PDA

View Full Version : Non-YouTube Embedding

Philly_SWAT
10-Jan-2009, 02:52 AM
Is there a way to embed a video that is hosted on photobucket? I put a link to when you click it it goes to that site and you can see video, but the EMBED tag they provide does not seem to be recognized here on HPOTD. I tried putting the YOUTUBE tags around it, but that didnt work.

Neil
10-Jan-2009, 10:00 AM
Is there a way to embed a video that is hosted on photobucket? I put a link to when you click it it goes to that site and you can see video, but the EMBED tag they provide does not seem to be recognized here on HPOTD. I tried putting the YOUTUBE tags around it, but that didnt work.

I suspect VBulletin would need the appropriate definition to put the right code into the page. ie: As the YOUTUBE tags put in the youtube specific coding, you'd need photobucket specific tags to do likewise...

Andy
10-Jan-2009, 03:11 PM

The answer to your question is in the FaQ (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/faq.php?faq=comm_item#faq_bbcode_item), please read it before posting questions in the future.

The forums will only embed youtube, myspace and google videos and no others, HTML embed codes will not be accepted as no HTML code is.

Andy
28-Jun-2009, 02:30 PM
Unfortunatly not at the moment, there is no way to disable youtube embeds for you personally.

It is something i can look at adding in though.