PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite part and least favorite part in Land of the dead

NumberOneGARFan
10-May-2006, 08:40 AM
My favorite part is near the end of the film, after Kaufman gathers his money, he tells his other board member to "look out, get down" and then blasts him quickly in the back of the head. That one was a gut buster (ahh... my sick humor). My least favorite part is when cholo becomes a zombie and still finds his way to Kaufman trying to flee to his boat. Kinda cheesy.

bassman
10-May-2006, 12:48 PM
Favorite: Opening sequence with the "EATS" sign and gazebo band.

Least Favorite: "AAARRRGGGHHH" - I think you know what I mean.

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 01:25 PM
The opening sequence up to the raid in Uniontown; The line "Zombies, man. They creep me out." - Fav

least - I will agree with bassman. Big Daddy sucks!

Hey bassman, this is a photo I took of a sign on an abandoned builing near the ancient cemetery I hang out in.

It cracks me up everytime I see it.
http://static.flickr.com/44/143986365_820cf84b9b.jpg

sammaeal
10-May-2006, 05:46 PM
The opening was genius, particularly the band. I also enjoyed when the dead came out of the water a-la Apocalypse Now. as for parts I didn't like, zombie Cholo was a little off and when zombie chowdown in the streets felt too rushed.

mista_mo
10-May-2006, 06:14 PM
The raid scene was great, and I loved the shots outside of the city you know..really gives you an immpression of just how much the world was affected by the dead rising.

least favourite...Big daddy screaming basically...i'm trying hard to think of a specific scene I don't like...

a1150
10-May-2006, 09:19 PM
Favourite; Big Daddy filling up Kaufmans car.
Least favourite; the corny fireworks at the end.

MinionZombie
10-May-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't think I can quite make up my mind, I just thought the whole movie rocked. I watched it recently, but my brain doesn't retain enough information to answer a question such as this, lol.

Errrrmmmm...

The feeding frenzy at the end with the sping-tingling music is really emotional and that's one of my favourite parts. I don't think I have a least favourite part...

Adrenochrome
10-May-2006, 10:43 PM
my LEAST favorite seen(s) of all is the part(s) where Asia keeps her clothes on and isn't totally naked in any of the movie!:mad: Damn you, George. Damn you.

MinionZombie
10-May-2006, 11:04 PM
But that'd be like incest to the man, who considers her like a daughter ... still I'm on your side of the naughty-thought tracks. I love that "that's no boy" line from Charlie - friggin' excellent - that's another part of Land I absolutely love - anything Charlie does or says, Robert Joy is officially a legend in my book.

Also Adreno, if you haven't already, check out Last Days - yes nothing happens in the movie ... ever ... but Asia is one of the no-name groupie girls lounging around the mansion, her butt cheeks make a cameo a couple of times too, as I'm sure you'll like to know.

Bunker65
11-May-2006, 03:59 AM
Favorite: The opening shots of the zombies in the town. I thought it was great how they were going about a somewhat "normal" ,although zombified, existance :).

Least Favorite: Big Daddy's scream as others have already pointed out :|.

Moon Knight
11-May-2006, 06:25 AM
Charlie was such a great character, Robert Joy really brought him to life.
I wish GAR went a lil deeper with his character, tho... but overall he just rocked.

Favorite..hmm...since the opening was already used, I'll say the scene in the underground club, with the lil fat man, when Charlie blows his brains out, great stuff, and the lead up was awesome.

Least fav I must say was when the undead hit the Green. Felt rushed, someone pointed out? I agree. Also, Cholo Zombie could have been better, overall, loved the film.

Adrenochrome
11-May-2006, 02:42 PM
But that'd be like incest to the man, who considers her like a daughter ... still I'm on your side of the naughty-thought tracks. I love that "that's no boy" line from Charlie - friggin' excellent - that's another part of Land I absolutely love - anything Charlie does or says, Robert Joy is officially a legend in my book.

