60GB Version: Open Price

North America, Europe and Australia: November 17th

In North America :
20GB: $499
60GB: $599

In Europe :
20GB: 499 Euros
60GB: 699 Euros

NO WAY I'm paying 600 bucks for a console.

MikePizzoff
09-May-2006, 04:00 AM
Pfffffffft. I bet it'll be just as cruddy as PS2. I can't count how many people I knew (including myself) that had problems with that system.

Danny
09-May-2006, 07:40 AM
that cant be right my pc is saying the 60gb is only 322 quid.:confused:

Rottedfreak
09-May-2006, 09:35 AM
Wow if it's that expeinsive it's got to be good.:rolleyes:

Tullaryx
09-May-2006, 02:07 PM
Makes the 360 quite a bargain now. :lol:

p2501
09-May-2006, 03:17 PM
Japan: November 11th
20GB Version: 59800 Yen
60GB Version: Open Price

North America, Europe and Australia: November 17th

In North America :
20GB: $499
60GB: $599

In Europe :
20GB: 499 Euros
60GB: 699 Euros

NO WAY I'm paying 600 bucks for a console.

EFFF DAT.

There's more info over on Cnet
http://reviews.cnet.com/4331-12331_7-6518735.html?tag=ltstimg

but the short is the $500 system is bare bones and will not offer as much compatability as the $600. lacking both the Flash memory reader (no PSP compatability) and an HDMI port (say what!). it's the ghetto version of the system.

Sony just dropped the ball big time. i think it's apparent at this point they're scrambeling to get this system out no matter what. and in so doing, they're cutting corners, i think after E3 they'll couter all of this by offering "add on" components that will integrate these missing features. but what the **** a two tiered system?

i''l bet hard cash right now there are going to be massive shortages of the high end system. and come the day after christmas, their are going to be an assload of returns on the basic system, by people who bought the wrong one. given this and the third reichness of sony's in house customer service personel, their is a high chance of a ****load of people getting disenfranchised with sony, damn quick.

and not to get all, fan boy. but if the WIi steps up. it's dimly possible PS3 could be rendered into the third ranked system by Q4 2006.

I can't believe Sony dropped the ball this badly.:(

Tullaryx
09-May-2006, 03:58 PM
The barebones system they seem to be trying to mimic the 360 Core system. But when one looks at the 360 Core system, all it's really missing is the 20GB HDD. The Core system still has all the other bells and whistles under the hood as the Premium. Anyone else notice that the PS3 controller will not have force-feedback.

p2501
10-May-2006, 03:52 PM
agreed. the one big selling point for me on the PS3 was it could integrate with the PSP. but the low end model won't be able to do that as it lacks the flash memory port.

sorry but there's not way i'm dropping $600+ on a new system in it's first year. not when GTA has migrated over to xbox.

Tullaryx
10-May-2006, 04:05 PM
Anyone talking that the PS3 is going to not sell well is dreaming. Though I can see the PS3 taking longer to sell the millions Crazy Ken says it will. Outside of the diehard PS fanatics and diehard gamers (one which I am a part of), the PS3 just doesn't look that affordable to the general consumer. If Microsoft cuts the price on the 360 Premium system to coincide with the PS3 launch, this holiday season if a parent wants to get their kid a new console, they will either go with an older, cheaper gen system, or looking at the nextgen ones go with the real cheap Wii or the mid-range 360.

Danny
10-May-2006, 04:17 PM
well heres why i think the ps3 will suck.

1:stole microsofts xbox live idea word for word.

2:now stolen nintendos back catalogue ideas.

3:the controller is plain stupid.

4:the font for the logo is the same as the spiderman 2 posters.

5:now gta and final fantasy are going over to xbox theres really no ps only games worth getting it for.

6:blu-ray?, smells like laserdiscs and betamax syndrome to me.

7:theyve been using killzone 2 as a selling point for it.

now dont get me wrong i loved my ps2 when i had one but compared to the huge amount of back catalgoue games nintendos having and combine that with how many non gamers bought the ds and want a .....wii.....then the 360 and the wii with games like halo 3 ,dead rising, twilight princess and live and back catalouges i really think the ps3 will be the last console for sony, much like the dreamcast for sega, times are changing and people want more than another football or racing game they want breath taking scenery cinemtaics ,orchestral sounds , awesome storylines and guitar hero, but thats beside the point.:lol:

p2501
10-May-2006, 04:20 PM
yep.

what i'm seeing asa concern about the ps3 is A) the console is bieng rushed. B) the controllers they ripped off from Nintendo and C) the decent system is going to run $600 with a generation 1 bluray dvd unit. given Sony' warranty issues with their DVD drives in the PS2 there is alot of hesitation i've seen to run out and buy a unit that may crap out on you.

also given the GTA, FF and Sports migrations over to Xbox, the only series i play that's PS exclusive is Ace Combat. and frankly i can live without it.

i suspect Xbox may try to either drop is prices this Xmas, or start selling Combos again, but at a discounted rate.

