EvilNed
02-Jan-2009, 07:23 PM
****... I got nothing.

capncnut
02-Jan-2009, 07:32 PM
"By the power of Greyskulll!!!" :D

MinionZombie
02-Jan-2009, 07:36 PM
For a minute there I almost believed this was gonna be a real thread ... but THANKFULLY it wasn't! :D

Ghey'08, aka Day of the Bulgarian Name-Raping Ceiling-Running CGI-Raptor Things, is absolutely indefensible ... it's beyond anus, it really is.

And what do I mean by that? This:

It's floating in the bog, lurking around just waiting for someone to lift the seat and go "ah dude, gross" before flushing the lav three times to shift it, while spraying Febreeze about like a Bug Bomb.

AcesandEights
02-Jan-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't know what's wrong with you people, or why you give this movie such a hard time.

Day '08 is perfect...the perfect coaster to set your pint on.

3pidemiC
02-Jan-2009, 08:11 PM
Heh. At least it's a lot easier to block this film (if you can go so far to call it that) out of our minds, unlike some other films that have used the original titles. I just thank my lucky stars that this film did not get a wide release. Pheeew. Although I don't care much for public opinion, this film would have disgraced the name of a truely great horror film. It has been done so many times before (Halloween, Aliens vs. Predator, Dawn(to some), etc.) and I'm just glad that it didn't happen to Day.

capncnut
02-Jan-2009, 08:22 PM
Although I don't care much for public opinion, this film would have disgraced the name of a truely great horror film. It has been done so many times before (Halloween, Aliens vs. Predator, Dawn(to some), etc.) and I'm just glad that it didn't happen to Day.
Actually RZ's Halloween is probably the prime example of an 'okay' remake. AVP and Yawn 04 I will agree with, although AVP is a sequel really.

Just don't mention The Fog remake. That's one film that makes Ghey 08 look like Ben Hur. :barf:

3pidemiC
02-Jan-2009, 11:05 PM
I will disagree with you about the RZ remake.

ProfessorChaos
03-Jan-2009, 01:32 AM
i must defend the halloween remake too. as a huge fan of the first two halloween films (all the others are non-existent in my book), i felt RZ did the series justice, at least compared to the crap that had come out with the name halloween attatched to it over the last couple of decades (busta ryhmes, anyone)

but i've not seen the day remake, nor will i ever, if i can help it, so i won't even bother commenting on this atrocity further.:moon:

nice thread, btw. when i first saw this, i was like: WTF?!?! should have busted this one out on april fool's day.

SRP76
03-Jan-2009, 09:21 AM
Well, I'm certain some zombies got shot in the head. I know, that's a reach, but it is a positive.

MinionZombie
03-Jan-2009, 09:45 AM
Well, I'm certain some zombies got shot in the head. I know, that's a reach, but it is a positive.
Whilst running across the ceiling on all fours ... a ceiling that crumbles mere seconds later - that sort of cork board ceiling ... how the f*ck can that support the weight of a person? Mind you, it was CGI, and CGI doesn't weigh anything, so...:rolleyes:

An absolute sh*t-piss anus fest is what it is.

sandrock74
03-Jan-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey now! To be fair, maybe the ceiling running zombie was Peter Parker!

Yeah, I don't think so either.

MontagMOI
03-Jan-2009, 07:09 PM
I gave this 'masterpiece' to my best friend as a'joke' present for Christmas.
He says "You are going to hate me....but I enjoyed the Day remake".
I don't hate him. He is simply now dead to me :p

Philly_SWAT
04-Jan-2009, 01:36 AM
I gave this 'masterpiece' to my best friend as a'joke' present for Christmas.
He says "You are going to hate me....but I enjoyed the Day remake".
I don't hate him. He is simply now dead to me :p

Well, at least you now know you can give him a piece of crap as a present, and he will like it! That will make shopping easy for you :)

Mike70
04-Jan-2009, 11:15 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/cromandmitra.jpg?t=1231112964

well, i came into this thread wondering what a person would have to be thinking to defend such a titanic piece of shit only to find out that it's a joke.

the joke is defo better...

blind2d
05-Jan-2009, 02:33 AM
Worse than Contagium? Hard to believe, but... yeah. Funny, I did the same thing with my friend and the Contagium DVD... forced him to watch it. We're still friends.

bassman
17-Oct-2009, 05:10 AM
Resurrecting an old thread here...