Also Adreno, if you haven't already, check out Last Days - yes nothing happens in the movie ... ever ... but Asia is one of the no-name groupie girls lounging around the mansion, her butt cheeks make a cameo a couple of times too, as I'm sure you'll like to know.
Charlie is one of my favorite characters in the flick. His intro scene is classic...Is he a zombie? NO! He's a main character!!
At first, his repetitive "..Just look at me" lines got under my skin, then, I realized, a man like him would be just like that.

I saw Last Days many years ago....will have to (re)check it out.
Have you seen B. Monkey? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Asia.

Charlie was such a great character, Robert Joy really brought him to life.
I wish GAR went a lil deeper with his character, tho... but overall he just rocked.

Ya, the scene in the jail cell; conversation between Charlie and Slack - could have been a little longer and given more history of his character (instead of the Cholo/old man Zombie/Fiddlers Green/Apt scene added.)

Tri0xin
11-May-2006, 10:02 PM
Riley's meeting with Kauffman. My least favorite part is when Riley refuses to to fire on Big Daddy with Dead Reckoning's guns.

deadwrtr
12-May-2006, 11:49 AM
The opening was genius, particularly the band. I also enjoyed when the dead came out of the water a-la Apocalypse Now. as for parts I didn't like, zombie Cholo was a little off and when zombie chowdown in the streets felt too rushed.

On an offnote, damn Sammaeal! That Horror Society site is loaded with stuff! Great job! I've bookmarked it (since it's going to take months to work through it all).

Nice work.

NumberOneGARFan
12-May-2006, 01:00 PM
Another favorite of mine would be close to the beginning when cholo is watching the fiddler's green commercial and the tv studders "...dine, dying." As if it is hinting that everyone is going to die.
Another least favorite part would be when a soldier is throwing a grenade at some zombies. He gets his arm chopped off, falls on it, covers it, and blows up. a little cheesy.

EvilNed
13-May-2006, 01:23 PM
Favourite part when people got muched. Least favourite parts were the ones where people didn't get munched. ;)

Seriously, I can't pick out one favourite and one least favourite scene. But the film has some awesome shots. My favourite shot is of Big Daddy and gang when they emerge from the water. Soooo effectfull.

DjfunkmasterG
13-May-2006, 01:29 PM
I have two scenes in the movie I really like.

The part in the unrated version where the zombie peels the guys face off.

When DEAD RECKONING shows up to help people trapped by the fences, and finds them being eaten alive. The music and the screams set the tone to be very emotional.

Least fave scene The other 95 minutes of the movie.

Adrenochrome
13-May-2006, 01:35 PM
Least fave scene The other 95 minutes of the movie.
LOL:p

MinionZombie
13-May-2006, 01:57 PM
Yeh, when the zombies rise from the water is one of my favourite shots too. It's so creepy, it really works well.

BUTCHYPIE
19-May-2006, 10:08 PM
I'll start with my "Least Favorite" part:

This problem has already been mentioned by others, but I just need to get it off my chest.

Society, as we know it, has fallen apart all over the world. They have confirmed that there is no radio contact outside Fiddler's Green any longer. Cholo, being one of the scavengers, is very familiar with what lies outside Fiddlers Green and is privy to the fact that they haven't made contact with other survivors in a while...

That being said, why in the hell would Cholo ask for MONEY of all things, when he's threatening Kaufman. Again: the guy's job was to go into the ABANDONED towns and take things. There are several banks in each town that can be raided, if anyone was so inclined... but they probably wouldn't because MONEY IS USELESS AT THIS POINT!!!!

Yeah, I know that currency of some form is being used in Fiddler's Green, but Cholo is leaving the city. He would have absolutely no use for money. Even if he's just trying to get back at Kaufman by taking the money Kaufman so loves, it still doesn't make sense. Kaufman could as easily acquire more money as he could canned goods, once they found a new way to raid without the souped-up R.V.

Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, especially the Director's Cut. I just hate this kind of sticky flaw...