Danny
10-May-2006, 04:23 PM
tell me about it i havent got my 360 yet for reasons i stated in another thread, but in my local game there selling the premium package with 4 games ,a face plate and an extra controller for ,get this, £400, now thats insanely cheap compared to the ps3 and considering the launch issue with faulty ps2's and the rumors of $70 ps3 games i really think this is it for sony.

Tullaryx
10-May-2006, 04:24 PM
The big bet has them lowering the price on the system by as much as a hundred dollars. This low price will be off-set by the HD-DVD peripheral which cuold be priced from 150-200. But that's the deal, it's an optional peripheral that no one but the hardest of the hardcore will decide to get.

So, if faced by a $600 PS3 and a $300 360 Premium...I think most parents would go for the latter.

Danny
10-May-2006, 04:27 PM
allthough with that £400 deal you DO have to get a tomb raider game, unfortunatly:D

p2501
10-May-2006, 04:53 PM
tell me about it i havent got my 360 yet for reasons i stated in another thread, but in my local game there selling the premium package with 4 games ,a face plate and an extra controller for ,get this, £400, now thats insanely cheap compared to the ps3 and considering the launch issue with faulty ps2's and the rumors of $70 ps3 games i really think this is it for sony.

that's pretty much what we have here as well. coresystem + hard drive + a game or two + wireless controllers. = $600-700.

i'll probably end up buying the system at some point ths year, towards October or novermber, once there are more games out. and if my old xbox can hold up untill then.

one thing about sony. i have to say i'm disappointed with the lack of anything noteworthy about the PSp to come out from e3 thusfar.

The big bet has them lowering the price on the system by as much as a hundred dollars. This low price will be off-set by the HD-DVD peripheral which cuold be priced from 150-200. But that's the deal, it's an optional peripheral that no one but the hardest of the hardcore will decide to get.

So, if faced by a $600 PS3 and a $300 360 Premium...I think most parents would go for the latter.

i can see them doing this as well.

an $500-600 combo with the core system, hard drive and HD DVd Unit would sell pretty damn well.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?keyword=&platform=32&filter=0&lookin=title&rangeFrom=0&rangeTo=all&genre=31&selection=ALL&searchtype=adv&sortby=default&OrderAscDesc=Asc&imageFlag=show&statcd=&searchbutton.x=116&searchbutton.y=18

here's a link to the current combos offered on Gamestop.com.

Danny
10-May-2006, 05:02 PM
now compared to the 360 the my xbox looks reet retro, but its still the pimp of this gen consoles.:D

but only cus i got the daemonic mitosis kit from gameworx.net :D

Bunker65
10-May-2006, 06:25 PM
What I'm interested in hearing is what the diehard PS fanboys will be saying about the size of the PS3. If you remember when the Xbox came out people were complaining about it's size & weight. The PS3 is bigger then both the Xbox & the 360:

PS3: 325mm x 98mm x 274mm / 5kg
Xbox: 320mm x 101mm x 260mm / 3.84kg
Xbox 360: 309mm x 83mm x 258mm /3.49kg

It's going to be funny to hear the PS fanboys justify the size of the PS3 when they were killing the Xbox for being HUGE :D.

Tullaryx
10-May-2006, 06:30 PM
What I'm interested in hearing is what the diehard PS fanboys will be saying about the size of the PS3. If you remember when the Xbox came out people were complaining about it's size & weight. The PS3 is bigger then both the Xbox & the 360:

PS3: 325mm x 98mm x 274mm / 5kg
Xbox: 320mm x 101mm x 260mm / 3.84kg
Xbox 360: 309mm x 83mm x 258mm /3.49kg

It's going to be funny to hear the PS fanboys justify the size of the PS3 when they were killing the Xbox for being HUGE :D.

Of course it's big. How the hell can you play and grill yourself a burger if it was small. I swear that thing looks like one of those new generation George Foreman grills. I think one reason for its size has to be the Blu-Ray drive. First generation drives of any new media formats always come out bigger.

