used to, so if any HPOTD fans are going, might be fun to say Hi to each other.

Wayne Z
"This ain't no midnight fright flick or creature double feature, babe. "
Author of DeadFall, The Nuked and The Dead, as well as other HPOTD fiction.

So,
Hope everyone had a great Turkey day.

I did end up at Philcon this year but only a couple days out of the weekend.
It seemed alot smaller than the previous cons, though I spent most of it catching up with old friends, including a zombie fan from way back.( we'd actually run an original role play scenario with the gamers acting as themselves. It was pretty damn effective. )
He did do a zombie panel on Saturday the 22nd but I had to work that night.
Friday I went to a Vampire panel, covering the persistent appeal of the undead in literature and film, which was mostly redundant. I discovered I actually knew more than most of the panelists and since it came down to audience participation i got some good talking points in.
The best part of that was chatting about the Hammer series of movies about the Karnstein vampire family, starting with Blood and Roses(61) and continuing through to Twins of Evil(71) with twin playmates Mary & Madeline Collinson. For you horn-dogs, most of these concerned vampirism in girls schools, so enjoy.
Sunday I was back to hanging out and that's where I bumped into my zombie bud. He's gonna help out with an editoral problem with this damn novel I've warring with for way too long.

Happy Holidays all.

Wayne Z

Imagine that you rise each sunset to a new world, an earth in revolt. The artifice of Humanity had been your sea to swim in, feeding with abandon upon what seemed an endless resource. You prowled city and town, confident in your public anonymity, for as much as the Food thought they knew you, they were very wrong. In the end, of course, so were you.

Preserve(formerly Preservation of A Species);The Novel