Favorite thing: I like the way Romero looks at the underworld life of vice and the hidden economy of the Fiddler's Green outsiders. Booze, broads, roasted rat and antibiotics are the lifeblood of the new economy.

Long live the dead.

MinionZombie
19-May-2006, 11:13 PM
*sigh*

That bastard "money thing" ... I don't understand why people find it so hard to get to grips with the theory. I got it straight away. I'm not going to explain it all, I've done that at least four times in the past since the film was released...so if I do it again my head will explode, it's like saying "Candyman" too many times, no way am I getting my winky chopped off in a public bathroom!

BUTCHYPIE
20-May-2006, 05:46 AM
*sigh*

That bastard "money thing" ... I don't understand why people find it so hard to get to grips with the theory. I got it straight away. I'm not going to explain it all, I've done that at least four times in the past since the film was released...so if I do it again my head will explode, it's like saying "Candyman" too many times, no way am I getting my winky chopped off in a public bathroom!

MinionZombie,

I mean this respectfully, and I'm not trying to start a war... I just don't find any of the money arguments to be convincing. That's just me. Someone else's opinion is equally valid, and you've made a strong argument for your view. I didn’t want to revive this well-spoiled corpse of an quarrel; I just had to mention it to answer the poll.

I do screenplay coverage as part of my job, and problematic plots (or at least, what I perceive to be problematic) are like earwigs in my frontal lobe; I have difficulty ignoring them.

However, I do have to say that the film is strong overall with everything good that Romero has to dish up: horror, gore, humor and insightful social commentary. A fine addition to the Dead Films.

strayrider
20-May-2006, 05:52 AM
Favorite: the puppet show.

Least: any scene with "Slack" in it.

-stray-

MinionZombie
20-May-2006, 11:06 AM
Nah yeh, I didn't mean to be grumpy or short or whatever (although I am short and grumpy in real life :D), just I've witnessed the debate a few times. I respect your view though, and yep, Land rocks. :cool:

How I see it is, I think about how daft trading circles of metal and rectangles of paper must have been when money was first introduced (instead of trading a service for a service or an item for an item in ye olde days), and then think about the same thing happening in Land. A money system, which everybody already understands and 'gets' how it operates, that has been on 'hiatus' so-to-speak (thanks to zombies roaming the earth) has been brought back.

While the gubment controls the ebb and flow of the money to keep the economy going, likewise Hopper-man is doing the same thing and has created a mini-economy, although a very divided one.

That's my initial take, 'tip of the iceberg' of my view. But I won't continue, just showing you my side while respecting your views, kind Sir.

kar98k
25-May-2006, 05:53 AM
definetely the opening raid scene. it was cool to see all the zombies and how they changed from the other romero movies

o, and butchypie i see your point with the money. i am a HUGE romero fan and always will be, but wtf? money has to be rediculously easy to come by living in an undead apocalypse

MapMan
25-May-2006, 12:21 PM
Fav: Raid on Union Town
Least Fav: Zombies walking underwater.

bassman
25-May-2006, 12:25 PM
Least Fav: Zombies walking underwater.

They're never shown walking under water...

MapMan
25-May-2006, 12:27 PM
Do you think they were doing the freakin breast stroke ? They didn't show that either. They did show them walking out of the water.

bassman
25-May-2006, 12:31 PM
Do you think they were doing the freakin breast stroke ? They didn't show that either. They did show them walking out of the water.

Oh, okay. So you mean just the thought of the dead people being able to walk under water....not that it actually shows it. Got ya.

Yeah, I guess it is ridiculous to think of dead people, without the need to breathe, walking under water:sneaky:

Adrenochrome
25-May-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm sure there would have been a scene of them walking under water had Disney not pulled that trick with that stupid Johnny Depp flick.

Bunker65
25-May-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I know that currency of some form is being used in Fiddler's Green, but Cholo is leaving the city. He would have absolutely no use for money.