Bunker65
10-May-2006, 06:42 PM
Of course it's big. How the hell can you play and grill yourself a burger if it was small. I swear that thing looks like one of those new generation George Foreman grills. I think one reason for its size has to be the Blu-Ray drive. First generation drives of any new media formats always come out bigger.

:lol: that's great !! Someone with some Photoshop skills will have to work on a George Foreman hawking the PS3 pic !! :D

p2501
10-May-2006, 06:59 PM
google image search it .

it's already been done.

nevermind, i found one.

http://www.sonyplaystation3news.com/images/ps3-grill.jpg

Danny
10-May-2006, 07:09 PM
google image search it .

it's already been done.

nevermind, i found one.

thats my new desktop picture now.:lol:

Tullaryx
10-May-2006, 07:10 PM
You know, it would be cool if a console can do that. A player will never have to leave his seat if the console is set-up right next to him.

Danny
10-May-2006, 07:13 PM
with a british add on preriferal that makes your 360 make a decent kebab, oy gates dont be stingy wit' doner!:lol:

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 07:22 PM
:D
times are changing and people want more than another football or racing game they want breath taking scenery cinemtaics ,orchestral sounds , awesome storylines and guitar hero, but thats beside the point.:lol:

That's Halo 3 right there.

Remember the uproar over H2 the day it came, how it shattered all previous records for a single day video game sales. All the fan boy geeks were dressing up in their master chief costumes and waiting in line for like 5 hours to get a copy at midnight? Remember all that?

You ain't seen nothing yet. The Halo 3 hype will be ridiculous! Like nothing we have ever seen in the video game world.

How many of you guys remember that GTA San Andreas came out on the same day as Halo 3?

I have been putting off geting a 360 for the price to drop, but if it has not by the time H3 comes out, I will be getting my 360.

I do not have a ps2, but I have 2 xbox's, we also own 3 gamertags for live. we are an xbox family so I can not ever see us buying a ps3.

At that price, there's no way I would!

I would buy one if they incorporated the GF Grill in it though!:D

Danny
10-May-2006, 07:28 PM

Remember the uproar over H2 the day it came, how it shattered all previous records for a single day video game sales. All the fan boy geeks were dressing up in their master chief costumes and waiting in line for like 5 hours to get a copy at midnight? Remember all that?

umm actually no, in engladn there was no hype i ran to the store wheni got off the bus and there was one clerk reading a copy of the ultimate xmen behind the counter and shelves of halo 2 copys he said no one had come in yet and that was at 12:35.

dmbfanintn
10-May-2006, 07:37 PM
Well there was hype here in the states. It was all over TV how people were standing in line and stuff.

I live in a small town (Pop 10,000) and my son and I walked right into Game Stop and picked up our copy (SE with the tin case and DVD).

Bunker65
10-May-2006, 07:43 PM
google image search it .

it's already been done.

nevermind, i found one.

:lol: Thanks for posting the pic p2501.

Zombie Dollie
10-May-2006, 07:50 PM
Blahh too much money. I've always considered myself a "Gamer" but maybe not an extreme one since I'm younger and yeah never have any money, I can't hold onto that stuff to save my life. I was really looking forward to the Playstation 3 but now I've started to get into more xbox games and I'm looking into the Xbox 360 as the next big thing I beg for from my parents or try to save up for.
Right now though I still have fun playing my PS2 and regular old Xbox it's always funny how you get the "Cool" or "Newer" consoles and then the "More" new ones come out all soon it's depressing but it happens that way with everything haha. I still have my Sega and Nintendo 64 from when those used to be "OMGWTF Todallllyyee Awsome!!111" It's fun to compare the games now. ^^

Danny
10-May-2006, 07:56 PM
i think ,from the ones ive added up, ive finished 1600 games so... yeah i guess i am a hardcore gamer i usually go to game were they sell 4 for £20 so i go through about 8 games a month.
im hopeing that in the year after next, when ive finished college and hopefully get into some freelance work with writing ,photography and my own movies, to enter the world cyber games as i think i could make to the final rounds, they need smash bros. though.

p2501
10-May-2006, 08:16 PM

You ain't seen nothing yet. The Halo 3 hype will be ridiculous! Like nothing we have ever seen in the video game world.

How many of you guys remember that GTA San Andreas came out on the same day as Halo 3?

I have been putting off geting a 360 for the price to drop, but if it has not by the time H3 comes out, I will be getting my 360.