I had seen bits of this film before, but tonight I watched the whole thing. It was on one of those movie channels and nothing else was on, so the lady and I thought "what the hell?!?". We looked at it as a Mystery Science Theater kind of thing and popped open a bottle to enjoy it.

Jesus Mary and Joseph it's worse than I thought....

Seriously....put aside the fact that I love the original(the wife does too) and put aside that i'm a zombie fan in general.....This is COMPLETE SHIT.

At first we compared it to made-for-tv garbage, but as it progressed we realized that this is WORSE than made-for-tv garbage. Nothing about this movie made sense. It's as if the writer checked out a cliff notes book on the original film, read one chapter and then wrote down whatever sounds his farts made.

Seriously. What a big fat fucking joke. And I remember when members of the crew behind this travesty were here on the boards assuring us that they loved the original and were doing it justice. Whoever that was...go fuck yourself.

Fuck...I want those 90 minutes of my life back. And those were 90 minutes where I had absolutely nothing better to do...

SymphonicX
17-Oct-2009, 07:28 AM
I bet as soon as the first review appeared on this site about Ghey08 they ran a mile...

Any production crew with the balls to come back here and justify this vile advert for abortion should do it, come back and get what's coming to you...unless you were a runner or something...in fact, even if you WERE a runner - fuck it...you were helping to feed and facilitate the production of probably the worst movie since Leprechaun in Space.

Ghost Of War
17-Oct-2009, 08:42 AM
I've tried to sit through this pile of wank twice. The first time I lasted about 20 minutes, the second time I lasted 25. Why did I bother with a second viewing? I guess I just had to sit through the whole thing to really make a balanced judgement on it. No, 25 minutes is enough, thanks. I even made it through the whole of Children of the Living Dead once. Were people involved in this "film" really here saying they were doing the original justice? Oh god.

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2009, 11:11 AM
I suffered through the whole thing, and only because I was making a bitch-list about everything I hated about it. :elol:

127 reasons in 87 minutes why Ghey'08 is utter shite (in three parts):

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04/ghey08-bitch-list-part-one.html
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04/ghey08-bitch-list-part-two.html
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04/ghey08-bitch-list-part-three.html

50) "Oh my God, you're fucking kidding me!" ... is what I actually said as a shitty CGI 'zombie' scuttles across the ceiling. SERIOUSLY.

:D

Mike70
17-Oct-2009, 01:42 PM
put aside that i'm a zombie fan in general.....This is COMPLETE SHIT.

it's not even shit. it's so bad that it doesn't even suck because there is no excuse for this celluloid abortion.

i laugh every time i hear something about this movie because i always think back to capn's benny hill comparison. he's right, the way the zombies move in ghey 08 reminds me a lot of benny hill.

spz8_rpE0e0

capncnut
17-Oct-2009, 01:49 PM
But it is like Benny Hill, the zombies are all sped up. One scene from Ghey 08 that sticks in my mind is when you see about four or five zombies pogoing and diving headfirst into somebody's front door at high speed. It's a serious WTF moment. :lol:

octo7
17-Oct-2009, 04:26 PM
never saw it but it seems it may be worth checking out for comedy purposes.

Mike70
17-Oct-2009, 04:57 PM
never saw it but it seems it may be worth checking out for comedy purposes.

ugh. it's not even good for that. like i said before, ghey 08 is sooooo bad that it doesn't even suck.

octo7
17-Oct-2009, 05:15 PM
k i shall continue to avoid it like the plague :D

paranoid101
17-Oct-2009, 09:43 PM
I've bought this film and it does have its uses, its keeping my coffee table steady as we speak

DjfunkmasterG
20-Oct-2009, 06:18 PM
I've bought this film and it does have its uses, its keeping my coffee table steady as we speak

I was blessed that it was a freebie when I was getting B1G1 Blu-Rays. Believe me I searched high and low looking for another freebie, but most of the freebies available I already had on HD DVD, so I said... fuck it, its free. That sumbitch is still in the retail seal from the store.

AcesandEights
20-Oct-2009, 06:23 PM
I added it to my 360's Netflix queue, so who knows..I may actually give it a look some day soon. :eek:

Trin
20-Oct-2009, 07:43 PM
You know, and I mean this in all seriousness, I may get this and watch it a week or so before seeing Survival. That should seriously up my enjoyment of Romero's work, no matter how good or bad Survival turns out to be.

clanglee
20-Oct-2009, 07:49 PM
You know, and I mean this in all seriousness, I may get this and watch it a week or so before seeing Survival. That should seriously up my enjoyment of Romero's work, no matter how good or bad Survival turns out to be.