I may be wrong, and correct me if I am, but as I remember it Cholo wasn't leaving the city. Riley was the one that wanted to get out. Cholo wanted to move on up to live where Kaufmann & the rest of the "haves" lived so the money would have been important to him because it was important to Kaufmann & his ilk. Only after Kaufmann pretty much brushed him off did Cholo have any plans of doing anything other then moving up to live the "good life".

roger_19
28-May-2006, 03:46 AM
my favorite part of land of the dead is the entire beginning with the team in deadtown picking up the supplies and killing zombies, that young guy with cholo getting bit etc.I really loved the eerie atmosphere of those scenes in deadtown. my least favorite part is when dead reckoning arrives at the city and they see all the people being eaten and all of sudden it turns into a sad scene. that sequence just didn't work for me.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 07:28 AM
it's no secret that my least fav part of the movie is big daddy.. My favorite part is the sequence where they head out to stop cholo.

acealive1
26-Jun-2007, 07:45 AM
favorite part......"not a boy........"

least fav.....when pretty boy gets stopped from blowin big daddy to kingdom come

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 07:38 PM
Regardless about how i feel about the film i have to admit that line about 50,000 cars getting stolen in pillsbury's country had me in stitches, that was gold. My favorite light moment in the film by far.

acealive1
27-Jun-2007, 03:14 AM
the whole theatre had a chuckle about that,i was luaghing pretty good as well

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 03:19 AM
the whole theatre had a chuckle about that,i was luaghing pretty good as well

That was rather unusual for a gar film. I don't remember a funnier line in the series .

raym
28-Jun-2007, 03:08 AM
The intro is my fav part ^_^

It's well put together, and is like a short film, in itself.

Come to think of it, someone should make a short film like that, lol.

I'd pay to watch it.

:)

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 03:18 AM
I'd pay for someone to make a decent zed film for once. they need to stop concentrating on gore and realize that's not what the great zombie films are all about. It's like fulci's zombie. All anyone ever talks about is the part where the chick gets a splinter in the eye. It's as deep as that. There's really nothing more to it. Gar's films on the other hand have been praised for decadesd and will continue to be. Why, because they have depth.

bassman
28-Jun-2007, 11:58 AM
I'd pay for someone to make a decent zed film for once. they need to stop concentrating on gore and realize that's not what the great zombie films are all about. It's like fulci's zombie. All anyone ever talks about is the part where the chick gets a splinter in the eye. It's as deep as that. There's really nothing more to it. Gar's films on the other hand have been praised for decadesd and will continue to be. Why, because they have depth.

But on the other hand, people praise absolute crap like "Resident Evil" and "ROTLD". The world of cinema is going to sh*t....

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 04:33 PM
But on the other hand, people praise absolute crap like "Resident Evil" and "ROTLD". The world of cinema is going to sh*t....

Well, while i like RE, i never praised it. There are plenty of things they did wrong with that film not the least of which was the beginning which dragged on for a half hour, Totally boring imo. As for ROTLD, of course it's not a masterpiece. They tried to do something different with the, if you've read the book you know, crap Russo script partly out of respect for gar. Everybody has their own opinions that they're entitled to. I guess viewing it at a young age put it in a special place for me.

panic
28-Jun-2007, 06:53 PM
My least favorite part was the bit right after the opening credits and before they rolled that list of everyone involved with the film.

/p

Brubaker
29-Jun-2007, 11:49 PM
Favorite Part: The zombies showing up at the fence and overrunning the troops.

Least Favorite: The ending.

MissJacksonCA
30-Jun-2007, 06:14 AM
fav.. when rileys like someone shot the lil fat man

least... when they dont kill the zeds at the end of the flick...

its kill or be killed duuuuude

capncnut
01-Jul-2007, 12:18 AM
Favourite - The troops being overrun (must be a popular one).
Least favourite - Any scene where Big Daddy goes "RAAARRRGGGHHH!!!"

vito
05-Jul-2007, 05:00 AM
favorite part> the intro, blades kick ass scene and the whole cholo and kauffaman *battle*

Least favourite> it has to be the scene when cholo kill the old zombie who kill itself

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 08:17 PM
favorite part> the intro, blades kick ass scene and the whole cholo and kauffaman *battle*

Least favourite> it has to be the scene when cholo kill the old zombie who kill itself

Kaufman didn't put up much of a fight so i don't know if i'd call it a "battle."