I do not have a ps2, but I have 2 xbox's, we also own 3 gamertags for live. we are an xbox family so I can not ever see us buying a ps3.

At that price, there's no way I would!

I would buy one if they incorporated the GF Grill in it though!:D

i went to a midnight release for H2, and i'm usually one of the first people to jump on the dork hate bangwagon, the release was pretty chill. it was mostly adults just jibba jabberin with one another, and picking on the "fast and the furious" kids that were driving though the shoping center parking lot.

Danny
10-May-2006, 08:47 PM
fast and the furious kids huh?, we got them over here too ,retards that like to use the word 'torque' about 35 times a day.:D

Tullaryx
11-May-2006, 05:08 PM
By now people will have guessed that I am not an uber-Sony fan. The new PS3 infor being released this week hasn't changed my mind, but they did show one game that grabbed my interest: Assassin's Creed. It's suppose to have a sandbox-style gameplay like GTA and Oblivion.

p2501
11-May-2006, 05:20 PM
"Torque" bwahahahahha. that's pathetic.

Danny
11-May-2006, 07:03 PM
and retarded...

...retarded at 500mph!:|

Tri0xin
11-May-2006, 10:17 PM
Who would actually spend that kind of cash on a console?:mad:

Tullaryx
11-May-2006, 10:38 PM
Well, the hardcore Sony fanboys (and yes there are MS and Nintendo ones too) with rich parents or good paying jobs. Then there are the hardcore gamers who want to get every new console on the first day its released. I am one of those, but I think I will break my streak of getting the newest console from Day One and no later than a month later. I don't see myself getting a PS3 until probably spring 2007.

Danny
11-May-2006, 11:44 PM
im getting a 360 in august, a wii on the launch day.

and for £599 you could get a pretty decent 2nd hand car.:lol:

DeadJonas190
12-May-2006, 04:35 AM

Remember it?! Hell, I worked it. We had a case with at least 150 pre-order games in it and in 15 minutes they were gone. It was pretty crazy with all the people, but we gave away free Blockbuster Game Rush stuff and a whole bunch of promo material for games. As busy as it was, it was actually a fun experiance.

As for GTA San Andreas and Halo 2 (I am guessing thats what you meant) they came out 2 or 3 weeks apart. STA: SA came out in mid October (17th, maybe the 19th) and Halo 2 came out November 9th of the same year. I only remember this because we did a midnight sale for both games on their release dates.

As for the PS3, I am pretty much done with Sony at this point. I have had nothing but problems with my PS2 as well as everybody else I know who happens to own one and the high price for the PS3 is more thant what I would ever spend on a game system unless I was a millionaire, which I'm not. Besides the lackluster presentation of games coming out for it, PS3 is really nothing special. It did not give me that "must have" feeling like I felt when I saw the Wii info. Also, after comparing the games coming out on all systems, I will definatly have an Xbox 360 long before a PS3 as it looks to have a much better line up and is much more affordable (especially if the rumoured price drop hits in November). So, to sum things up, I will have a Wii on launch day (my job guarantees it), an Xbox 360 sometime in early 07, and a PS3 when they hit the bargain bin in late 07.

PS3 = Neo Geo

Think about it.

MinionZombie
12-May-2006, 10:34 AM
The price of the PS3 is a friggin' joke, I can't believe they're going to charge that for the console - then there's the GAMES to buy, they'll be £60 most likely. Daylight robbery I call it. I kinda hope that Sony goes down in flames for making such a hash of this whole PS3 thing ... I say rock on Xbox and roll up Pee-Pee or whatever it's called these days.

Danny
12-May-2006, 02:05 PM
oh didnt you hear theyve renamed it again the pee-wii herman,:lol:

p2501
12-May-2006, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=DeadJonas190]
PS3 = Neo Geo

[QUOTE]

you're damn right.

aparently the games are going to be selling for $70 for the "premium" titles.

i really can't describe how disappointed i am Sony blunderfukked this platform.

Danny
12-May-2006, 05:01 PM
bring on dead rising and twilight princess i say.

erisi236
12-May-2006, 07:36 PM
PS3 = Neo Geo

Think about it.

I had a Neo Geo :cool:

and reguarly shelled out $300 for 1 game, I'm odd that way :D

Tullaryx
12-May-2006, 08:18 PM
I had a Neo Geo :cool:

and reguarly shelled out $300 for 1 game, I'm odd that way :D

I still have my Neo Geo and my 3DO :)