PDA

View Full Version : Homepage of the Dead visits the set of '???? of the Dead'

Neil
23-Nov-2008, 07:52 PM
Lee Karr visits the set of Romero's latest, yet to be named, living-dead film and reports back.

Click here (www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/question_setvisit.html) for a dead good read!

strayrider
24-Nov-2008, 01:18 AM
Another fantastic article! Thank you very much!

:D

-stray-

DawnGirl27
25-Nov-2008, 02:43 PM
Great interview with little snippets of what we can expect, like in this movie, the zombies won't be as far gone as in Land. Lee got some good background info and pics.

TR_Digital
02-Jan-2009, 01:54 AM
I am 38 yrs old now. I've watched every movie of the series since I first watched NOTLD in 1977. The first three chapters had this gritty some what realistic view to what our reactions to such a disaster would be like. Land came along and the movie was like some comic book crap! Buffy the vampire slayer. I wasn't even spooked. Diary did a little better yet still had these corn ball parts in the movie that made me gag at the poor writing. Someone please tell George to make a horror movie not a corny comic book. If this movie does the same thing I swear I will burn my copies of Night, Dawn & Day. How can you fall of from the classic style of Day of the Dead "85". The movie was so creepy, it deserves to close with Twilight in the same horrific NR rating fashion. You should be scared from the ambiance of the movie alone. Come on, a city with a f%$kn vehicle they could of just used an armored personnel carrier for... the story in land had a good idea, but the presentation was not realistic. Oh whatever... how bout the female paramedic in Diary kicking a patient in the beginning, if he wasn't a zombie... she'd be in jail right now.

bassman
05-Jan-2009, 12:38 PM
Someone please tell George to make a horror movie not a corny comic book.

Are you sure you've seen Dawn?:shifty:

TR_Digital
26-Jan-2009, 08:45 AM
Yes I have seen the movie like 10 times I think more but have'nt counted.
The more I view it the more I wish the Zack Snyder remake had more elements of the original in it.

ludovico
26-Jan-2009, 10:32 AM
That was a very good read
thanks 4 sharing

Philly_SWAT
27-Jan-2009, 02:10 PM
I am 38 yrs old now. I've watched every movie of the series since I first watched NOTLD in 1977. The first three chapters had this gritty some what realistic view to what our reactions to such a disaster would be like. Land came along and the movie was like some comic book crap! Buffy the vampire slayer. I wasn't even spooked. Diary did a little better yet still had these corn ball parts in the movie that made me gag at the poor writing. Someone please tell George to make a horror movie not a corny comic book. If this movie does the same thing I swear I will burn my copies of Night, Dawn & Day. How can you fall of from the classic style of Day of the Dead "85". The movie was so creepy, it deserves to close with Twilight in the same horrific NR rating fashion. You should be scared from the ambiance of the movie alone. Come on, a city with a f%$kn vehicle they could of just used an armored personnel carrier for... the story in land had a good idea, but the presentation was not realistic. Oh whatever... how bout the female paramedic in Diary kicking a patient in the beginning, if he wasn't a zombie... she'd be in jail right now.

I understand completely what you are saying. I dont know if you know, but Romero has stated many times that his intent in Dawn was for it to come off as comic-bookish. Whether it actually did or not is a subject for debate, but that was his intent.

ItsJustaScratch
29-Jan-2009, 10:58 AM
Are you sure you've seen Dawn?:shifty:

Exactly,

Don't mean to sound snooty, but I can't understand why some can't realise that this is infact,GAR's trademark style, which easily distinguishes itself from the current shakey camera, running zombie styles. I've noticed on other forums and websites, that after the Dawn remake, a big chunk of the general public are starting to prefer the 'Nike' style zombies over the traditional shambler,almost to the point of being mocked - a clear sign that the zombie genre is becoming more maintream and in my view, completely style over substance. Maybe some people see GAR as retro, others as dated? I strongly suggest to anyone who doesn't appreciate this style to skip the next film and wait for 28 Months Later or another Snyder production.:)

I myself, would donate my left testicle to watch Island/... Of The Dead.

Oh, brilliant read by the way!!

Philly_SWAT
29-Jan-2009, 08:26 PM
I've noticed on other forums and websites, that after the Dawn remake, a big chunk of the general public are starting to prefer the 'Nike' style zombies over the traditional shambler,almost to the point of being mocked - a clear sign that the zombie genre is becoming more maintream and in my view, completely style over substance.
I think most people do in fact prefer 'Nike" zombies....if you are talking about the ones that shambled at the Nike Manor missile site! :)

ItsJustaScratch
30-Jan-2009, 08:37 AM
I think most people do in fact prefer 'Nike" zombies....if you are talking about the ones that shambled at the Nike Manor missile site! :)

:lol:

Simon Peg interview with GAR:

GAR: I noticed in the Dawn remake that most of the zombies were wearing NIKE trainers.

SP: Well they need them for all that running.:p

AcesandEights
30-Jan-2009, 04:17 PM

:lol: Well played, Sir!

shootemindehead
19-Feb-2009, 04:37 PM
"I think it will be a lot more than Diary, but not a gore fest like Land was."

Ummm, he thinks "Land of the Dead" was a 'gorefest' ? Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good for the messy side of things.

bassman
19-Feb-2009, 04:43 PM
"I think it will be a lot more than Diary, but not a gore fest like Land was."

Ummm, he thinks "Land of the Dead" was a 'gorefest' ? Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good for the messy side of things.

The unrated cut of Land is loaded with gore.:confused:

shootemindehead
19-Feb-2009, 05:05 PM
Is it? I'll have to watch it again so. I don't remember it being that gory.