I thought that the scene where the old man killed himself and turned was nescessary to the series. Not since the original NOTLD have we seen a person die from something other that a zombie bite and turn. People seem to think you have to get bitten to turn and that's just not true. That scene illustrated that point perfectly.

MissJacksonCA
14-Jul-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah but why did he have to wait for the fourth installment to show that? They should've done that in Day of the Dead when Miguel was bitten and Sarah lobbed off his arm and burned it to stop the bleeding... he shoulda died and turned and left you to wonder was it the bite or the losing a limb?

EvilNed
14-Jul-2007, 01:05 PM
Losing an army and cautorizing the wound ain't gonna kill ya. Especially the way Sarah burned that wound, there would not have been any chance of infection! Or?

In anycase, it was shown in Day: A soldier got shot, and later they found his undead head.

MissJacksonCA
14-Jul-2007, 01:13 PM
He coulda gone into shock and died... dont recall the scene with the soldiers head though... deffnly not a movie I watch ever...

mista_mo
16-Jul-2007, 06:55 AM
HERETIC

Burn the witch for not veiwing day of the dead at regular intervals!

Fav: The army guys fighting with the zombies, the opening raiding scene
hated: letting da zombies go at da end oi? enuff of dat.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jul-2007, 06:58 AM
ay now you have to be discriminating in the movies you watch regularly... I dont see you guys watching 28 days later or RE regularly despite their quality

frankly i barely like day of the dead over land of the dead i hate that movie so much i felt it was entirely riddick and the ending was the worst part of it

mista_mo
16-Jul-2007, 07:02 AM
i...i....i just...

ma-...i am stunned

i shall send my legions to destroy you post haste allright?

seriously, it's cool though, i mean, i always loved Day, and I think it is easily the best in the entire series.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jul-2007, 07:05 AM
well there's certainly no accounting for good taste now is there :moon:

mista_mo
16-Jul-2007, 07:16 AM
i saw your bum...

real mature.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jul-2007, 07:17 AM
well i would've given you the finger but they just dont have that ... grrr:mad:

mista_mo
16-Jul-2007, 07:20 AM
exibitionist.

now i know why you don't like Day

not enough naked bums.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jul-2007, 07:21 AM
what? that movie was full of assholes

mista_mo
16-Jul-2007, 07:23 AM
not the naked kind that make you go animalistic.

sick...sick sick sick sick.

stil, i stick with my original assesment of land

darth los
16-Jul-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah but why did he have to wait for the fourth installment to show that? They should've done that in Day of the Dead when Miguel was bitten and Sarah lobbed off his arm and burned it to stop the bleeding... he shoulda died and turned and left you to wonder was it the bite or the losing a limb?

He didn't wait until the fourth installment to show that. If you knew NOTLD like you should you would know that helen cooper turned after her daughter killed her with a gardening tool. She was never bitten.

LivingDeadBeat
19-Oct-2007, 03:59 PM
Favourite part: Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright making a Cameo, or Blades.
Least favourite: The really ugly, skinny stench that bites Cholo.

Danny
19-Oct-2007, 04:04 PM
favourite part: there a a lot of good little tid-bits about it but id say.... the whole bit with cholo from the hanged zombie to kaufman throwing him out fiddlers green, classic romero.

least favourite: "they call me motown":barf:

Trin
19-Oct-2007, 06:39 PM
least favourite: "they call me motown":barf:
OMG I hate, hate, hated all the stupid nick names.

Favourite: The Fireworks. I thought that was a cool new revelation about the zombies and they made inventive use of it.