That, my friend, is not a bad idea. Not at all.

Neil
21-Oct-2009, 09:54 AM
I've caught bits on TV, and it does seem appalling. It's almost as bad as 'The Asylum' levels of film making!

MinionZombie
21-Oct-2009, 10:30 AM
I've caught bits on TV, and it does seem appalling. It's almost as bad as 'The Asylum' levels of film making!
Oh, Sir, it is that bad.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Oct-2009, 06:50 PM
Still better than Contagium though. Contagium is just fucking retched

clanglee
21-Oct-2009, 08:48 PM
Actually, (and I am not saying I liked the film here), I liked Cuntagium better than Ghey.

MoonSylver
22-Oct-2009, 05:20 AM
I got it for $5 at Wally World & can't wait to see it, just so I can see how bad it is...:D:lol:

bassman
22-Oct-2009, 11:19 AM
I got it for $5 at Wally World & can't wait to see it, just so I can see how bad it is...:D:lol:

Even though it's only five bucks.....you'll still want your money back!:lol:

If anybody else in the states wants to see this travesty without paying for it, do a quick search on your cable/satelite network as it's been playing on one of the premium movie channels. I can't remember which, but I want to say it was on Starz.

darth los
22-Oct-2009, 08:46 PM
If you subscribe to netflix it's also available to add to your instant queue.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
22-Oct-2009, 09:15 PM
yeah, but the general consensus that i've seen is that no matter whether you're dumb enough to pay for it or you see it for free, you'll still feel like you completely wasted 90 minutes of your life...

no fucking thanks...

i treat ghey08 like 7-up: neva have, neva will!:barf:

darth los
23-Oct-2009, 03:57 PM
i treat ghey08 like 7-up: neva have, neva will!:barf:

Your pimp hand is strong !! :sneaky:

For some reason no one heeds these warnings. Soul after soul keeps going down into the abyss of crappy zombie flicks only to complain about it later. lol

Mike70
23-Oct-2009, 04:34 PM
For some reason no one heeds these warnings. Soul after soul keeps going down into the abyss of crappy zombie flicks only to complain about it later. lol

isn't that simple human nature though? everyone slowing down to look at the traffic accident. this film is like a colossal and bloody 100 car pileup on I-5 at rush hour, complete with body parts and smoking wreckage. so, i can't really blame anyone for taking a look.

MoonSylver
24-Oct-2009, 12:38 AM

Then again, if you go into it KNOWING it's crap, maybe you can appreciate it as crap? All the movies I've ever been disappointed by I went into thinking they were going to be GOOD & they turned out to be CRAP.:D

I do hereby solemnly swear that after I watch it you won't hear me bitch about it. I may comment about how bad it is, but I won't bitch, I know full well what I'm getting myself into & I've lived a good full life free from compromise or regrets. So there.:p:lol:

clanglee
24-Oct-2009, 01:01 AM

I think it is just our way. We, as zombie fans, are so used to sitting through crappy movies that when one comes along that has been denounced as crappy by others, we think to ourselves. . . "surely not. . it could't be as crappy as redneck zombies or children of the living dead. There must be a line of bad. . And I crossed that line years ago. Some part of me will surely enjoy this movie." . . . but then we watch the movie and find out exactly how wrong we were.

The problem, I think, is that hollywood has accepted the zombie movie. So now, not only do we have to filter through regular shitty zombie movies, but we are getting shitty zombie movies with a budget. So now there is even less originality or thought in these movies. They have learned how to polish a turd. But by polishing that turd they sometimes ruin the shape of that turd. We are used to roundish turds that vaguely resemble the profile of Ronald Regan. But now we are getting shinny turds with a more angular cast that now look more like Ronald McDonald.

Trin
24-Oct-2009, 04:18 AM
Mike is right. Morbid curiousity. You tell us something is horrific to look at and all you do is get more people looking.

Danny
24-Oct-2009, 04:47 AM
Mike is right. Morbid curiousity. You tell us something is horrific to look at and all you do is get more people looking.

thats why i watched craptagium, redneck zombies, glitter, the list goes on.

octo7
24-Oct-2009, 12:36 PM
Mike is right. Morbid curiousity. You tell us something is horrific to look at and all you do is get more people looking. silent night deadly night 1 and 2, troll 1 and 2, anything by Troma.. etc

MoonSylver
24-Oct-2009, 02:58 PM
we think to ourselves. . . "surely not. . it could't be as crappy as redneck zombies or children of the living dead. There must be a line of bad. . And I crossed that line years ago. Some part of me will surely enjoy this movie." . . .

