PDA

View Full Version : Themes

DjfunkmasterG
09-Dec-2008, 06:36 PM
Ok, I appreciate the whole XMAS thing, but... can I please have the option to change back to my normal profile. WHile this may be Dec 9th 2008, it is still to early for me to give a damn about XMAS. :D

3pidemiC
09-Dec-2008, 07:30 PM
P2KrP5lKoqM

bassman
09-Dec-2008, 07:36 PM
I would have to agree. The option to turn it off would be nice...

DjfunkmasterG
09-Dec-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok, well thats 2 of us who think the same way.

Trust me I do appreciate the gesture and I am all into the festivities, but 16 days before XMAS is a bit too early. The week of XMAS would have been ok.

So, how about letting us go back to our normal profiles?

bassman
09-Dec-2008, 08:33 PM
I can deal with the theme, but it seems to be slowing down HPotD for me. Every other site I go to is "zip, zip, zip", then I get here and it takes about 30 seconds for the pages to load. This was happening before, and now it seems to be that much slower.

As DJ said, It's kind of you to put your time into something like this, but the option to turn it off would be appreciated.

3pidemiC
09-Dec-2008, 08:56 PM
This site is always slow for me.

Maybe give the option (like other forums do) to change our theme to all that are available. So that people can have the Halloween and Xmas themes all year round?

Andy
09-Dec-2008, 10:40 PM
Well the server has been experiencing problems lately, so i think its unfair to completely blame my xmas theme for the slowdown a minority of people are experiencing, as the theme was completely tested before it was released.

For example, the snowflake effect was originally done with images of snowflakes which did cause major drag so i replaced them with stop marks of varying styles which creates the same effect but without the drag.

I Appreciate some of you feel its too early, my thinking was this is the time i put my tree up and decorate my house, so this is the time i want to decorate HpotD. however, if people really want, i will look at re-enabling the main styles to give people a option.

And 3pidemiC, your suggestion of having all theme's enabled all year round will not happen as i feel it would really demean the effect of the seasonal styles when they are enabled.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Dec-2008, 12:23 AM
I would like the option. If that wouldn't be too much trouble.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Dec-2008, 10:12 AM
Ok, Christmas is over, Can I have my THEME back now? Please?

I have nothing against XMAS< but I hate the shoutbox and all the other stuff being at the top. I prefer it at the bottom, like it is on my style.

Thank You

3pidemiC
27-Dec-2008, 05:09 PM
Just like the real Christmas tree, it doesn't go down until AT LEAST New Years Day.

:)

ProfessorChaos
27-Dec-2008, 05:21 PM
^
try telling that to my grandmother. she's always taking her tree down the day after christmas....and her damn lights on her house, which usually consists of those hanging icicle lights, which involves me having to get on the roof.:rolleyes:

Andy
27-Dec-2008, 05:30 PM
Jan 1rst, when the season is over.