Least: Zombies walking across the bottom of the river (I'm gonna beat that dead horse into a thin red paste).

Legion2213
19-Oct-2007, 07:54 PM
Best: When Kaufman murders that other bloke who rumbles him stealing the cash and making his getaway, the way he does it is just sooo ****in neat. :sneaky:

Worst: Loads of stuff, too much to list, but that idot with the headphones (mouse) was just asking to be slaughtered.

acealive1
19-Oct-2007, 08:13 PM
favorite "whats that? screaming practice?"

least favorite them not blowing the snot out of big daddy and the gang at the end

Doc
26-Oct-2007, 07:26 PM
Favorite part: All parts with Charlie, Feast at the end, opening

Least favorite: All parts with Slack

bassman
26-Oct-2007, 09:36 PM
Least favorite: All parts with Slack

How can you not enjoy this?
http://www.tonysimon.org/graphics/2004/nov/asia01.jpg

:p

acealive1
26-Oct-2007, 10:51 PM

yea...idk how someone cant like her. i'd baby batter her up REAL good:D

clanglee
27-Oct-2007, 01:13 AM
Favorite: All the parts with Asia in them!!! The chow scene.

Worst: To much to mention, but I'm gonna go with the whole stupid plot.

27-Oct-2007, 02:55 AM

was this in LAND? hmmm... definitely my favorite part

least favourite: Motown and the dumbass spaniard talking about who he was named after as though it was somehow relevant to anything.

capncnut
27-Oct-2007, 11:01 AM
I dunno man, I'd rump the granny out it personally...

Doc
28-Oct-2007, 03:47 AM

:p Uh....Well if you tell me all the main females in the series keep getting less and less attractive to me.:|

DjfunkmasterG
04-Nov-2007, 10:25 PM
Favorite part - end credits
Least favorite - the first 92 minutes (Unrated Cut) 88 minutes theatrical cut

Legion2213
06-Nov-2007, 01:40 AM
Favorite part - end credits
Least favorite - the first 92 minutes (Unrated Cut) 88 minutes theatrical cut

That's very harsh! :evil:

clanglee
06-Nov-2007, 09:10 PM
DJ, where were you during the last gasp of the "Hate" thread?

Trin
07-Nov-2007, 04:55 AM
DJ, where were you during the last gasp of the "Hate" thread?Ditto

ProfessorChaos
07-Nov-2007, 05:07 AM

not that into girls with tattoos, especially a gigantic obnoxious one right above her sniz.

she's pretty without all the tats, but that doesn't mean any movie she's in is gonna be great or anything. her character in land is worthless....along with the rest of the characters.

i liked the beginning credits, and the initial raid on the town, but big daddy and the rest of the zeds, along with the poorly developed characters really made this film suck.

DjfunkmasterG
07-Nov-2007, 11:04 AM
DJ, where were you during the last gasp of the "Hate" thread?

Trying to work out a deal to re-open a movie theater. That theater I am filming Trapped at went out of business October 22nd, the owners were going to let me take over and we were working it all out, but I was outbid by another party. Thankfully I can continue filming there.

bassman
07-Nov-2007, 12:04 PM
not that into girls with tattoos, especially a gigantic obnoxious one right above her sniz.

she's pretty without all the tats, but that doesn't mean any movie she's in is gonna be great or anything. her character in land is worthless....along with the rest of the characters.

i liked the beginning credits, and the initial raid on the town, but big daddy and the rest of the zeds, along with the poorly developed characters really made this film suck.

yeah, because I was serious about her looks making the movie great and everything.:|:rolleyes:

ProfessorChaos
07-Nov-2007, 10:34 PM
well, dude, i wasn't knocking your statement or anything, but it just seems to me that a large number of people who like land always mention something like "asia is so hot" as a reason to justify why this movie is good.

acealive1
07-Nov-2007, 10:48 PM
yeah, because I was serious about her looks making the movie great and everything.:|:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

shes hot regardless though :D

bassman
08-Nov-2007, 12:10 PM
shes hot regardless though :D

What he said.:)

Trin
09-Nov-2007, 02:25 PM
She is hot.