Have you been reading my diary again?:lol:

MoonSylver
25-Oct-2009, 07:59 AM
Then again, if you go into it KNOWING it's crap, maybe you can appreciate it as crap? All the movies I've ever been disappointed by I went into thinking they were going to be GOOD & they turned out to be CRAP.:D

Wow. Ok. I resend my own theory. Even knowing how bad it was going in really didn't prepare me for how bad it was. The internet being what it is, & the level of hyperbole that it is sometimes given to makes things hard to believe sometimes, but in this case it's true.

With out going into histrionics, what I can say is that it is really stupid & pointless &, it makes the cardinal sin of a grade Z movie, it's boring as well. Very poorly written.

Quite a shame. If they'd have stuck with even remotely more traditional zombies it would have been an adequate Z grade flick, but the ridiculous ones they went with, coupled with all the other flaws just push it beyond bad to the point it isn't even entertaining.

I don't regret having seen it, as I prefer to see things for myself, and this is one you really have to see to believe. I might have to watch it again, because even as I think back about it I'm having a hard time believing what I just saw. Seriously.

I think it's dethroned Children of the Living Dead as my worst of all time.:stunned:

octo7
25-Oct-2009, 10:39 AM
i don't know if its my self-destructive personality but such rotten reviews only make me want to see it more. i don't know why i subject myself to these things knowing i will hate them but i am so gonna buy this movie lol

clanglee
26-Oct-2009, 01:20 AM
i don't know if its my self-destructive personality but such rotten reviews only make me want to see it more. i don't know why i subject myself to these things knowing i will hate them but i am so gonna buy this movie lol

. . . . and the wheel continues to turn.

kortick
26-Oct-2009, 08:28 AM
I just saw it...i'm still trying to process it...more later.

Excessium
02-Nov-2009, 08:20 AM
anyone bother listening to commentary on it? The screenplay author attempts to defend the script. Listening to the commentary is pretty fricken funny as you collect their thought process on this steaming pile.

mista_mo
02-Nov-2009, 12:52 PM
Goddamn Mena is cute as hell. Just saw, this, and while some parts pissed me off, I never really raged at it or anything.

"meh" sums this movie up, with a slight leaning towards "not so good".

One thing that bothers me though....Why is the military shown as stupidly ineffective against zombies? It is like the writers have to make the army act stupid and do unintelligent things in these movies. It just bothers me.

MoonSylver
12-Nov-2009, 10:26 PM
After thinking about it long & hard, I did think of something that Ghey '08 is good for:

It makes Dawn '04 look good by comparison.

I have my quibbles w/ Dawn '04, but hold this it next to it & it goes WAAAYYYY up in comparison...it's suddenly like a goddamn Oscar winning movie.

erisi236
26-Nov-2009, 03:29 PM
Would have been better if they had just called it what it really is, "House of the Dead 3".

Well, not better, but you get the idea. :)

wayzim
16-Dec-2009, 09:47 PM
Saw it listed on cable and with all the wonderful reviews here I had to see it.
Actually I taped it so now I'm looking for another hour an a half movie (or an hour show and maybe a sit-com, or even an infomercial. ) cuz no way is this staying on my tape any longer than neccessary.

Still I wondered that Mena was slumming because didn't she do enough decent work to stay away from crap like this?

I can't add anything new except that for all you who hated the original Day(for all the wrong reasons. ) maybe this'll give you a proper sense of perspective.

Wayne Z
"All this that you're doing, it's all bullshit. "
Day of The Dead(85)

JonOfTheShred
16-May-2010, 05:01 AM
As a zombie completist, I had to check this one out. It was poor. Very poor. I mean, I was entertained to some degree, but its hard not to entertain me if zombies are involved, and I can't think of anything positive to say about this movie. At the same time, there was parts that really pissed me off. (Vegetarian Bub....really? Nick Canon.....yea?)

Its a shitty movie. I might have given it more of a chance if it had a different name, but it would still suck either way. Its worth a one-time-watch for zombie completists like myself, and never again, if only to use as something to compare half-decent flicks to.

Cinerary
20-Jul-2010, 12:10 PM
damn it.