View Full Version : Horror-Movies.Ca Reviews Deadlands 2

DjfunkmasterG
08-Dec-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_5171.htm

8 out of 10.

bassman
08-Dec-2008, 05:00 PM
Cool. Congrats.

You notice the typo of Deadlands 2: The Rising?

DjfunkmasterG
08-Dec-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah I noticed that. :p

MinionZombie
08-Dec-2008, 05:56 PM
Kick ass dude. :)

AcesandEights
08-Dec-2008, 06:23 PM
Nice, DJ! There was a tantalizing, almost spoilerish, piece of info in there, but it was a very good review overall!

Good to see you're getting some good coverage for your project.

Bunker65
08-Dec-2008, 06:43 PM
Very nice review DJ :cool:. The line in the review that caught my attention the most and made me laugh as well was: "Now the print that I have seen is probably going to be much different with what will end up on the final DVD release."

I was laughing because after seeing the film at the Queens Internation Film Festival you were talking about the changes that needed to be made :D.

Whatever version is the "final" it will be great & I can't wait to add it to my collection !! Plus, I'll be able to see the differences from the version I saw :cool:.

MinionZombie
08-Dec-2008, 07:50 PM
Indeed, having seen the current cut of the flick, I'll be looking forward to seeing the final version of it. A good review that was, and very much after my own heart in terms of opinion on the flick too.

Deadlands 2 kicks Deadlands 1's ass, but in a good, great progress achieved, sort of way. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
09-Dec-2008, 06:49 PM
I can give you guys the heads up on what was cut (& added) right here.

Added additional scenes of the town being prepped for the unleashing of the zombies

Strip Club Scene, cut it down by 30 seconds, mostly to help with pacing.

Moved and edited Date Rape Scene, this takes place a little later in the movie, not much later, but I just moved it back to its original point before it was moved to where it is now.

Theater Search - This has been cut down slightly, again for pacing.

When they are in the office checking the security cameras and decide to go to the roof it cut to them saying lets go to the roof to them walking through the projection booth and another hallway before going to the roof, now it goes from them saying We can see better on the roof to them coming up out of the hatch onto the roof. (Pacing Cut)

The group discussion upon their learning of the zombies being government started has now been cut back. It stayed pretty tame and went a little too far off the deep end when it went into the references about the US patriot act. I removed all references to the Patriot Act. (Pacing Cut and the discussion became way to heavy handed in social commentary)

New scene added - The two guys playing pool now have an additional scene out on the road. (Think Zombie Mayhem, this was a scene filmed but hadn't gotten around to editing for the movie)

Some soundtrack changes - New songs added to replace songs I only had film festival rights too.

Ending, slightly re-cut, but in all still about the same. Mostly fixed un-even acting in terms of different takes.

End Credits changed - Different photos added during the end credits.

All though a scene was added the cuts out weigh the additions and now the film clocks in at a running time of 82 minutes with the Helena, Hussy of Horror Intro, and 79 Minutes without the intro. I trimmed about 3 minutes off the movie.

MinionZombie
09-Dec-2008, 09:54 PM
Cool info there Deej.

I'm glad you decided to fiddle with the gubment talk, I liked it, but felt it was a bit on the heavy side, it'll be stronger with less I think.

Also, glad you tweaked the ending (which we talked about in PMs), and the pacing cuts sound like neat little tweaks.

Top bananas there, Sir. :cool::)