PDA

View Full Version : Walmart of the dead 5? WTF?!?

Usumgal
12-Nov-2008, 08:43 PM
So I huge fan of the Walmart of the Dead series and have been eagerly awaiting part five. Where is it? Anybody? The author said in a PM MONTHS ago that he had a three book ebook of it already written and to be released soon but can find nothing on it. Anybody??

Exatreides
13-Nov-2008, 12:44 AM
Message him again is all I can recommend.

Bub666
13-Nov-2008, 03:07 AM
I love the Walmart of the Dead series.I hope there is another one.:D

Arcades057
13-Nov-2008, 04:56 PM
OK, so the original idea was to get people interested in the series and then do the capitalist dog thing and make money off of it.

Since the publishing thing didn't quite work out--the e-book guru I was using went MIA--I'm editing the 2nd book and rewriting the 3rd book now. The continuity was kind of fruity for the 2nd and 3rd books and I didn't like the direction, so I scrapped 200+ pages and rewrote the entire 3rd part. It's still being written now, but the best part (to me, anyway) is that doing it this way will allow for a 4th, possibly a 5th book eventually.

Bear with me, it's coming...

Usumgal
13-Nov-2008, 06:29 PM
OK, so the original idea was to get people interested in the series and then do the capitalist dog thing and make money off of it.

Since the publishing thing didn't quite work out--the e-book guru I was using went MIA--I'm editing the 2nd book and rewriting the 3rd book now. The continuity was kind of fruity for the 2nd and 3rd books and I didn't like the direction, so I scrapped 200+ pages and rewrote the entire 3rd part. It's still being written now, but the best part (to me, anyway) is that doing it this way will allow for a 4th, possibly a 5th book eventually.

Bear with me, it's coming...

Ugh. I hate doing re-writes. Glad to hear you're still doing it though. :hyper:Any luck on getting part one out, though?

I was wondering, though, if you're going to use the Walmart title, since they might get upset legally?

Arcades057
15-Nov-2008, 01:56 PM
The official name was something different. The first was going to be called The Dead Among Us, the second was Vengeance of the Dead, and the third was going to be called In the Presence of My Enemies. Now, I'm not sure. It will likely be posted here exclusively and not published; if that's the case it will remain Walmart of the Dead, though the following parts take place elsewhere.

Usumgal
18-Nov-2008, 03:54 PM
The official name was something different. The first was going to be called The Dead Among Us, the second was Vengeance of the Dead, and the third was going to be called In the Presence of My Enemies. Now, I'm not sure. It will likely be posted here exclusively and not published; if that's the case it will remain Walmart of the Dead, though the following parts take place elsewhere.

Gotcha. You oughta think about actually publishing it. Myself, if one or two of the projects I am currently working on turns out alright I am going to self-publish, as an author friend of mine recommended.

I am going to use Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/). They're rated #1 and they have some great options, like publishing in hardcover format. If you know how to set up a margin and know your way around a PDF file you can cut your price in half, too.:)

Arcades057
04-Dec-2008, 07:07 PM
OK, I just sent off the first part of the continuation of this series, so it should be up soon.

Neil
05-Dec-2008, 01:30 PM
ok, i just sent off the first part of the continuation of this series, so it should be up soon.

;) :)

UndeadAnthology
10-Dec-2008, 08:57 PM
It will likely be posted here exclusively and not published; if that's the case it will remain Walmart of the Dead, though the following parts take place elsewhere.

I'll admit I haven't read any of the series, but it sounds interesting. Get in touch if you ever get it cleaned up and put together in a novel length form. :)

Wyldwraith
23-Jan-2009, 04:07 AM
The next 2 parts of the series are up in the Fiction Section BTW,
They're titled Vengeance of the Dead or somesuch. Straight continuation of the flight from the Walmart in the wake of Markham's escape.

Arcades057
24-Jan-2009, 03:43 AM
Not to mention the Beast of LBL is set in the same universe and features Markham and one of his people.

Thanks to everyone who is interested in the storyline. I'm writing this for you.

Exatreides
28-Jan-2009, 02:12 AM
Good job Arc, it's always been a pleasure to read your stuff.

Arcades057
29-Jan-2009, 03:03 AM
Good job Arc, it's always been a pleasure to read your stuff.

Thanks bro.

By the way, the third part of Vengeance is in Neil's grubby lil paws now.

(waits for Neil to whip out the banhammer...) :p

soulsyfn
10-Feb-2009, 07:01 PM
Just got done reading all 4 of the Walmarts and I am RUNNING over to the fiction site to get the Vengence series now! This is some good reading!

fartpants
12-Feb-2009, 06:45 PM
another good read, keep them coming

Usumgal
15-Feb-2009, 04:41 AM
Thanks bro.

By the way, the third part of Vengeance is in Neil's grubby lil paws now.

(waits for Neil to whip out the banhammer...) :p

Neils is great. He is so awesome... ( hey, Neil, is this flattery making you wanna do another fiction section update faster? If so Ill keep it up) Neil is so amazing that he once beat up Chuck Norris...:D

soulsyfn
17-Feb-2009, 09:04 PM
Damn this story is awesome... can't wait for Neil to upload #3... :(

How goes the upload?

mckool
25-Nov-2010, 02:10 AM
Any news on a new release for this storyline? You keep teasing the reader with the whole concept of the characters being dead and Tommy have a vision of being in a coma but you never seem to complete that particular piece of the plot. Is this because there is more?
I really loved the story and want to know where you are going with that part!!

Great work!

Arcades057
25-Nov-2010, 07:13 AM
Vengeance of the Dead is the continuation of the Walmart of the Dead series. There are four parts of that posted here, as well. Also check your PM box.