Sci-fi channel original movie hot. :p:lol:

Doc
08-Dec-2007, 04:22 AM
By the way who is this number 9 people are saying is also hot? :|

Legion2213
08-Dec-2007, 11:47 PM
By the way who is this number 9 people are saying is also hot? :|

She's the cheer leader zombie (with #9 on her shirt).

http://www.zombiephiles.com/gallery2/d/48-1/land-of-the-dead-hot-zombie.jpg

I felt that the little nun zombie from the original Dawn was nicer myself. :D

sandrock74
08-Dec-2007, 11:58 PM
My favorite part was definately the scene where Kaufman "warns" the other board member to duck and then caps his ass! I was dying when I first saw that! It still cracks me up. Says all you need to know about his character.
My least favorite scene would probably involve Big Daddy. If zombies don't beathe, how can they scream?
All in all, I like the movie and I don't think Asia Argento is particularly hot. I thought Motown was hotter. Just my opinion.

Legion2213
09-Dec-2007, 12:01 AM
My favorite part was definately the scene where Kaufman "warns" the other board member to duck and then caps his ass! I was dying when I first saw that! It still cracks me up. Says all you need to know about his character.
My least favorite scene would probably involve Big Daddy. If zombies don't beathe, how can they scream?
All in all, I like the movie and I don't think Asia Argento is particularly hot. I thought Motown was hotter. Just my opinion.

Yep, I tagged that as my fave scene of the whole movie as well, listening to the commentary it was pretty much improvised by Dennis Hopper in the way and manner he did it as well. So props to Mr Hopper, nice touch.

Doc
09-Dec-2007, 02:43 PM
She's the cheer leader zombie (with #9 on her shirt).

http://www.zombiephiles.com/gallery2/d/48-1/land-of-the-dead-hot-zombie.jpg

I felt that the little nun zombie from the original Dawn was nicer myself. :D OH! That one........not bad:p

Bertors
29-Dec-2007, 12:43 AM
Most favourite(s): The first 8 Minutes, AND that great scene when Cholo offers Kaufmann Champagne in a plain glass, and Kaufmann talks to Cholo about how there is no place in Fiddler´s Green, and then pours the Champagne in a proper Champagne Flute. Thats GREAT Film making, thats ART.

Least favourite: All Scenes with Big Daddy. I HATE this and I HATE the ending with this politically correct bullsh... about "they only want a place to live, just like us". That is so weak.

clanglee
29-Dec-2007, 01:22 AM
Yay!!! a new Anti!!!!:hyper:

SRP76
29-Dec-2007, 01:31 AM
Yay!!! a new Anti!!!!:hyper:

Well, to be fair, I don't think anybody likes Big Daddy. Even the staunchest Land supporters on here have said that they have issues with Big Daddy.

Mike70
29-Dec-2007, 03:25 AM
my favorite part would be the raid on the town that the film opens with.

least favorite part-big daddy on the road with his zombie minions.

clanglee
29-Dec-2007, 05:48 AM
Well, to be fair, I don't think anybody likes Big Daddy. Even the staunchest Land supporters on here have said that they have issues with Big Daddy.

True, but let me have my dreams

Trin
29-Dec-2007, 04:37 PM
Least favourite: All Scenes with Big Daddy. I HATE this and I HATE the ending with this politically correct bullsh... about "they only want a place to live, just like us". That is so weak.
Woot!!

I'll be the first to say that I'm a Dawn'04 hater. But one thing Dawn'04 got right was, "If I ever turn into one of those things you have my permission to blow my f*$king head off."

Whereas in Land we let them exist that way because we feel sorry for their plight and we say things like, "They're just looking for a place."

How did it come to that?

It's embarrassing for the zombies. Sorry Big Daddy but we no longer fear you zombies. You're just so darned pathetic and impotent we don't even feel the need to shoot you anymore.